• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Don't Cry a Little Inside Men or Iron Sharpening Iron or Sparks Fly

NickF

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
While a pretty story in parts, there are some marked errors that need to be addressed here.

The proper order of marriage is like this... The husband is the head of the family. A wife is a wife because she submits to the husband, stands with him and allows him to claim her. A concubine is, to quote the Jewish definitions, "A wife of lesser status." Or, "Then the angel of the LORD told her, “Go back to your mistress and submit to her.” Mistress is an interesting word as it means, Mistress of servants, or Queen. (Strongs H1404)

So I can glean from this that a wife submits to ther husband and the concubine submits to her mistress. It's structure, flow of authority. If a family has ten wives and two concubines per wife, then the man would lead the wives, and the wives would lead the concubines. It's really a military command structure.
You make a critical error. You state that all concubines submit to a higher order wife. This is not scripturally supported. This is an assumption and erroneous. THAT concubine was to submit to her mistress because she was Sarai's servant woman. Your doctrine of wives being masters of concubines is entirely manmade. You need to fix this thinking.

A woman IS a Captain.
A woman is not a Captain. She is a HELPER. Don't create a new designation with your own ideas. We are here for "Biblical" families, not "philosophical in the trappings of biblical" families.

She has her own life. Her own dreams. Her own resources. Her own foibles and quirks. She's amazing, talented and wonderful. A general would be PROUD to have a second in command like her. After all, guys, you looked at her skills, talents and abilities..... and not her rump, hips and pretty smile, right? She KNOWS what she looks like, and she knows she has a lot of power in those twinkles, and if you are no better than the average guy she manipulates (knowingly or out of instinct) then she will never respect you or let you lead her.
Some women are amazing, some women are not worth a bag of rocks. Some women have very little to offer other than hips and a pretty smile. Some women have no good looks but a character and spirit of joy that shines out and transmutes plainness into stunning beauty. Yes we should be called to be men, If we are masculine, strong, wise, and bold, our wife will be happy to let us lead.

You are her toy. SHE is in charge. Oh, she may marry you, and you should start whinnying, because you are just the pack-mule. She WILL resent you quickly. You are not her leader, and she will always be looking for her leader.
This may be worded poorly, but a man who thinks his woman is in charge is an effeminate pansy. I am not my wife's toy, and she is not in charge. Is this a hypothetical scenario describing your prior experiences?
This is part of the curse. "Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.” And I really should deal with that one a moment.
You really should deal with this one by studying it a bit more cause you have a strange idea that I haven't found to be scriptural.
Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.”
Desire is like - Longing, craving, a beast to devour. It's used for the emotion of, "Damn she has a nice ass," or, "Wow, look at him, makes me get goosebumps... I'll be right back."
Look up where that hebrew word is used elsewhere instead of inserting what you think the word means.
Rule over you means to have dominion, watching, keeping an eye on, and basically being the overseer.
Rule over you means to be your ruler, your master or lord (ba-al). It doesn't mean an overseer or a watcher, or a babysitter. You got the dominion thing right but I don't know that you really know what that word means judging by the rest of the way you interpreted this passage.
Taken all together, you want men, you want them now, and you want the biggest and baddest you can find, and when you get him, he'll lord it over you and make you miserable because he'll not give you a minute's peace.
This is wacked out man. "He'll not give you a minute's peace."? What?
If he's not strong enough, you'll want stronger and stronger and stronger. Does that about sum it up, ladies?
I'd like to hear from some ladies, cause this is pretty strange. Yes a woman does want a masculine man, but what's this "stronger and stronger and stronger" thing?
It's meant to be a curse, and in practice, it is.
It's meant to be a curse? It was a judgement. It's not a cursed thing for a woman to be submitted to her man and for him to have the rule over her.

