• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Great/inspirational quotes

Lanora115

Real Person
Female
I love me a good quote now and then, biblical or otherwise.

Some that come to mind right off is:

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage"
Galatians 5:1 KJV

"The way to get started is to stop talking and begin doing"
Walt Disney

"He who takes offense when offense was not intended is a fool, yet he who takes offense when offense is intended is an even greater fool for he has succumbed to the will of his adversary"
Brigham Young

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.
The Optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"
Winston Churchill

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up"
Vince Lombardi

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. But nothing can be done without hope and confidence"
Helen Keller

Anyone else? =)

"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Robert Jastrow

"When having done all to stand... Stand." Part of a Roman battle cry and partly used by Paul when writing Ephesians.

“The kingdom of God must never be reduced to talk, ideas and principles. The kingdom of God is power.” - Bill Johnson

"If God be for us, who can be against us." A personal favorite

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Teddy Roosevelt

Invictus - poem by William Ernest Henley has always been one of my favs and memorized by different groups in the military.

Psalm 91 - known in the military as the Soldier's Psalm. If you are bored the story about the 91st Brigade in WW1 who recited the 91st Psalm daily is awesome.

I love quotes!! I can’t say I have a favorite. It just seems like there is always a perfect one when I need it.

“What if... we stopped celebrating busy as a measure of importance? What if instead we celebrated how much time we spent listening, pondering, meditating and enjoying time with the most important people in our lives?”
Greg McKeown

But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength.
2 Timothy 4:17

“With so many things coming back in style, I can’t wait until morals respect and intelligence become a trend again.” Denzel Washington

“As a Mother my job is to take care of the possible and trust God with the impossible.”
Unknown

“A teaching degree is to homeschooling as a culinary degree is to grandmas cooking. It just can’t touch the love, care, and personal standard that only she can stir in.”
Dawne Shelton

We must hold to our views and love those who hate us for them.
-Russell Moore

"Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content." Paul the Apostle, 1 Timothy 6:6-8, NKJV

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

"If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?" Jesus Christ, Luke 9:23-25

Back