• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Every man dreams of two things.

I make it with butter, olive oil, and coconut oil.
Salt to taste.
About 5 gallons at a time, just for 3-4 people.

I make it with butter, olive oil, and coconut oil.
Salt to taste.
About 5 gallons at a time, just for 3-4 people.
Our family likes popcorn too! I buy it in bulk. Lotsa butter, my seasoning blend for grilling chicken and nutritional yeast.

It does help to have a long enough handle to reach where you need to reach. Those short handled affairs with the D handle are only really useful for close work. If you're really trying to get some work done, you want a longer handle. I prefer ash over fiberglass or metal handles. The real wood is light weight enough to not overly tire you if you're working for longer than 30 minute stretches. The others are better for prying if you're digging in really heavy clay or rocky soil. But mostly it comes down to if you know how to use the tool you have to hand.

And I have to agree with Keith. Those muslims know what's up. A nice pair of slender ankles sends shivers down my spine.
The only time I dig with the short D handle is when I dig potatoes with the fork. For general digging I prefer a square spade or the spading "grub" hoe.

Our family likes popcorn too! I buy it in bulk. Lotsa butter, my seasoning blend for grilling chicken and nutritional yeast.
Yum! I love it with nutritional yeast, as well! And a little Parmesan, lots of butter and some salt.

I just picked up another twenty pounds of popping corn from the bulk section at WINCO for our food storage. WINCO has a pretty good bulk food selection.

We do like popcorn, and if times get zesty, it is nice to have something besides rice and beans.

All this talk about digging in the dirt brought this video to mind...
I bet these guys were really happy doing this
and damn good with their shovels, as well!

I envy them that depth of clay to work with . . . not to mention their youth.

That was delightful, @Frank S; thank you so much for sharing it.

and positively bourgeous.

Back