• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Do "active members" need to be active?

@Pacman, you could click on the member name and see when they joined. It would also tell you how much they have posted since joining if that is helpful to you. I understand it is not a real quick reference but it is something.
Yes, this is the solution I think. It's real quick, and it doesn't take you away from the page, just comes up with a pop up. You can see when they joined, how many times they've posted, and how many likes they have. That is the information that the labels were coming from, just posts and likes.

@FollowingHim, is there some way to add years of online memberships to one's avatar column?
No. I can only base it on posts and likes. But I think @Pacman makes a good point.

I can switch this to being just about posts (as it's clear and easy to understand), and make the "new" label stick around until whatever number of posts you all think it should. Maybe 100 posts.

Or I could bring back the titles and switch to something clear, like:
"New member" (up to 20 posts)
"Member" (up to 150 posts)
"Seasoned member" (151 posts +)"
Those numbers I just pulled out of the air, they're examples only, can use anything.

No. I can only base it on posts and likes. But I think @Pacman makes a good point.

I can switch this to being just about posts (as it's clear and easy to understand), and make the "new" label stick around until whatever number of posts you all think it should. Maybe 100 posts.

Those numbers I just pulled out of the air, they're examples only, can use anything.
The number of posts is most often a better indicator of stature than date of signup.

I've implemented exactly that, let me know if it seems to give the right indication about the right people (@Pacman and others). Can change the thresholds easily.

Thanks for taking up my slack.

How did you find time for that?

She has sisterwives to hold the fort :D

Sisterwives and a growing tribe of kids who are old enough to take care of the younger kids! Big families have their advantages!

The six mile hike was also an excuse to spend time with Christie's oldest boy Eric (13). We didn't have any big discussion or anything we just had a nice talk.

Ah! I am seasoned! Sounds like I am being prepared for dinner.
Exactly. As I explained elsewhere:
"Ascended" just sounded too Buddhist or New-Age, and there were other labels that were confusing. I've switched to a set of names that are obvious what they mean.

"Seasoned member" means they're pre-seasoned, so when you cook them you don't have to add any salt. If you cook a "member" you have to remember to add the salt yourself.

I would land more on the side of encouraging a wayward member by allowing them to retain status than stripping of status. That’s too much like a punishment.
Sooner or later everyone learns to check the date of posts. Not being sarcastic, it’s just life.
🙃

Back