• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How does a man thinkith

Your comments don't sound Godly to me. That is why I said they sound Worldly. I am not calling you Worldly just a worldly view. I know that as we draw closer to our creator He has the ability to change and heal our points of view and desires.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a woman who is healthy and takes care of herself. I think that is important especially when we are wanting to spend a lifetime with someone. We want to know they are not going to die in 6 months because of bad health practices. For instance, smoking is a no for me. I don't think smoking will keep you from going to heaven but it will get you there all the faster.
For a very long time I only dated men of color with a lot of prayer and seeking God, my wounds that kept me from even getting to know a white man were healed... Not to say or suggest dating someone of another culture is wrong. Just be equally yoked. I understand needing to make changes and bringing your thinking into alignment with God's will. It was not His will that I have fear, it was not His will that I look at someone different because of his lack of melanin.
When your comment was primary based on the physical appearance and sex well that tells me you need healing the same as i did. Although you may not be worldly you do have some worldly views. Does that make since?
Some might say it is worldly for a woman to rebuke a man in a public forum. Prayers and Blessings. 🙈🙉🙊🤷‍♀️

Just to cut through the miscommunication so we can get back to the fun, I believe what @Maddog is saying that is he believes sexual attraction is an important component of choosing a wife and that he’s not going to apologize for that belief. He sees it as a normal, healthy and ultimately Godly desire to want a wife you want to have sex with.

Like so many of us men raised in Protestantism, he was shamed for many years by people, frequently women, who wanted to use very misguided teachings about lust and sexual sin to gain moral authority over him. He is determined to never fallen underneath that control again.

He likes women. He likes good looking women. He likes good looking women with strong morals. He likes good looking women with strong morals and giant Bibles. Also a well turned ankle..:
Well said @The Revolting Man . Omg you have me cracking up.

Just to cut through the miscommunication so we can get back to the fun, I believe what @Maddog is saying that is he believes sexual attraction is an important component of choosing a wife and that he’s not going to apologize for that belief. He sees it as a normal, healthy and ultimately Godly desire to want a wife you want to have sex with.

Like so many of us men raised in Protestantism, he was shamed for many years by people, frequently women, who wanted to use very misguided teachings about lust and sexual sin to gain moral authority over him. He is determined to never fallen underneath that control again.

He likes women. He likes good looking women. He likes good looking women with strong morals. He likes good looking women with strong morals and giant Bibles. Also a well turned ankle..:
Good word RM. Accurate interpretation.

First I want to say that your response is on fire and I suspect you are still at odds with yourself, not me. You hear condemnation in the words I wrote but you didn't hear or read the words with understanding. So because this is a forum for Biblical families and that includes women i am going to share with you.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT FROM A PLACE OF JUDGEMENT RATHER A PLACE OF LOVE FOR A FELLOW BROTHER IN CHRIST!
I DO NOT HATE YOU !
Ok lets start here.... You say you are a christian with human tendencies that are not evil or ungodly. what does the scriptures say?
Matthew 26: 41 Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
Galatians 5:17For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
1John 2:16For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world

Please help me understand what you are referring to with "False Bondage"

There was no condemnation. I asked a question. Your reply began with "I am shallow" I don't know you, so if you tell me you are shallow should i not believe you. Maybe you need help? Were you asking for help? I don't know but that was your introduction to me of who you are.

If you don't remember I spoke to you after this in another thread and you mentioned you were a minister in the Baptist and AG church and i mentioned that i was raised AG. You shared with me that your wife is ill and how you were not sure you would marry again but that you were learning a deeper understanding.... If i am paraphrasing that correctly. I told you it was nice to meet you and that i looked forward to getting to know you better.
So if i was condemning you in one why would I tell you i was looking forward to getting to know you in another? Doesn't make since unless you consider that maybe you read my words with and influx dictated by your own insecurities not what I was actually saying. I really am sorry that is how anyone here would think of me.
I am a great woman with a heart to love my fellow brethren. This thread has been fun up to the point of your comment. Now we are here...
I would like for nothing less than to agree that maybe we both read each other's words out of the context in which they were written and move on.

No mocking here but you are jabbing at me. But again i am going to try and understand that you are coming from a defensive place.

Please show me what i said that was disrespectful?
Reboot: hi I am Jack.

Back