• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dealing with a Racist Childhood Friend

That would mean that Yeshua was created (like Adam).
As taught by Islam.
"Verily, the likeness of 'Iesa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!" - and he was." (Quran 3:59)

Is this what you are teaching @PatrickJ?

Except that the word study in the 1611 KJV did not mean what you think it means, such as cracking open your Bible and intently going through it.
The word study has completely changed it's meaning since 1611, as have many other words.

There's a reason that other translations use significantly different words than study in their translations. It's because in 1611 the word study meant something totally different than it means today.

CSB Be diligent to present yourself to God as one approved,
ESV Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved,
NIV Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved
NASB Be diligent to present yourself approved to God

And no, these versions are not watering down the Bible. In 1611, the word for "study" meant a more generic "be diligent about", not "study your books" like we would use it today. See these videos for further explanations.

If you're going to quote the KJV, recommend you find out if words in 1611 mean the same thing as you assume they mean today.
@NBTX11 - Which is why I like to go to the original text to get the meaning. The word "study" in the Greek is spoudazo (G4704; from G4710) does include "give diligence, be diligent", but in what? The latter part of that verse states "rightly dividing (to dissect or expound correctly) the word of truth."

This was my intent when I stated "study to show thyself approved." I believe this falls within the bounds of what that verse is saying.

We can criticize Ken Ham and AIG for not properly getting/teaching Biblical polygamy. 😉

We can not criticize him for teaching "evolution", or wrongly understanding the world wide flood, or the fact that we are all descended from Adam and Eve (and later.on Noah). They are right about those topics.
@Bartato - Are you stating that his understanding of the world-wide flood is wrong?

I would comment on the "we are all descended from Adam & Eve (and later on Noah)." but when I started a thread on that topic it got locked. Feel free to give it a read though.

My previous response in this thread was dealing directly with scripture and this will be my only other post in this thread.

I am well aware of the doctrinal position that @PatrickJ holds and is attempting to preach and teach here, sadly @PatrickJ you have fallen into strong delusion.

Your position regarding race was not held in the times of the apostles.

The position you hold and the understanding of Race black white etc was not introduced widely and officially until Francois Bernier and his short piece entitled "Nouvelle division de la terre par les différentes espèces ou races qui l'habitent" ("New Division of the Earth by the Different Species or Races of Man that Inhabit It")

This coupled with the slave trade, acts of law in British Virginia in the 1600s and the pseudo science of phrenology, combine to make up the specific mix of kool aid that you are drunk on and are attempting to share on here.

Do some research you may actually learn something truthful and factual.

If we were to do a deep dive into extra canonical scriptures such as Enoch, historical records and artefacts, this conversation would take a different turn, but, I am not here for that and I don't think the majority of people on here are either.

The core issue is sin, plain and simple, if you don't understand that then you need to believe the gospel, repent and be baptised for the remission of your sins.

I came on here because of the website address biblical families and the work I had read from @PeteR and @FollowingHim I stayed because of the support for polygyny and I am staying because of the focused direction on patriarchy.

So, if you want to lead your house in this strong delusion doctrine that you believe, you are fully entitled to do so as a "man", however, my advice to you is be prepared, be very prepared, for truth to hit you hard and teach you some tough lessons through your progeny.

Shalom Love and Blessings to all

@frederick - There is a lot of controversy and debate on the issue of a "world-wide" flood which surrounds the scope and reality of this account in the Bible. Much supported by the "Judeo-Christian" theology (a mixture of Bible and thinking of man).

Genesis uses the word "earth", which is "erets" in Hebrew (#776) and it doesn't carry a connotation of a global, spherical planet in it's meaning. Most often, it refers to a limited land area. Usually, the geographic land that was known to exist.

For example, in Gen. 4:14, Cain stated that Yah had "driven me out this day from the face of the earth." Yet, Cain remained on the earth and didn't leave the planet. He was driven out of a limited land area. Also, see Gen. 12:1 where Yah calls Abram out of his fathers land, Gen. 19:31 relating to Sodom and Gomorrha, and Exodus 9:33 during the plagues upon Egypt.

Look up the original meaning of the words and study them in context. The flood was a local one, although a large area, and there were other kinds of men living when the flood occured and when the flood waters waned off the land. There is plenty of evidence from science and archeology.

When the flood happened in New Orleans due to Katrina, the whole nation knew about it, but it only affected that land area. To those people, it would seem as the whole earth was flooded. Similar with floods, and disasters down through time.

As I've said to @Bartato, dig deeper, study to show thyself approved. Or, stand on tradition and refuse the truth.
So you have decided that from your understanding of the meaning of one word, Noah and his sons were required by Yah to build this huge boat to save a pair of every kind of animal from a local flood.
Take this nonsense, along with your racism, somewhere else.

