• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Missouri

Sgfmo-Shawn

Male
Hello everyone, I stumbled on to this group last week while researching polygyny. I am a Torah observant believer from Southwest Missouri and I am trying to understand the topic of polygyny from Yah's standards. So far, I haven't been able to find anything prohibiting the practice in the scriptures and all of the arguments seem to be based more on emotion and western cultural standards than any sort of fact.

My wife, who is also Torah observant, is far more cautious of the practice. Which makes complete sense. I am 48 and she is 41, we don't have kids because all of my life I have thought that I didn't want a family. Two weeks ago Yah gave me the words "land and family." I can't imagine having more than one or two kids with my wife, but I can see a time where I have a large piece of land and lots of kids. So I don't know if that means adoption, our natural kids, PM with kids, I don't know. I just know that I am faithfully putting one foot in front of the other.

I am really interested in hearing from both men and women who are in polygynist marriages, how it works, and so on. I continue to read the forums and learn. Obviously, I am a hot-blooded gentile Israelite male so it's hard to separate my flesh's desire from the biblical standard of covering a providing for more than one woman of Yah. I can see pro's and con's, and honestly my natural desires for woman of all types and ages makes so much sense now that I understand who I was created to be and that I was created to create! However this goes far beyond sex, I strongly feel that in the coming years we need to raise families that fear Yah especially in the coming end times. I'm sure I've said too much, but I am interested in hearing different perspectives, young and old, male and female. Thank you and praise to the Most High.

Welcome to your new reality!

Shalom and welcome

Welcome, I pray the Lord direct you in life and on this forum. There are a lot of God fearing people here. There are also some things/people that I strongly disagree with. So I encourage you to test what read/learn against the word. I think you will find, on the whole, there is a lot to gain here.

Welcome to BF. Another one for the club. Don't worry about the no Torah guys here. Just hug them and everything will be ok.

Last edited:
Welcome.

Back