I finally learned that polygyny is not monogamy x2.
Good! Definitions matter!
Monogamy is not even monogamy, because what we call monogamy in the USA is as often as not something strange and perverted as far as crafting a family is concerned.
Monogamy IS actually monogamy, you can tell cause of the way it is. Monogamy is good, there's nothing wrong with having one wife. This hyper fixation on polygyny is a problem. Monogamy is just fine and good, worthy of praise. So is Polygyny.
We are in a world of hurt right now because of polygamy.
We are in a world of hurt right now because of the commands of men subverting the commands of The Most High. We are in a world of hurt right now because men have abdicated their responsibilities and stood meekly on the sidelines while evil actors across the world have perverted everything good and right. We are not in any hurt because of polygamy.
We gave it up, in the interest of making a cult go away, and as a result, marriage in the USA is out of balance.
I didn't give anything up. Men have abdicated their liberty for hundreds if not thousands of years in many ways. This simplistic statement just simply ain't true.
The multi-person structure is learned from poly. The individual independence is learned from celibacy. Monogamy was SUPPOSED to be a blend of the two. I think this is why God had no issue with Lamech, Noah's dad, having two wives. It's also, I would guess, why Noah was chosen by God instead of someone else, because without that training on dealing with large families, the flood may have happened quite differently. This is supported also when God chose Gideon to lead because HE had many wives. Having many wives means you are structured, organized, and on top of things. (No pun intended, lol)
God has no problem with a man having multiple wives because it's how he created men to function modeling themselves after Him. Don't try to invent some new reason or some new hypothesis for what would have happened with the flood. God chose Gideon to lead for His reasons. Where is the scripture that says God chose Gideon because he had many wives? You seem to make up a ton of stuff for someone who has been studying this for so long.
We've been together for about 6 years now, and every morning I wake up and cry inside a little that we can't spend even more time together than we do
You wake up and cry a little inside that you have to go be a man? Dr. Nick prescribes you 50 pushups a day for the next 3 months, no soap operas or hallmark movies. 1 shot of wiskey neat AFTER you have chopped a tree down with an axe. Then you need to go slaughter a deer or other ruminant, cook it and eat it. Then grab your rifle and go shoot some steel. Pick up the brass and sniff each cartridge. Then go to your woman, smack her on the rear and grab her boob. Do this for a year and you might have testicles large enough to offset this urge to cry.

This is a Meat Topic. Fire at will.

Apparently I'm not the only guy to have sniffed empty brass. ☺️

Also, butchering a chicken or rabbit is a good "baby step" before moving up to the larger critters.

While a pretty story in parts, there are some marked errors that need to be addressed here.

You make a critical error. You state that all concubines submit to a higher order wife. This is not scripturally supported. This is an assumption and erroneous. THAT concubine was to submit to her mistress because she was Sarai's servant woman. Your doctrine of wives being masters of concubines is entirely manmade. You need to fix this thinking.

A woman is not a Captain. She is a HELPER. Don't create a new designation with your own ideas. We are here for "Biblical" families, not "philosophical in the trappings of biblical" families.

Some women are amazing, some women are not worth a bag of rocks. Some women have very little to offer other than hips and a pretty smile. Some women have no good looks but a character and spirit of joy that shines out and transmutes plainness into stunning beauty. Yes we should be called to be men, If we are masculine, strong, wise, and bold, our wife will be happy to let us lead.

This may be worded poorly, but a man who thinks his woman is in charge is an effeminate pansy. I am not my wife's toy, and she is not in charge. Is this a hypothetical scenario describing your prior experiences?

You really should deal with this one by studying it a bit more cause you have a strange idea that I haven't found to be scriptural.

Look up where that hebrew word is used elsewhere instead of inserting what you think the word means.

Rule over you means to be your ruler, your master or lord (ba-al). It doesn't mean an overseer or a watcher, or a babysitter. You got the dominion thing right but I don't know that you really know what that word means judging by the rest of the way you interpreted this passage.

I'd like to hear from some ladies, cause this is pretty strange. Yes a woman does want a masculine man, but what's this "stronger and stronger and stronger" thing?

It's meant to be a curse? It was a judgement. It's not a cursed thing for a woman to be submitted to her man and for him to have the rule over her.

Monogamy IS actually monogamy, you can tell cause of the way it is. Monogamy is good, there's nothing wrong with having one wife. This hyper fixation on polygyny is a problem. Monogamy is just fine and good, worthy of praise. So is Polygyny.

We are in a world of hurt right now because of the commands of men subverting the commands of The Most High. We are in a world of hurt right now because men have abdicated their responsibilities and stood meekly on the sidelines while evil actors across the world have perverted everything good and right. We are not in any hurt because of polygamy.

I didn't give anything up. Men have abdicated their liberty for hundreds if not thousands of years in many ways. This simplistic statement just simply ain't true.

God has no problem with a man having multiple wives because it's how he created men to function modeling themselves after Him. Don't try to invent some new reason or some new hypothesis for what would have happened with the flood. God chose Gideon to lead for His reasons. Where is the scripture that says God chose Gideon because he had many wives? You seem to make up a ton of stuff for someone who has been studying this for so long.

You wake up and cry a little inside that you have to go be a man? Dr. Nick prescribes you 50 pushups a day for the next 3 months, no soap operas or hallmark movies. 1 shot of wiskey neat AFTER you have chopped a tree down with an axe. Then you need to go slaughter a deer or other ruminant, cook it and eat it. Then grab your rifle and go shoot some steel. Pick up the brass and sniff each cartridge. Then go to your woman, smack her on the rear and grab her boob. Do this for a year and you might have testicles large enough to offset this urge to cry.

