• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

False Prophets

Prophecy at it’s most basic definition is a message from God.
“a” message from God.

Why are you operating as if your definition is every message from God?
You clearly didn’t use language that is all inclusive.

Question: @FollowingHim @FollowingHim2 @steve @NickF, have any of you received a word, a dream, a prophecy of any kind from God to be conveyed to someone else? How did you receive it and how did you know it was from God?
I already gave an example.
You don’t seem to accept that it is possible, so you will probably deflect anything that we have to say.
Let’s just stick with the questions that are on the table.

Biblically the symbolism in dreams is usually only evident after God reveals the interpretation, the interpretation isn’t divined by figuring out what the symbols mean. There’s a difference.

Interesting statement in light of the church's historical ignoring of Acts 10:28 and applying their own interpretation to Acts 10...

Good case study of false teaching from wrong interpretation.

When you answer my question I’ll answer yours. Until then you’re deflecting.
Yeah, I’m not the one deflecting here. In Deuteronomy 18:20 the word prophecy isn’t even used. It says “a word in my name”

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 KJV
[20] But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. [21] And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken? [22] When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

And if you’re going to try and say, well it says “prophet, and I’m not one” then my question is, so as long as you don’t call yourself a prophet you can give false messages from God, and it’s ok? I don’t think so. This is the definition if what a prophet is and what a prophecy is... from Torah.
I already gave an example.
You don’t seem to accept that it is possible, so you will probably deflect anything that we have to say.
Let’s just stick with the questions that are on the table.
Everybody wants to be the cool guy getting messages from God until your track record needs checked, then it’s all “define prophecy” “I’m not a prophet” “people aren’t perfect” “just cause someone gets it wrong, it doesn’t make them a false prophet”. People who actually speak the words that God really gives them, don’t need any excuses. If I was a betting man, I’d put my money on the side that says each one of you has “gotten it wrong” before.

1 Corinthians 12:4-10 (KJV) 4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another [divers] kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

Is a word of knowledge a prophecy?
Can only prophet’s bring a word of knowledge?
They are listed separately here, did Paul make a mistake?

Or are you adding to the Word in forcing a definition that Yah doesn’t support?

Yeah, I’m not the one deflecting here. In Deuteronomy 18:20 the word prophecy isn’t even used. It says “a word in my name”

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 KJV
[20] But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. [21] And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken? [22] When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

And if you’re going to try and say, well it says “prophet, and I’m not one” then my question is, so as long as you don’t call yourself a prophet you can give false messages from God, and it’s ok? I don’t think so. This is the definition if what a prophet is and what a prophecy is... from Torah.

Everybody wants to be the cool guy getting messages from God until your track record needs checked, then it’s all “define prophecy” “I’m not a prophet” “people aren’t perfect” “just cause someone gets it wrong, it doesn’t make them a false prophet”. People who actually speak the words that God really gives them, don’t need any excuses. If I was a betting man, I’d put my money on the side that says each one of you has “gotten it wrong” before.
You've seemingly gotten quite bent out of shape but haven't really defined terms except for using this one verse that I can remember.
You used a VERY broad definition earlier.
My understanding of prophecy is that it is God speaking through an individual to others, and prophesying is when a person speaks what God communicated to them.
So when I read scripture and God's words come out of my mouth, that fits your definition of prophecy. I read what God said, his words are in my head, He is communicating to me, and I speak those words out reciting the words, and tell the listeners what I think that means. That is quite literally your definition of prophecy. You are acting as a prophet when you interpret scripture according to your definition.

Sharing what God taught you when you read a Psalm is apparently prophesying. I guess we all better not be caught 19Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Yikes!

This is so broad of a definition because you haven't given sufficient time and attention to this topic to communicate your ideas well. Using a single verse to define something so pervasive throughout scripture is not going to convince me or most anybody else on this forum I think.

I honestly don't care how you define the word because it's not going to change the temperature of my pool one degree. But if you want to convince me, you're going to have to do better than a single verse and a definition so broad that it contradicts expressly clear scripture.

If I was a betting man, I’d put my money on the side that says each one of you has “gotten it wrong” before.
If I was a betting man, I put my money on the side that says you paint with excessively large brushes, and lay charges at people's feet when there is no cause.
You quoted me in that post, and steve, earlier you quoted both of us and a few others assuming we claim to be prophets.
Question: @FollowingHim @FollowingHim2 @steve @NickF, have any of you received a word, a dream, a prophecy of any kind from God to be conveyed to someone else? How did you receive it and how did you know it was from God?
Where do you get this from? Can you please quote where I claimed I was delivering a message from God? If not are you going to repent for bearing false witness and accusing something completely unsubstantiated?

Just because I challenged your position does not make me your enemy, and this kind of behavior is completely unwarranted. Your horse is a little tall brother.

*edit* If I'm completely missing what you're trying to communicate then please let me know because I'm not trying to pick fights or misinterpret. Genuinely trying to understand what you're really saying. But I'm not going to sit here on my thumbs if you're laying false charges at my feet.

