• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How should I go about this?

PolyDoc said:
"God is an open-ended entity." ??? That sounds a lot like pantheism - all is God, God is all, equating the Creator with His creation.

But to place any human (other than Jesus of Nazareth) in the same category as the Creator of the Universe borders on blasphemy. And to say that the demon-inspired Koran is inspired by God definitely would be blasphemy. Please be careful, Nicola and Isabella! I will not say you are guilty of that sin, because I do not know your hearts. Only God does. I am only judging your words, and they are closer to blasphemy than anything I would dare to speak. Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am, but it seems to me that you both place Jesus in the same category as does the Koran, which says that He was a prophet, nothing more.

But I believe what He said:
John 14:6b NKJV "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Believe me when I say, I am of the Body of Christ. I base everything in my life on the Word of God, preferably the KJV. Christ is the Son of God, a prophet, a healer, a mediator...all fulfilling the Word! The point I am making is that NOT ONE RELIGION has it (it being the answer to all), ask and listen to the "still small voice"! CHRIST was not a Christian! He didn't even preach religion. What I am saying is that we must be careful NOT to limit God, He is open-ended just as we are! There is no beginning of your life (just the life on this Earth), there is no ending to your life. Thank you for being very careful not to call me a blasphemer, because I was not trying to bring Christ down to the level of MLK or Ghandi, nor bring MLK or Ghandi up to Christ. I was just saying that these two individuals were able to leave their MARK on this Earth by not limiting their minds to one belief inside a religion.

PolyDoc said:
Thank you for bringing this up, just as Christ, Gandhi and MLK were fluent in ALL organized religions!
Ghandi rejected Jesus. If he did not repent and accept Him before dying, Ghandi is in hell, not Heaven. He led his followers AWAY from the Truth and the Life.

I don't know how relevant that is to the fact that people remember Gandhi. Whether he is in hell or not (and let me say you are making hell sound more attractive by the day) it makes no difference to the fact that he is remembered as a peacemaker....and if Terry Jones goes to heaven and Gandhi is in hell, well....I can not see much that is attractive in your faith to be honest.

B

Isabella said:
PolyDoc said:
Thank you for bringing this up, just as Christ, Gandhi and MLK were fluent in ALL organized religions!
Ghandi rejected Jesus. If he did not repent and accept Him before dying, Ghandi is in hell, not Heaven. He led his followers AWAY from the Truth and the Life.

I don't know how relevant that is to the fact that people remember Gandhi. Whether he is in hell or not (and let me say you are making hell sound more attractive by the day) it makes no difference to the fact that he is remembered as a peacemaker....and if Terry Jones goes to heaven and Gandhi is in hell, well....I can not see much that is attractive in your faith to be honest.

B

Hello,

After reading everything you have posted, I understand why you would suggest that there is not much attractive in our faith. You have fundamental misunderstanding of God's Holiness and Justice, and man's depravity. My heart goes out to you.

You read everything I posted? Woohoo............. :D

No, I don't think I mistook you, you said that if someone accepts Jesus as saviour than they go to heaven, afaik, Pastor Terry Jones is a believer, you said Gandhi is in hell. If this is all well and correct, than I would say that I don't see much merit in that idea to be honest.
I am glad that you find that acceptable but it doesn't sit well with my form of morality.

B

Isabella said:
You read everything I posted? Woohoo............. :D

No, I don't think I mistook you, you said that if someone accepts Jesus as saviour than they go to heaven, afaik, Pastor Terry Jones is a believer, you said Gandhi is in hell. If this is all well and correct, than I would say that I don't see much merit in that idea to be honest.
I am glad that you find that acceptable but it doesn't sit well with my form of morality.

B

I stand by my last statement Isabella - You have fundamental misunderstanding of God's Holiness and Justice, and man's depravity.

DaPastor said:
I stand by my last statement Isabella - You have fundamental misunderstanding of God's Holiness and Justice, and man's depravity.

I am sure you are correct in that, I don;t understand, so why not explain it for me?
In simple words mind, I don't think too good.

B

Nicola,

You said:
The point I am making is that NOT ONE RELIGION has it (it being the answer to all)
You are right about that.

But true Christianity is not about religion. It is all about having a personal relationship with our Creator. The Bible is the only Book that tells us how to have that relationship. The Koran does not. The Book of Mormon does not. The teaching of Ghandi did not.

Any "holy" book other than the Bible, and any teaching not based completely on Biblical Truth, will lead one down the broad way to destruction. It does not matter how much so-called peace, harmony, and let's-just-all-get-along the book or false prophet might teach, if the Prince of Peace is not the Head, it will lead you to hell.

A born-again Believer is not "the body of Christ." Rather, all born-again believers are members of the Body of Christ. To use the Apostle Paul's metaphor (but my own terminology :lol: ), some of us are eyeballs, some eardrums, some toenails, some hair follicles, etc. To say "I am the body of Christ" as you did shows a basic misunderstanding of Christianity.

You said:
Christ is the Son of God, a prophet, a healer, a mediator...all fulfilling the Word!
But you did NOT say that God has come in the flesh. Read 1 John 4:1-3. You did not say that Jesus of Nazareth is 100% God and 100% man, as Dr. Allen said, and I also say - and more importantly, as the Bible teaches. To say that He is the Son of God is correct, but then, all born-again believers are adopted sons (or daughters) of God.

DaPastor said:

I agree with DaPastor.

