• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Great/inspirational quotes

Truer non-biblical words may have never been spoken. We are certainly living through an example of that right now. The saddest thing to me about the manner in which our culture has been turned into sheep in the last 2 months is that the main advisor who convinced Trump to allow all this to happen, Dr. Anthony Fauci, was involved in the whole hoax about AIDS back in the 1980s, and now he's completely gotten his way 35 years later. If he gets another trip on this kind of merry-go-round should he live long enough to do so, he might be able to figuratively bury us.

What's that saying about fool me once, shame on you . . . fool me twice, shame on me?

Sorry. Back to inspirational quotes:
Can you open a thread about the AIDS situation? I'd like your thoughts on it.

That one deserves more than a like button. Nice contribution. Thanks.
@Keith Martin , I won't steal your thunder, but this quote seems so appropriate for the Torah thread. Would it be too presumptuous of me to ask you to somehow work that into the discussion?

@Keith Martin , I won't steal your thunder, but this quote seems so appropriate for the Torah thread. Would it be too presumptuous of me to ask you to somehow work that into the discussion?

Thank you for the respect inherent in both your compliment and your suggestion.

I'm doing my best these days to minimize my participation in Hebrew Roots World or commenting in the skirmishes that go on about whether Torah should be kept, avoided, tolerated or evangelized. However, if you think the quote would be edifying there, I certainly have no objection to you posting it wherever you would like to post it!

“It seems that most believers have difficulty in realizing and facing up to the inexorable fact that God does not hurry in His development of our Christian life. He is working from and for eternity! So many feel they are not making progress unless they are swiftly and constantly forging ahead. Now it is true that the new convert often begins and continues for some time at a fast rate. But this will not continue if there is to be healthy growth and ultimate maturity. God Himself will modify the pace. This is important to see, since in most instances when seeming declension begins to set in, it is not, as so many think, a matter of backsliding.”

Miles Stanford

The Green Letters, 1964

“There are far too many who think that faith is a long lever that we can use to pry things out of God. It is believed that if a man can lay hold of that mysterious thing called ‘faith’ that he can get God to bless with success every wild scheme and project that he sets out to accomplish. When they fail they usually whimper the childish excuse that they did not have faith enough, initiating that if they had worked up a little more faith they would have succeeded.”

Otis Q. Sellers, Seed & Bread #108
So true.

"Humans are suckers for being manipulated by the politics of fear."

Dinesh D'Souza
April 23, 2020

When people talk of worshiping in some building on earth, and think of a ritualistic service as worship, and talk of worshiping God in music, it simply shows that they do not understand what is involved in the rending of the veil. The worship that is acceptable to God is the music that rises up to Him as His Spirit touches the heart-strings of His redeemed people and we bow before Him, the Holiest of All, singing and making melody in our hearts unto the Lord.

That is the place where we should be abiding in spirit constantly. In every moment of the believer’s life, he is sitting in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus. The place of our abiding is inside the veil, in the immediate presence of God with nothing between. All that once shut God in and shut man out has been removed in the death of Christ.

H. A. Ironside (1876-1951)
Charge That to My Account

"The purpose behind all of these lock-downs and spreading of fear is to establish the medical elite as the high priests of America."

Winston Borden

“Why are we glad that God is Almighty? Because He is Almighty Goodness. Why are we delighted that His understanding is infinite? Because it is the understanding of Infinite Love. Why are we pleased when we hear that God is Unchangeable? Because it brings to our view a Benevolence which will NEVER VARY. And why do we rejoice that He is Just? Because we hence learn that the Energy of Love will NEVER CEASE to maintain and defend every thing that is right, and to oppose every thing that is wrong.”

Asa Shinn
Benevolence and Rectitude of the Supreme Being, 1840

When people talk of worshiping in some building on earth, and think of a ritualistic service as worship, and talk of worshiping God in music, it simply shows that they do not understand what is involved in the rending of the veil. The worship that is acceptable to God is the music that rises up to Him as His Spirit touches the heart-strings of His redeemed people and we bow before Him, the Holiest of All, singing and making melody in our hearts unto the Lord.

That is the place where we should be abiding in spirit constantly. In every moment of the believer’s life, he is sitting in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus. The place of our abiding is inside the veil, in the immediate presence of God with nothing between. All that once shut God in and shut man out has been removed in the death of Christ.

H. A. Ironside (1876-1951)
Charge That to My Account
The eloquence and imagery touched this musician's heart and expressed it too.
My mom once gave me something that says "Music is love in search of a word." Music is always praising something. Our heart's music is a good barometer of whether it is in the right place in the storms of life.

So many of us live our lives as if there is still so much time to love. I sometimes find myself pretending that death has no purchase on my world. Sometimes I write obscure scholarly articles as if I had forever. What will many of our accomplishments mean in that end-time? What will define our stay in the cosmos? I would argue that it is this: how deeply, how fully, how broadly we have loved.

With what time is left to us, we are called to settle for nothing less than a passionate love affair with God and with life, embracing God and the creation through which God shimmers, living madly in the reality that this universe is not purposeless, but that we are called toward the drama and pain of life and love lived to the fullest.

David M. Carr
The Erotic Word

“There are far too many who think that faith is a long lever that we can use to pry things out of God. It is believed that if a man can lay hold of that mysterious thing called ‘faith’ that he can get God to bless with success every wild scheme and project that he sets out to accomplish. When they fail they usually whimper the childish excuse that they did not have faith enough, initiating that if they had worked up a little more faith they would have succeeded.”

Otis Q. Sellers, Seed & Bread #108
Oh my! That could so be used to compare modern marriage relationships. Just substitute love for faith, husband for God, and her for the other party that is using love as a long lever.

Werner Heisenberg, the father of Quantum Physics, said, “The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." I would just add that, if you want to make it to the bottom of that glass, you should keep an eye out along way for Dr. Anthony Fauci.

Winston Borden

Werner Heisenberg, the father of Quantum Physics, said, “The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you."
Which will have been his rewording of:

A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
Francis Bacon

I prefer God to religion, hands down.

"She told me to touch her in a way she never felt before. So I started reaching for her soul."

H. Phan

"An ounce of hypocrisy is worth a pound of ambition."

Michael Korda

"A lie doesn’t become truth, wrong doesn’t become right, and evil doesn’t become good, just because it’s accepted by a majority."

— Booker T. Washington

Paraphrasing the reaction of a previous status quo, "We control the guns; we control the universities; we control medicine. I don't know what you guys are up to, but I'm feeling so deeply threatened that I will stop you to whatever extent I can."

James Fadiman, 2011

A Mirage of Freedom
"If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed" (John 8:36).

Religion offers up an appearance of freedom; but it is not freedom at all, for it can’t actually be lived and practiced – it is only a “freedom” in theory.

If there is even a hint of “freedom” in the religious system, it’s really only a mirage. It is an illusion; and this is exactly what legalism produces – a fantasy of freedom, where no one is actually free at all. There is plenty of talk about freedom, but when it actually comes to living free, the believer has their liberty taken away through the strategic misuse of Scriptures. They enact such twisted standards as “abstain from all appearance of evil” and “be sure not to offend anyone.”

All of this is the classic bait-and-switch. Legalists bait the unsuspecting with language of freedom, and then once they have them under their influence they take away the right to practice the very freedom that they claim to profess – making it merely a delusion of freedom.

Clyde L. Pilkington, Jr.

Back