Last edited:
Did you notice the question marks at the end of the sentences? And I didn’t say you did, I said I’d be willing to bet money that you had... if I was a betting man. So you’re the one laying a charge here. However, I’m not going to hold it against you. But the questions remain ☝🏼
You've seemingly gotten quite bent out of shape but haven't really defined terms except for using this one verse that I can remember.
You used a VERY broad definition earlier.

So when I read scripture and God's words come out of my mouth, that fits your definition of prophecy. I read what God said, his words are in my head, He is communicating to me, and I speak those words out reciting the words, and tell the listeners what I think that means. That is quite literally your definition of prophecy. You are acting as a prophet when you interpret scripture according to your definition.

Sharing what God taught you when you read a Psalm is apparently prophesying. I guess we all better not be caught 19Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Yikes!

This is so broad of a definition because you haven't given sufficient time and attention to this topic to communicate your ideas well. Using a single verse to define something so pervasive throughout scripture is not going to convince me or most anybody else on this forum I think.

I honestly don't care how you define the word because it's not going to change the temperature of my pool one degree. But if you want to convince me, you're going to have to do better than a single verse and a definition so broad that it contradicts expressly clear scripture.
This is obfuscation. By muddying the waters people think that they can give words and dreams and visions whose origins are unsure, without any scrutiny. When a person quotes Scripture they are in a way prophesying which is why it’s super important not to misquote Scripture.

*edit* I really just don’t like what you’re saying, that’s why I’m all bent out of shape about a conversation that had nothing to with me.
Would it make you feel any better if I said I wasn’t a prophet?

No, I have not received messages for others, only for myself.

However, I have been on the receiving end of such a message, in a remarkable way. Many years ago I decided to pray for something extremely important to me, but very obscure and private. I began praying fervently for this every moment I could, but never told anybody even that I was praying for something, let alone what it was. After a fortnight of intense prayer, at church, a friend of mine approached me very nervously, and said that he felt that God wanted him to say something to me. He told me one word - which was the exact thing I had been praying about in private for that fortnight. This was God's confirmation to me that my prayer was answered (confirmation that was important and timely, unfortunately I cannot explain why as this was a private matter).

This young man was not a close friend, it would have been completely impossible for him to guess what I was thinking about, we simply did not know each other well at all. And he was clearly extremely nervous, he didn't do this sort of thing as a matter of course, he was really going out on a limb having the courage to pass on the message he had been given. I do not know how he received the message - but I know it was precisely accurate on something incredibly obscure and private, and had no possible explanation other than God.

Just going to share something here and ask for prayer.

Our friends Charles and Deborah (real names) are the ones having problems. Deborah is all in on these You Tube "prophets" and it wasn't really a problem until Charles retired last year. Now he's home all the time and all his wife wants to talk about are these prophets and she buys everything they recommend and she's lost a lot of their retirement money on investments these people recommended plus she has given some of them incredible amounts of money.

Charles was over here yesterday and he is starting to think about leaving Deborah. He's had to shelter his money from her and he wants to do things outside of the home (fishing, camping, etc.) and all she wants to do is watch The Prophets for as much as twelve hours every day.

They need prayer.

Just going to share something here and ask for prayer.

Our friends Charles and Deborah (real names) are the ones having problems. Deborah is all in on these You Tube "prophets" and it wasn't really a problem until Charles retired last year. Now he's home all the time and all his wife wants to talk about are these prophets and she buys everything they recommend and she's lost a lot of their retirement money on investments these people recommended plus she has given some of them incredible amounts of money.

Charles was over here yesterday and he is starting to think about leaving Deborah. He's had to shelter his money from her and he wants to do things outside of the home (fishing, camping, etc.) and all she wants to do is watch The Prophets for as much as twelve hours every day.

They need prayer.
Can you talk to her and show her what is actually written in the Bible about her responsibilities to her husband?

And, her responsibilities when these profits prove false?

Can you talk to her and show her what is actually written in the Bible about her responsibilities to her husband?

That never ends well and I have tried. Over the years she would keep bringing up the latest nonsense prophecy from these people and I'd ask her to square the prophecy with reality.

Example: In January 2021 the prophets were saying that angels would usher Donald Trump back into the White House and install him as President by March 31, 2021. I bet her $100 it wouldn't happen and to her credit she paid up. But she came back and just said it would be later that year.

But I also pointed out to her that angels could NOT install Trump as President. That can only be accomplished through a number of legal processes. The angels can make him king or dictator, but they can't make him a President. So I asked what legal processes the prophets were saying would happen and she had a meltdown/tantrum telling me I didn't have enough faith and that God can do anything.

Then she bought ten Bitcoin at around $60,000 each. Because the prophets said it would go to one million each. She was giddy with the idea that her $600,000 investment would soon be ten million. She was also angry at me that I wasn't investing the family money in Bitcoin like her prophets said to do and she was angry that I was "disobedient to God".

But now it's about $200,000 and going down. She lost $400,000 of their retirement money in one shot.