@NBTX11 - Which is why I like to go to the original text to get the meaning. The word "study" in the Greek is spoudazo (G4704; from G4710) does include "give diligence, be diligent", but in what? The latter part of that verse states "rightly dividing (to dissect or expound correctly) the word of truth."

This was my intent when I stated "study to show thyself approved." I believe this falls within the bounds of what that verse is saying.

Except that is not what you said in your posts. You clearly used the word study, as the KJV puts it, to show that we should study (as in the 2023 sense of the word study - crack open your bible and pore through it). In other words, you tried to use it as proof that we should study (2023 sense of word) our Bibles, when that is not what this verse is telling us to do. You got caught misunderstanding this verse, plain and simple. To be honest, your not the only one, I've seen others make this mistake.

Even the NKJV gets it right and changes study to be diligent, because the translators know that the word study has changed it's meaning in the past 400 plus years.

NKJV - 15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Yes, we are supposed to rightly divide the word of truth, or handle, or teach as other translations put it, but it does not tell us to study (2023 sense) in order to do that. It just doesn't. That's your interpretation of what it says, when it only says to be diligent about being approved unto God by rightly handling, dividing, or teaching the word of truth.

You got caught misapplying God's word. Being diligent does not mean study. It means be diligent about it or do your best as some major translations put it.

My previous response in this thread was dealing directly with scripture and this will be my only other post in this thread.

I am well aware of the doctrinal position that @PatrickJ holds and is attempting to preach and teach here, sadly @PatrickJ you have fallen into strong delusion.

Your position regarding race was not held in the times of the apostles.

The position you hold and the understanding of Race black white etc was not introduced widely and officially until Francois Bernier and his short piece entitled "Nouvelle division de la terre par les différentes espèces ou races qui l'habitent" ("New Division of the Earth by the Different Species or Races of Man that Inhabit It")

This coupled with the slave trade, acts of law in British Virginia in the 1600s and the pseudo science of phrenology, combine to make up the specific mix of kool aid that you are drunk on and are attempting to share on here.

Do some research you may actually learn something truthful and factual.

If we were to do a deep dive into extra canonical scriptures such as Enoch, historical records and artefacts, this conversation would take a different turn, but, I am not here for that and I don't think the majority of people on here are either.

The core issue is sin, plain and simple, if you don't understand that then you need to believe the gospel, repent and be baptised for the remission of your sins.

I came on here because of the website address biblical families and the work I had read from @PeteR and @FollowingHim I stayed because of the support for polygyny and I am staying because of the focused direction on patriarchy.

So, if you want to lead your house in this strong delusion doctrine that you believe, you are fully entitled to do so as a "man", however, my advice to you is be prepared, be very prepared, for truth to hit you hard and teach you some tough lessons through your progeny.

Shalom Love and Blessings to all
Kind, specie (a fixed type) is established from the beginning (Genesis) and carries on through the whole of the Bible. See this post on the locked thread. Here's the thing, it's not my position, it's Yah's. His covenants (conditional & unconditional) are ONLY (exclusively) with Israel through Abraham, Isaac & Jacob/Israel (see Gen. 12). The promised seed came through Isaac and no other kind, specie.

These are the CHOSEN people, not the so-called "Jews" of "IsraeLIE" who are the enemies of Yah's people, along with their Talmud/Judaism/Communism et. al. which has brought this nation to decadence, immorality and at enmity with Yah.

Yah's Law, salvation and good news is exclusively for the Saxon (from Isaac), Scandinavian, Celtic, Germanic and related peoples. They are His servant, to do his will, to walk in His ways and magnify and glorify His name. Israel as a people have not done that very well, but Yah's promises hold true and he will not give up on His people.

Yes, the core issue is sin, the transgression of Yah's Law by His People not any other "race" or kind of man. Just Adam-kind and his kin whom Yahshua shed his blood, was buried in the grave for three day/nights, raised from the grave by Yah's mighty hand and power, presented himself before the Father's throne, was accepted and now is at his right hand (position of authority) as Lord of lords, and King of kings.

The Biblical Families website, and those that created it may support marriage and polygyny, but if there position is one of supporting "multi-culturalism", "one blood, one race (brotherhood of man)", "miscegenation (race mixing, thus genocide)", "all religions", etc. than it is not Biblical.

Yah's Law, salvation and good news is exclusively for the Saxon (from Isaac), Scandinavian, Celtic, Germanic and related peoples.

The Biblical Families website, and those that created it may support marriage and polygyny, but if there position is one of supporting "multi-culturalism", "one blood, one race (brotherhood of man)", "miscegenation (race mixing, thus genocide)", "all religions", etc. than it is not Biblical.

