• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Great/inspirational quotes

• War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. – John Stewart Mill

What joy has the fire at night That lights the face so cold

Does a tree make a noise when it falls in the forest if there is no one to hear it?

Better question, is there a forest if there is no one to see it?
Yes, and Yes. Even the Centurion knew his servant was healed and the Centurion was no where near the servant. Sometimes ya just go on faith. Even when you can’t hear the tree fall. (There’s a sermon in there)

Reactions: Cap
"On the first morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas I'll never know."
Captain Spalding
If it was morning and the elephant had his pajamas.......oh dear. :confused:

Back