• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello! -- an introduction and a Bible Question while I'm at it

Thank you, really, I greatly appreciate it, and it has been difficult, in all honesty I believe God spared me a good deal of the heartache for the beginning, but now and more recently I do feel like I am feeling the heaviness of it moreso.
If a woman's idea of what "her" marriage should be causes her to abandon a good man over his convictions, I dare say she doesn't deserve a man of integrity. If she persists in hanging onto the world's values she is likely to end up being used by lessor men, and only realizing much later all that her marriage idol cost her.

I hope, if it is possible for her heart to be changed, that is what happens. May you have peace, strength and comfort in your decision.

When you contrast the first three chapters with chapter 4, you see a huge change in attitude
Pre 4:1, as I see it, these women felt no need for a husband.
Isaiah 3:12 (KJV) [As for] my people, children [are] their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause [thee] to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
16 Moreover the LORD saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing [as] they go, and making a tinkling with their feet:

Whatever the revival is that hits at the end of chapter 3, it appears that the women realize that they are out of Yah’s Devine order in not being under the covering of a man.
They aren’t desperate for sex, it doesn’t fit the storyline. They aren’t desperate for material support, they are already self sufficient and state that they will remain so.
They simply become convinced that they are out of order spiritually, and the only way that they can correct it is to be covered by a husband.
Why 7 to 1? If you run the numbers, you have to slaughter over 90% of the men in order to accomplish that ratio. It makes much more sense to me that 90% of the males left over after all of the wars simply didn’t qualify as adequate leaders of households. The men that were leading families with multiple wives, and doing it well, became the obvious choice. Better many women sharing the best men than having an inadequate leader/covering.
That makes a lot of sense in light of those verses, thank you for the insight! Likewise as well, I really liked what you said about covenantal widows qualifying for a biblical use of the term, gives me more to dig into

If a woman's idea of what "her" marriage should be causes her to abandon a good man over his convictions, I dare say she doesn't deserve a man of integrity. If she persists in hanging onto the world's values she is likely to end up being used by lessor men, and only realizing much later all that her marriage idol cost her.

I hope, if it is possible for her heart to be changed, that is what happens. May you have peace, strength and comfort in your decision.
Thank you, and actually, I think the term "marriage idol", in hindsight to a lot of things, is actually very, very applicable, And seems to be a hindrance to a lot of people in discovering truth on that note

There will be soon if the warmongers get their way...
images

But there are hardly any young widows nowadays..
As compared to when?

Where are you finding this conclusion?

I am guessing that there are more than a few of them in Ukraine.

What is considered young?
I think about this in several different ways.

1. Under 60 based on 1 Timothy

2. Most women outlive their husbands and are widowed after a "full life" together. This would typically involve a woman being widowed in her 60s-90s. Therefore a woman widowed under around 60 would be a "young" one. My sister was widowed in her early 40s with her husband being killed in a car accident. She fit that description

3. A "young" woman who is a widow. I typically think of people aged 40-64 as middle aged (at 48, I'm in that category myself). A "young" woman would have to be under 40. This is a woman that I would hope to have children with were I to marry her. Even 35-39 is getting kinda old for that, so probably under 35.

Even if a woman is past her childbearing years, she is certainly still marriageable.

Back