I think you miss a big part of the reason that YHWH changed the name of His servants.

Perhaps you should consider the following.

1Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

2Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

3Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

4For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

5Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

6Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

7Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

8The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Yah's Law, salvation and good news is exclusively for the Saxon (from Isaac), Scandinavian, Celtic, Germanic and related peoples.
Are you seriously saying not only that Chinese, Aborigine and African people cannot be saved, but even that Italians, Greeks, Ukrainians, Egyptians and Spanish cannot be? That the only people who can be saved are northern Europeans?

Honestly, there are some very interesting historical questions behind the things that you are saying. The questions of who are the lost tribes today, and who really are the Jews, are entirely valid areas of academic enquiry (albeit controversial). I have no problem with people asking these interesting questions (although more detailed discussion of them would be better done in a private setting due to their controversial nature). I would not ban someone for simply having interesting views on these issues, they're part of the spectrum of Christian thought.

But that's not what you're doing. You're not just exploring these questions, but appear to be asserting something both very specific and deeply heretical, that cuts out the heart of the very Gospel itself. You appear to be saying that even many of those to whom the Gospel was preached, and who went on to spread it to the world, were not able to be saved by the very Gospel they espoused.

Then obviously this site is not for you.
Please make yourself scarce.

@mando222 - Ken Ham teaches a doctrine of humanism, universalism, as well as, disguised evolution, which are not biblical.

Since you've linked to a book, I highly recommend you check out these couple of articles that explain Ken Ham and his false doctrine:

One
Two
Ken Hamm has his failures but he teaches the exact opposite of evolution.

Kind, specie (a fixed type) is established from the beginning (Genesis) and carries on through the whole of the Bible. See this post on the locked thread. Here's the thing, it's not my position, it's Yah's. His covenants (conditional & unconditional) are ONLY (exclusively) with Israel through Abraham, Isaac & Jacob/Israel (see Gen. 12). The promised seed came through Isaac and no other kind, specie.

These are the CHOSEN people, not the so-called "Jews" of "IsraeLIE" who are the enemies of Yah's people, along with their Talmud/Judaism/Communism et. al. which has brought this nation to decadence, immorality and at enmity with Yah.

Yah's Law, salvation and good news is exclusively for the Saxon (from Isaac), Scandinavian, Celtic, Germanic and related peoples. They are His servant, to do his will, to walk in His ways and magnify and glorify His name. Israel as a people have not done that very well, but Yah's promises hold true and he will not give up on His people.

Yes, the core issue is sin, the transgression of Yah's Law by His People not any other "race" or kind of man. Just Adam-kind and his kin whom Yahshua shed his blood, was buried in the grave for three day/nights, raised from the grave by Yah's mighty hand and power, presented himself before the Father's throne, was accepted and now is at his right hand (position of authority) as Lord of lords, and King of kings.

Lol, well at least you got it out in the open. You had your say, you are stunningly and completely wrong (every tribe and nation means every tribe and nation) but that doesn’t put you in any unique company. Many men have been so.

No more of this though. You got it off your chest and planted your flag. The idea has been floated before and been rejected already. There are other forums to debate this kind of thing on. Any more on this topic will be moderated completely.

That's what you say, but the Word of God says something completely different.
Rev. 5:8-10 Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.”

Also Rev. 7:9-10 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”

God says He saves people out of every nation, tribe, peoples, and tongue. I'll believe what He says rather than your racist comments.

Then obviously this site is not for you. Please make yourself scarce.

@steve - Thank you for confirming your position. Whether I make myself scarce or not, is up to me.

It's pretty funny that the Black Hebrew Israelites insist that Black Africans are the true Hebrews (and not the Jews).

Likewise, Patrick and some others assert that Northwestern Europeans are the true Hebrews (and not the Jews).

Both are badly misguided.

On the other hand, there is also likely a little bit of truth in both views. With the Israelite dispersion/exile, there is certainly some Hebrew ancestry in both the African and European populations.

Likewise, there also seem to have been infusions of genetic outsiders into the Jewish population (such as the Khazars).

Thus, most of us probably have some Israelite ancestors, and the Jews probably have a few less than they might realize.

Paul: "For since, in fact through a man came death, through a Man, also, comes the resurrection of the dead. For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified." [I Corinthians 15:21-22, Concordant Literal New Testament]

Last warning, I don’t care which side it is, all other posts on this topic get removed.
To clarify, "this topic" is the notion that there are multiple species of humans that are treated differently by God. All posts on that topic will be removed, as it is not a discussion we see any profit in having. Other discussions relevant to the thread may continue.

Back