She is just dead set that she's right and no matter how wrong her prophets are she always has an excuse or says it's just a matter of praying hard enough to make it come true. But it's never the fault of these false prophets when they're wrong.

Then she bought ten Bitcoin at around $60,000 each.
I would hope that her husband restricted her access to the family funds, including the Bitcoin ownership, at that point.
If not, the problem is with him more than even with her. IMO

I don’t see anything that can fix this, outside of him stepping up.
I realize that I am making a judgment on just this slice of information.

That never ends well and I have tried. Over the years she would keep bringing up the latest nonsense prophecy from these people and I'd ask her to square the prophecy with reality.

Example: In January 2021 the prophets were saying that angels would usher Donald Trump back into the White House and install him as President by March 31, 2021. I bet her $100 it wouldn't happen and to her credit she paid up. But she came back and just said it would be later that year.

But I also pointed out to her that angels could NOT install Trump as President. That can only be accomplished through a number of legal processes. The angels can make him king or dictator, but they can't make him a President. So I asked what legal processes the prophets were saying would happen and she had a meltdown/tantrum telling me I didn't have enough faith and that God can do anything.

Then she bought ten Bitcoin at around $60,000 each. Because the prophets said it would go to one million each. She was giddy with the idea that her $600,000 investment would soon be ten million. She was also angry at me that I wasn't investing the family money in Bitcoin like her prophets said to do and she was angry that I was "disobedient to God".

But now it's about $200,000 and going down. She lost $400,000 of their retirement money in one shot.

She is just dead set that she's right and no matter how wrong her prophets are she always has an excuse or says it's just a matter of praying hard enough to make it come true. But it's never the fault of these false prophets when they're wrong.
And this is why wives should fear their husbands. Yikes. How old is she? Is there some dementia sneaking in?

It's like compulsive gambling. At some point you've lost so much that it is impossible to stop, the only conceivable way out is to keep going and win back your losses, because every other alternative is to be ruined. So she won't be able to be reasoned out of it, emotion has taken over. She's an addict. And like any addict she's going to have to be controlled, temporarily, by others, to remove her addiction and get her to "sober up".

It's going to take some "tough love" from her husband and possibly other family members laying down the law and taking her strictly in hand - or separation until she willingly chooses to come under that level of management.

Wow that is terrible! Okay, thanks for the insights in to this tragic situation. May God in His mercy and grace save and sanctify her.

I would hope that her husband restricted her access to the family funds, including the Bitcoin ownership, at that point.

Yes, he's cut her off from his accounts but she's still got access to their joint accounts. That's part of the friction.

How old is she? Is there some dementia sneaking in?

65-ish. I don't think she's senile just inordinately obsessed with these prophets. Perhaps she is somewhat delusional because she believes these people regardless of how many times they fail.

It's like compulsive gambling. At some point you've lost so much that it is impossible to stop, the only conceivable way out is to keep going and win back your losses, because every other alternative is to be ruined. So she won't be able to be reasoned out of it, emotion has taken over. She's an addict. And like any addict she's going to have to be controlled, temporarily, by others, to remove her addiction and get her to "sober up".

It's going to take some "tough love" from her husband and possibly other family members laying down the law and taking her strictly in hand - or separation until she willingly chooses to come under that level of management.

I agree with your comparison to an addiction like compulsive gambling. I'm afraid his tough love may end up with some sort of legal action. I've suggested a conservatorship but that's hard to do in Wyoming if the person doesn't want it. I've also suggested getting rid of his TV and cutting off their internet and cell phone access.

Wow that is terrible! Okay, thanks for the insights in to this tragic situation. May God in His mercy and grace save and sanctify her.

Thank you and thank you everyone.

It's not my nature to give up on people but there is nothing I can do here besides pray and support Charles the same as my husband does. Charles really does care about Deborah but in all the years he was out of the house working she was at home alone (no kids) slipping into her own reality. She can be a very lovely person but when provoked over her prophets she can become angry almost to the point of violence.

The money is only a symptom.
She has chosen to elevate the prophets above her husband in their authority over her.
This is a form of spiritual adultery.

How have I ended up the centre of drama and debate again?

I swear guys, I'm pretty harmless.

You can move on with your life now.
😊 Sarah, I am replying to you for a reason and you will see why. Two weeks ago, I had a dream about a casino and come to find out days later, it was about the Cambodia hotel/casino that had caught on fire. Yes, it did come true. Now, I have had others around these past 2 week span but one involves you. The first dream, Hubby and I walk outside and we see a football stadium inverted, high up in the sky facing us. I felt the need to keep an eye on it. We don’t watch football so I thought that was strange. I did send this dream off to my pastor to pray about it. Hubby decides to turn on Greenland a week later and in the movie, they mention an asteroid the size of a stadium and that got me to thinking. 🤔 I decided to pray to the Lord and see if that was it. I did have a dream last night and you were in it. There were asteroids or pieces of asteroids coming in all directions. You and I were trying to round children up in a bus to get them to some kind of safety. I remember asking my husband where a safe place would be. That was the extent of the dream. I wanted to let you know that it did involve you. 😊👍

Back