• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How does a man thinkith

Last edited:
If she said that you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against her?
Are you sure it's a her? The "Dundee check" may not be accurate in this century of surgeries. :(
That Ole Bellamy Brothers tune was quite the play on words. Their "Lovers live longer" song is just more the speed of a man that has a wife....or two.

The inquiring song is a pick up line, the other is a we'll just love our lives away celebration of a good thing.

.....and sometimes with a big family....deep in the night is the only time left to go crazy! ;)

Not sure if this is the correct thread. What say you men?

In no particular order
Consistency, loyalty, a sense of humor, not "open minded" ie easily convinced of lunatic cultural blather, family focused, willing to pitch in, patient with me...according to reports I am difficult, prefer intelligent, good with kids, ideally wanting kids. I know there has to be more...I suppose I should mention the dichotomy of emotional stability but being just crazy enough to be interested in me. Apparently the most difficult trait to find.

In previous threads of this nature, a lot of the guys will talk about particular physical traits that would be nice. Like everyone, male or female I suppose I have ideals which would be nice. They don't seem as import as the other factors though and I have found that I don't have a single type.

I believe men are like bass fish. Attracted by shiny and colorful (looks) but stick around because we get hooked (God fearing, gentle quiet spirit, humility, etc).
I remember a quote.

"It is not beauty but fine qualities my dear that KEEP a husband."

OK I admit to being relatively shallow. She must be easy on the eyes as a first requirement. There are physical qualities that I cant get used to waking next to. Every woman has sex but not every woman will get MY sex. Then the character aspect comes into play- the Law of God in her heart. And daily life then comes to the fore- no screamer or fighter or dirty person, my number two person in life. Lots of other things are considered and if these criteria are not do-able then sorry Doll, you cant come to my home.

OK I admit to being relatively shallow. She must be easy on the eyes as a first requirement. There are physical qualities that I cant get used to waking next to. Every woman has sex but not every woman will get MY sex. Then the character aspect comes into play- the Law of God in her heart. And daily life then comes to the fore- no screamer or fighter or dirty person, my number two person in life. Lots of other things are considered and if these criteria are not do-able then sorry Doll, you cant come to my home.
Wow that is Shallow very worldly of you! Develop a deeper relationship with God, learn His word. How does He see people? Then emulate those qualities. You may still have preference those are what they are but He also has the ability to heal what is not of Him.

Make a line ladies, not all at once

Last edited:
Patricia, please dont label me as worldly as that is a continuum and very subjective to the accuser. You would not hitch your wagon to a horse that is lame or sick or cantankerous and yet be righteous in your exclusion of critters in the corral. Please dont.

Wow that is Shallow very worldly of you! Develop a deeper relationship with God, learn His word. How does He see people? Then emulate those qualities. You may still have preference those are what they are but He also has the ability to heal what is not of Him.
Which part of what he said are you specifically taking issue with?

Patricia, please dont label me as worldly as that is a continuum and very subjective to the accuser. You would not hitch your wagon to a horse that is lame or sick or cantankerous and yet be righteous in your exclusion of critters in the corral. Please dont.
Your comments don't sound Godly to me. That is why I said they sound Worldly. I am not calling you Worldly just a worldly view. I know that as we draw closer to our creator He has the ability to change and heal our points of view and desires.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a woman who is healthy and takes care of herself. I think that is important especially when we are wanting to spend a lifetime with someone. We want to know they are not going to die in 6 months because of bad health practices. For instance, smoking is a no for me. I don't think smoking will keep you from going to heaven but it will get you there all the faster.
For a very long time I only dated men of color with a lot of prayer and seeking God, my wounds that kept me from even getting to know a white man were healed... Not to say or suggest dating someone of another culture is wrong. Just be equally yoked. I understand needing to make changes and bringing your thinking into alignment with God's will. It was not His will that I have fear, it was not His will that I look at someone different because of his lack of melanin.
When your comment was primary based on the physical appearance and sex well that tells me you need healing the same as i did. Although you may not be worldly you do have some worldly views. Does that make since?

Last edited:
We should all do our best to keep our comments constructive when we disagree.

Edit: just in general.
I find laughing and joking constructive. I don't particularly find many comments constructive on here, never occured to me to tell others how to comment based on personal preference though.

Last edited:
Back