• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dealing with a Racist Childhood Friend

I'll hopefully kick start you into gear @PatrickJ

Where do your ideas of white, black, "yellow", and "red" people come from? Never read that in the Bible. I distinctly remember Charles Darwin explaining people in this fashion, who was scientifically wrong. He called them caucasoid, negroid, australoid, and negroid in his book, Descent of Man.

So does your belief system entail that whites, blacks, "reds", and "yellows" do not all trace back to Adam and Eve? If so, where do you have scriptual evidence for that?
Could you guys possibly start a different thread for this discussion?

This guy reminds me of our dearly beloved Torah-keepers. Ignores, deflects, plays dumb, and gaslights. Just say what you are thinking, @PatrickJ, and get it over with. Nobody likes a tease.
Go easy on the generalizations, they are dearly beloved.

Besides, there are people across the spectrum that are still learning to articulate effectively in an online forum.😉

I hope these questions will stir further seeking of the truth, for the truth is what makes us free.
@PatrickJ You are incorrect. Its a very common error.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. [Jhn 8:31-32 KJV]

It is continuing in the words of YAHushuWaH aka Jesus that makes us free.

I didn't see anyone else mention this but I also only skimmed. Ken Ham gives both a great biblical and scientific basis for racism being flat out and absurdity. He has a few lectures on it and a book by the same name. I highly recommend checking it out. He pretty much breaks it down at every level and systematically destroys the entire concept of racism.

I posted a link to the book below. I believe the lecture was of the same name.

@mando222 - Ken Ham teaches a doctrine of humanism, universalism, as well as, disguised evolution, which are not biblical.

Since you've linked to a book, I highly recommend you check out these couple of articles that explain Ken Ham and his false doctrine:

One
Two

@mando222 - Ken Ham teaches a doctrine of humanism, universalism, as well as, disguised evolution, which are not biblical.

Since you've linked to a book, I highly recommend you check out these couple of articles that explain Ken Ham and his false doctrine:

One
Two
I started reading the first article you linked. It contains some absurd ideas. I don't want to waste my time reading the articles

Notably, the author suggests that Mary the mother of Jesus Christ isn't actually His real mother, but just a surrogate who carried Him but provided no egg and therefore no genetic input.

That would indicate that Christ isn't really human. This foolish argument denies that the seed of the woman exists (which God promised to send way back in Genesis).

Answers in Genesis/Ken Ham donot teach evolution. They seem to accurately teach what Genesis says about creation.

I started reading the first article you linked. It contains some absurd ideas. I don't want to waste my time reading the articles

Notably, the author suggests that Mary the mother of Jesus Christ isn't actually His real mother, but just a surrogate who carried Him but provided no egg and therefore no genetic input.

That would indicate that Christ isn't really human. This foolish argument denies that the seed of the woman exists (which God promised to send way back in Genesis).

Answers in Genesis/Ken Ham donot teach evolution. They seem to accurately teach what Genesis says about creation.
Also, the author really does seem to be racist, and more importantly not following what Genesis teaches.

One
Two
@PatrickJ did you read the articles in the links you gave? The material in those articles contradicts the Bible. Here is a quote from the first article, "On page 51, in their infamous book, One Blood, they state the following: “According to the Bible, all people on earth today are descended from Noah and his wife, his three sons and their wives and before that from Adam and Eve (Gen. 1-11).” This statement “Answers In Genesis” denies any people being BEFORE Adam or being BESIDES Adam. This also exposes their false doctrine of Noah’s flood being world-wide."

According to the biblical record the Flood covered the whole earth. Gen. 7:19-20 And the waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth, and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered. The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered. Also, according to the Bible only eight people survived the Flood (cf. 1 Peter 3:20).

As @Bartato has already said,
It contains some absurd ideas.
I wouldn't recommend this material at all. Shalom

@Bartato - The author suggests no such thing, nor does he state that Yahshua wasn't a man (human is not the correct term). I guess that happens when you don't read the full article. He states that Yahshua was born of a woman (Mary) but begotten of Yah. Joseph was Yahshua's legal father and provided him legal right to the crown. Genealogies in scripture are reckoned through the MALE side.

I've been down this road of "one-blood", "world-wide flood", "multiculturalism", etc. and it doesn't pan out with Yah's word. I pray that Yah will give you eyes to see, ears to hear and a heart to understand. You don't agree with me, that's fine... It's not about that, it's about seeking first His kingdom and righteousness, as well as, studying to show thyself approved.

Ken Ham certainly does teach evolution (a faster one, and somewhat disguised). So, I would say, dig deeper. Allow the truth to change you, not change the truth to fit your paradigm. If the blind are lead by the blind, they all end up in the ditch.

I can define race
A clustering of alleles

I can define racism as well
A means of manipulation originally employed by soviets on Americans.

@PatrickJ did you read the articles in the links you gave? The material in those articles contradicts the Bible. Here is a quote from the first article, "On page 51, in their infamous book, One Blood, they state the following: “According to the Bible, all people on earth today are descended from Noah and his wife, his three sons and their wives and before that from Adam and Eve (Gen. 1-11).” This statement “Answers In Genesis” denies any people being BEFORE Adam or being BESIDES Adam. This also exposes their false doctrine of Noah’s flood being world-wide."

