• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Did Jesus have an issue with money?

then are you saying that the second commandment does not matter as everyone violates it anyway.

or that all of the known world violates it so why would it matter if the money did.

or that it only applies to things that are served and woshiped like money that have graven images on them because my argument is the later

now if money was not served or worshiped or placed at a god status by all of society i would completly agree with you here

but its all most people care about anymore that and likes on the facebook.

No. That verse is saying that we are not to create for ourselves images for the purpose of worshiping them. Think, the golden calf at mount sinai, it’s not, puting marks on something to identify it or prevent it from being counterfeited.

i wish i could go back to not seeing this as i do. And honestly im happy for you that you dont but I do. I just repent daily, make sure im not dedicating my life to serving money and do my best to help others.

thats exactly what is done with the money though. Its made to control people through debt because people worship it.

if i were to look at it as im not to make an image just me make it to worship all by my self that does not mean i could use or worship one someone else made either. Its a very precise verse as you have pointed out.

but praise God it only entails things that are worshiped or served. Or we couldnt have pictures or art.

We humans are sinful beings we'll make idols out of pretty much anything and everything. That doesn't mean that those things are themselves sinful including currency, as you've pointed out earlier, but that it's our behavior towards them that is the sin.
Some people serve and worship their wardrobe, but it's not sinful to wear clothes, some serve and worship their career, but its not sinful to have a job.
As you point out most serve and worship money, but that doesn't mean it's sinful to have money.

I hope I did not offend anyone in my reply to followinghim about me believing that polygamy is not sin just not something I would do unless specifically led to it by God because I feel it intrinsically causes some emotional pain in ones help mates. I believe in biblical marriage not modern marriage laws is why I'm here.

correction would not do.

Last edited:
ok then is it sinful to have an idol of a pagan God in your home or on your person. Because the eye of an egyptian one is on the back of the us dollar.

ok then is it sinful to have an idol of a pagan God in your home or on your person. Because the eye of an egyptian one is on the back of the us dollar.
I don't have any cash on me. But if I did I wouldn't serve or worship it. And I don't think others would think that I was a follower of this Egyptian god if I did have cash.
It's not the object that's sinful.

we both agree that an object cannot be sinful but seem to disagree that the act of possessing it is. Can we at less both agree that this is what we are dissagreeing to

the act of possesing an idol to me is sin as it is to be destroyed. As stated in scripture.

Back