• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Did Jesus have an issue with money?

your stating that because you do not worship an idol that it is not an idol to you you even if others do.

i have now also injected into the argument that it would be sin posess any idol and not destroy it as scriptures say to do.

i notice you did not take into account that another person could have paid the temple tax for him like peter when he had been 20, or that It may have been paid in weight not coinage, or a verse which im certain tehre must be a verse that says jesus walked right on up to the temple with a graven image in hand and gave the money changers there due. well there is one like that but it does not involve him carrying any graven images as we both know.

The passage in the Old Testament says that every man had to pay his own as an atonement for his own soul. To deny that He paid it himself would make him sin per Torah. To pay it (according to you) would make him sin. You cant have it both ways.

I’d be interested to see anything concrete that there was any medium of exchange in the first century that used an unmarked or unengraved metal. Speculation and should’a would’a could’a doesnt count.

Then a new thread was created by Veritas to make sport of me against my wishes which I forgive him for

This is incorrect on so many levels. Part of the job of the moderator is to make sure that a thread doesnt get hijacked by another topic so the Standard Operating Proceedure is to split off the new topic so that those interested can participate and those uninterested can ignore it and the original thread can continue uninterrupted.

The passage in the Old Testament says that every man had to pay his own as an atonement for his own soul. To deny that He paid it himself would make him sin per Torah. To pay it (according to you) would make him sin. You cant have it both ways.

I’d be interested to see anything concrete that there was any medium of exchange in the first century that used an unmarked or unengraved metal. Speculation and should’a would’a could’a doesnt count.
in leviticus 17 11 it does say blood is the payment attonement. not Gold. the son of God did not shed his money on the cross for your sins.
10If anyone from the house of Israel or foreigner living among them eats any blood, I will set My face against that person and cut him off from among his people. 11For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make an atonement for your souls upon the altar, since it is the lifeblood that makes atonement.
Unfortunatly at the time of christ had someone actually been obeying the commandments and came in with a pip it would have been forcibly exchanged into temple money that did contain graven images. to purchase an animal to sacrifice. Could christ have brought his own animal for attonement? Might his brother have purchased said animal very possibly. but for him to have carried the gaven image would have essentially been carrying an Idol which he could not have done.
He did flip the tables of the people involved in this evil practice and Praise God that He did.

mediums of exchange at the time without graven images were very common indeed of the ones in use a bar that had little segments called pips for smaller denominations of exhange were very common in silver gold and other metals refined in the day.

Last edited:
This is incorrect on so many levels. Part of the job of the moderator is to make sure that a thread doesnt get hijacked by another topic so the Standard Operating Proceedure is to split off the new topic so that those interested can participate and those uninterested can ignore it and the original thread can continue uninterrupted.
yes, that was my thoughts that you may have also felt an alterior motive at the time and I truly felt that way but I also defended your decision to do it because of the legalistic rule you have quoted here. I honestly think you meant no ill to me Now and appoligize for bringing any damage to your character if you feel this has taken place.

This just makes no sense.
this makes perfect sense. unless the money did not have a graven image or any likeness thereon then it could have been ok. But the majority of money at the time did have graven images and likenesses forbidden in exodus 20. so a medium of exchange lacking a graven image could have possibly been sinless "excluding the fact that money was at the time the most worshiped thing on planet earth as it is today". One with a graven image would have made him unfit. But there is no record he held either. But silence is not proof that he was also not a chain smoker as others stated is not sin even though i believe is. as it harms the temple of our bodies. so yeah had he handled it he would not have been a clean sacrifice for our sins. but one thing is certain we do know for sure he could not have just paid your price with coins with graven images at the time because only blood can offer atonement for sins.

Last edited:
I also believe that it is not a sin to not handle money. Though many seem to have tried to argue unkowingly that it Is a sin to refuse to handle money that contains graven images. That is what does not make sense to me lol.

1pj31m.jpg

i wish i could go back to not seeing this as i do. And honestly im happy for you that you dont but I do. I just repent daily, make sure im not dedicating my life to serving money and do my best to help others.

Errrrrr. I dunno, man. I don't have your convictions but I know how to live under conviction. If anyone said the same thing about anything at all; I would tell them they haven't really repented at all if they still plan to continue sinning. Something tells me that you tell God that you're sorry daily, but we are told to bear fruit in keeping with repentance. If your conscience is violated by using money, then stop!

As it stands now you're caught in the throes of a daily sin and going around spreading the bad news that every one else is sinning as well. For what reason? Are you trying to bring others into the same condemnation that you have painted yourself into? Our Master has commanded that one should clear himself of a particular sin before pointing it out in others.

I have much respect for a man who lives an austere life due to his convictions and calls others to leave what he believes is wickedness. I have less regard for the words of someone who does not attempt to free themselves from bondage and still goes around putting other people under the burdens they themselves cannot bear.

Why come here claiming to be living in idolatry? Repent and do what you know you should, and your words will have some weight. Now you just appear to be a man entangled in his own twisted logic to the end of a defiled conscience. Who in their right mind will hear such a one?

also it is not a violation of the commandments to: drive a car, to plow, to swim, or to climb a mountain. It is a violation to serve a graven image however. Did people grow crops and sell them at market for God or to recieve graven images that their very survival depended upon. Unless they could trade. The son of God had to be sinless. Perfect. It however does not mention him having homosexual encounters with the disciples under your pretext are we to assume silence says that he may have commited other sins. I can only disagree. He was the sinless Son of the most high neighbor. If not we would be in an awful bad way.
I am having a hard time understanding what you want to discuss... you didn't state a question or ask an opinion or for scripture in opposition. Are you wanting to argue a point of view or just discuss your point of view?

I am not sure how to reply to your original post.?

I am having a hard time understanding what you want to discuss... you didn't state a question or ask an opinion or for scripture in opposition. Are you wanting to argue a point of view or just discuss your point of view?

I am not sure how to reply to your original post.?

While I’m staying out of this because I don’t think @Herbie and I are going to come to any common ground on this, I’ll clarify this point. I am not sure Herbie intended on this being a discussion of its own. It was split from another thread, which often causes the introduction of a topic to be a bit nebulous. It was causing so much discussion in the other thread, @Verifyveritas76 wisely split it into its own topic.

Last edited:
While I’m staying out of this because I don’t think @Herbie and I are going to come to any common ground on this, I’ll clarify this point. I am not sure Herbie intended on this being a discussion of its own. It was split from another thread, which often causes the introduction of a topic to be a bit nebulous. It was causing so much discussion in the other thread, @Verifyveritas76 wisely split it into its own topic.
Got you thank you. I did read many replys after sending that msg. I agree I too should stay out of the conversation

Back