According to the biblical record the Flood covered the whole earth. Gen. 7:19-20 And the waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth, and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered. The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered. Also, according to the Bible only eight people survived the Flood (cf. 1 Peter 3:20).

As @Bartato has already said,

I wouldn't recommend this material at all. Shalom
@frederick - There is a lot of controversy and debate on the issue of a "world-wide" flood which surrounds the scope and reality of this account in the Bible. Much supported by the "Judeo-Christian" theology (a mixture of Bible and thinking of man).

Genesis uses the word "earth", which is "erets" in Hebrew (#776) and it doesn't carry a connotation of a global, spherical planet in it's meaning. Most often, it refers to a limited land area. Usually, the geographic land that was known to exist.

For example, in Gen. 4:14, Cain stated that Yah had "driven me out this day from the face of the earth." Yet, Cain remained on the earth and didn't leave the planet. He was driven out of a limited land area. Also, see Gen. 12:1 where Yah calls Abram out of his fathers land, Gen. 19:31 relating to Sodom and Gomorrha, and Exodus 9:33 during the plagues upon Egypt.

Look up the original meaning of the words and study them in context. The flood was a local one, although a large area, and there were other kinds of men living when the flood occured and when the flood waters waned off the land. There is plenty of evidence from science and archeology.

When the flood happened in New Orleans due to Katrina, the whole nation knew about it, but it only affected that land area. To those people, it would seem as the whole earth was flooded. Similar with floods, and disasters down through time.

As I've said to @Bartato, dig deeper, study to show thyself approved. Or, stand on tradition and refuse the truth.

Ken Ham and the Answers In Genesis ministry teach a young earth, six literal day creation, as set out in Genesis. The claims you are making are not correct.
We can criticize Ken Ham and AIG for not properly getting/teaching Biblical polygamy. 😉

We can not criticize him for teaching "evolution", or wrongly understanding the world wide flood, or the fact that we are all descended from Adam and Eve (and later.on Noah). They are right about those topics.

@Bartato - The author suggests no such thing, nor does he state that Yahshua wasn't a man (human is not the correct term). I guess that happens when you don't read the full article. He states that Yahshua was born of a woman (Mary) but begotten of Yah. Joseph was Yahshua's legal father and provided him legal right to the crown. Genealogies in scripture are reckoned through the MALE side.

I've been down this road of "one-blood", "world-wide flood", "multiculturalism", etc. and it doesn't pan out with Yah's word. I pray that Yah will give you eyes to see, ears to hear and a heart to understand. You don't agree with me, that's fine... It's not about that, it's about seeking first His kingdom and righteousness, as well as, studying to show thyself approved.

Ken Ham certainly does teach evolution (a faster one, and somewhat disguised). So, I would say, dig deeper. Allow the truth to change you, not change the truth to fit your paradigm. If the blind are lead by the blind, they all end up in the ditch.
The author did say that Mary did not provide the egg. That would make her the surrogate (not genetic mother of Christ). That would mean that Yeshua was created (like Adam). That would mean that He was not be the Offspring of Eve (as promised), not the biological descendant of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, or any man or woman. He wouldn't even be the "Son of Man".

Let's stick with the Bible

as well as, studying to show thyself approved.
Except that the word study in the 1611 KJV did not mean what you think it means, such as cracking open your Bible and intently going through it.
The word study has completely changed it's meaning since 1611, as have many other words.

There's a reason that other translations use significantly different words than study in their translations. It's because in 1611 the word study meant something totally different than it means today.

CSB Be diligent to present yourself to God as one approved,
ESV Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved,
NIV Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved
NASB Be diligent to present yourself approved to God

And no, these versions are not watering down the Bible. In 1611, the word for "study" meant a more generic "be diligent about", not "study your books" like we would use it today. See these videos for further explanations.

If you're going to quote the KJV, recommend you find out if words in 1611 mean the same thing as you assume they mean today.

We can criticize Ken Ham and AIG for not properly getting/teaching Biblical polygamy. 😉

We can not criticize him for teaching "evolution", or wrongly understanding the world wide flood, or the fact that we are all descended from Adam and Eve (and later.on Noah). They are right about those topics.
Yes. 👍

Look up the original meaning of the words and study them in context. The flood was a local one, although a large area, and there were other kinds of men living when the flood occured and when the flood waters waned off the land. There is plenty of evidence from science and archeology.
It would be in you best interests to read and study the Bible and understand what is actually written. The evidence from science and archaeology agrees with the biblical record.

One
Two
Originally wasn't going to reply but honestly this is so absurd I had to say something. I don't even know where to start with it. Read literally anything Ken Ham has written or listen to literally any of his talks or look at literally any of the textbooks he and his organization publish. Nothing you have said here is remotely reflected and is in almost every case exactly the opposite. Might want to actually look into the person before you malign them.

Back