• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello! -- an introduction and a Bible Question while I'm at it

This depends on what one is looking for.

Generally speaking, the life span can be divided into three sections: youth (age 0-30), middle age (age 30-60) and old age (age 60+). So between 30 and 60 are neither old nor young.

Women of all ages are marriageable, but if either the woman or her potential male partners are looking for the creation of new children, I respect Kevin Samuels' definitions of the Danger Zone being ages 27-35 for women and No Man's Land being from 35-50. No manner of wishful thinking or wokeness will eliminate the fact that most men looking for marriage are looking to have more children, and, given that pregnancy doesn't tend to follow a schedule, once a woman is 27, it means that in most cases she won't be ready to make a commitment, get married, and start getting pregnant until she's at best in her early 30s; and at age 35 her eggs are referred to by obstetricians as being geriatric (the peak age for pregnancy health-wise is 25, which argues for a far more traditional birthing pattern for women in which half the children a woman is going to have being born by her age 25 and half after).

So . . . young widows are generally going to be considered to be not just under 30 but probably at least under 27, because men seeking young widows are likely to be hoping for more children.

That No Man's Land thing, though, has more to do with how set in their independence way women tend to get by the time they reach 35 -- and typically don't start even beginning to realize they need to lower their unrealistic expectations about how easy it's going to be to find a mate until they're at least in their 50s.

I wrote this not to respond directly to you, @Hisdaughter (and I even purposefully didn't look up your age), but to address it as a general question. While women tend to wish for Prince Charmings, men tend to wish for Sleeping Beauties. Neither is realistic, and both sides could stand to revere more highly the large numbers of average, decent, reasonable options among the gender they're seeking for lifelong partnership. So I wish that 80% of women weren't holding out for the top 10% of men, and I also wish that most men didn't prefer childless young babes, because Scripture teaches us that we should be making our choices in a way that decreases the number of women who are out there uncovered, perhaps most especially widows of whatever ages, but it is what it is.

Back