Wait. He said concubine!?!?

You missed one... Scripture does not say that Noah’s dad had more than one wife. Different Lamech.

Dr. Nick prescribes you 50 pushups a day for the next 3 months, no soap operas or hallmark movies. 1 shot of wiskey neat AFTER you have chopped a tree down with an axe. Then you need to go slaughter a deer or other ruminant, cook it and eat it. Then grab your rifle and go shoot some steel. Pick up the brass and sniff each cartridge. Then go to your woman, smack her on the rear and grab her boob. Do this for a year and you might have testicles large enough to offset this urge to cry.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

If we are masculine, strong, wise, and bold, our wife will be happy to let us lead.
If only you had left this statement out.

(Crying a little inside 😢)

No thank you. I'll take the years fo research that I put into this over your opinion.

I think I'll also take the word of the various dictionairies, STrongs, TWOT and other resources that I used to base my opinion on, and you keep on having fun telling women they are just a helper. I'll keep my captains and I'll be the general. But to each his own, I guess.

Um, okay.
Your wife (if you have one) is smirking at this.
Didn't really ask your opinion. Nor have you offered me anything other than opinion as rebuttal. Also, just to make myself clear, I am running a farm, dealing with animals, juggling a lot of things at the moment. I'm busy from daylight to dark many days, and on top of that I have Narcolepsy. I'm also installing a new bathroom, building a photography and craft studio on my land, and both me and my wife as sick with the flu right now. I found your reply funny or I would not have bothered to answer.
Thank you for your advice. (rolls eyes)
You seem to have every answer already. Good luck.

They can explain it to you. But only if you listen instead of telling them what they think.
Ask a woman. I really am laughing a little here. They do have minds.
Yep, I'll ask you for yours next time I'm confused.
*sigh* I guess I'll just need to get my hormones checked.
I guess I'll just think the way you do and take your words as my own. Thank you for telling me what to think.

*sigh* why are you even here? You have every answer already. You're so smart.
*sigh* How about I keep building the new bathroom, add the shower pan I picked up today while I was out slaughtering some deer. Then, I can drink some whiskey while I go to the sawmill tomorrow to get the 6x6 posts I need to build my new pole barn that will be my new leatherworking shop and video studio. Then, I'll drop by the Amish store and see about some new bear traps for catching women who wander too near my property. Caveman dating, have club, will marry. Ooga Booga, bonk bonk.
Nope, not interested in firing you. Just having a little fun with you.

No thank you. I'll take the years fo research that I put into this over your opinion.

I think I'll also take the word of the various dictionairies, STrongs, TWOT and other resources that I used to base my opinion on, and you keep on having fun telling women they are just a helper. I'll keep my captains and I'll be the general. But to each his own, I guess.
Can you provide references for the concepts that
  1. All concubines submit to a higher order wife?
  2. A wife is a "captain"?
On the second point though, this may be a misunderstanding because of your word choice, which is unusual. When you say a woman is a "captain", it sounds on the face of it like you are saying she is the boss of her husband. However, I think from your comment that you're the "general" that you mean that a woman is a subordinate to her man - yet has her own sphere of authority within his wider sphere of authority - things that she is responsible for, that he delegates to her. Could you clarify what you actually mean, maybe using different terminology if you agree your choice of words may be contributing to a misunderstanding?

Can you provide references for the concepts that
  1. All concubines submit to a higher order wife?
  2. A wife is a "captain"?
On the second point though, this may be a misunderstanding because of your word choice, which is unusual. When you say a woman is a "captain", it sounds on the face of it like you are saying she is the boss of her husband. However, I think from your comment that you're the "general" that you mean that a woman is a subordinate to her man - yet has her own sphere of authority within his wider sphere of authority - things that she is responsible for, that he delegates to her. Could you clarify what you actually mean, maybe using different terminology if you agree your choice of words may be contributing to a misunderstanding?
Captain is wrong word in any case.

For most people first analogy isn't general - officer in army, but ship captain who is in total control.

If army is analogy then any officer rank - soldier analogy would be far clear to many people.

For most people first analogy isn't general - officer in army, but ship captain who is in total control.

If army is analogy then any officer rank - soldier analogy would be far clear to many people.
What you are saying is - to use an apology from Star Trek The Next Generation

The wife is to the husband as Commander Riker is to Captain Picard. "Number One - Make it so".

Then wife number two is Lt Commander Data. Wife three is Laforge, and four is Worf.

You might choose to do so, but don't think the Bible teached it

1669870485911.png

You might choose to do so, but don't think the Bible teached it
That’s correct. Unless he can provide references that teach all concubines are subservient to the wives.

For once we agree, in that analogy first sergeant or sergeant major would be more appropriate.

Back