Romans 3:23 NKJV For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Romans 6:23a NKJV For the wages of sin is death.
Romans 6:23b NKJV But the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

For any of those in/on this thread post who are unsure or not convinced that Christ is the Lord, if you are willing I'll be glad (and bet others would too) to walk with you through some works that show why scientifically and logically that both the Bible is trustworthy and true and also why we can know for sure that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and that he truly did exist, live, die, and rise again.

That is if you are up to letting your faith be examined critically.

But if not, do remember though that this is a Christian ministry that believes Christ Jesus is God in the flesh. There is no room for a mediating position on that. Eternal life hinges upon this question of is Jesus Christ our personal Lord (our personal God that we submit to as Master) or is he not.

We'll be glad to take as much time as needed to discuss with you why Christ is Lord and how you too can know him as Lord if you are willing to examine it logically.

Dr. Allen

Hi Dr. Allen,

If you are referring to my question, I just don't understand this:

You have fundamental misunderstanding of God's Holiness and Justice, and man's depravity

In response to me saying that I think it is totally immoral that a warped and hateful Christian can get into Heaven but a truly amazing man of peace goes to hell. That does not make sense to me, BUT....if that is indeed what you believe, if this is indeed a fundamental part of your Christian faith, then I accept that, but if I am mistook than (as I asked) please explain. I am not challenging your belief or asking you to prove it is true, I have already stated many times that I respect your right to believe.

B

Isabella said:
Hi Dr. Allen,

If you are referring to my question, I just don't understand this:

You have fundamental misunderstanding of God's Holiness and Justice, and man's depravity

In response to me saying that I think it is totally immoral that a warped and hateful Christian can get into Heaven but a truly amazing man of peace goes to hell. That does not make sense to me, BUT....if that is indeed what you believe, if this is indeed a fundamental part of your Christian faith, then I accept that, but if I am mistook than (as I asked) please explain. I am not challenging your belief or asking you to prove it is true, I have already stated many times that I respect your right to believe.

B

Hello Isabella,

In order to answer you adequately, I need to understand your views more clearly, so please answer these questions:

Out of this list, which words would YOU use to describe God?

1. Great
2. Loving
3. Kind
4. Forgiving
5. Perfect
6. All Powerful
7. All Knowing
8. Faithful
9. Merciful
10. Compassionate

Thanks in advance.

I would not use any such description and I don't really have any view per se, my only opinion was regarding what you said regarding Gandhi in hell.

Like I said, if this (the whole Hell thing described above) is a part of Christianity (which I know very little about) then that is fine.

Is it?

B

Isabella said:
I would not use any such description and I don't really have any view per se, my only opinion was regarding what you said regarding Gandhi in hell.

Like I said, if this (the whole Hell thing described above) is a part of Christianity (which I know very little about) then that is fine.

Is it?

B

Actually, you may want to read my post clearly. I didn't give my opinion about Gandhi. However, if you have no view per se, about the list I gave you, then I would suggest that your about whether Gandhi is in hell or not is rather moot. Your argument is a mere tossing of a coin; a mere personal religion created by your own mind...

So, since that is the case, I will share what the Bible teaches us about who God is:

He is Great Ps 48:1; Loving 1 John 4:8; KInd Joel 2:13; Forgiving Psalm 103:12; Perfect Matthew 5:48; All Powerful Genesis 17:1; All Knowing 1 John 3:20; Faithful 1 Corinthians 1:9; Merciful Deut 4:31; Compassionate Psalm 86:15.

Moreover, He is

1. Totally Good Psalm 106:1
2. Perfectly Holy Isaiah 6:3
3. Righteous Jeremiah 12:1
4. Unable to Lie Hebrews 6:18

Indeed, you did not say that, so I am really not certain why you decided to respond at all. I am sorry but your response was pointless and meant nothing to me, if you can't answer the question that is fine but we are littering the thread with off topic issues so let's just leave it shall we?

B

I honestly do not know whether Ghandi is in Heaven or hell. All I know is that everyone, regardless of whatever else they may say and do, at some point before death, chooses to either:

1. Accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and spend eternity in heaven
2. Reject Jesus Christ and spend eternity in hell

I do not know what may or may not have happened during the last moments of Ghandi's life, maybe he repented and accepted Christ. To the best of my knowledge, he did not, so I suspect he is in hell. But I was not there, I never met the man, so I don't know for sure.

This Terry Whatsis-name you mentioned that you said is worse than Ghandi - I know nothing about him. So same thing - I do not know whether or not he really accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior, or if he was lying when he said he did. So I (or you) do not really know that he went to heaven. Apparently, you believe he did some terrible things. I don't know what that may have been. But remember - not everyone who claims to follow Jesus really does so.

Matthew 7:21-27 NKJV "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. (22) Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' (23) And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (24) "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: (25) and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. (26) "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: (27) and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."

Polydoc,

Pastor Terry Jones is not dead, he is alive and well somewhere in America. So, if I understand you (and Christianity) correctly, everyone who doesn't accept Jesus goes to hell.

Ok, thank you.

B

Glad to hear that Pastor Terry Jones is alive and well. If he has not accepted Jesus yet, that means he still has opportunity. If he has, then praise the Lord! and I hope he really follows Jesus and leads people to Him.

But I know absolutely nothing about Pastor Terry Jones other than what you hinted at in this thread.

So, if I understand you (and Christianity) correctly, everyone who doesn't accept Jesus goes to hell.
I didn't say that, Jesus did.

And you understand correctly.
John 14:6 NKJV Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
So now that you understand the most basic truth of true Christianity, it's decision time...Jesus or the world's philosophy? Don't wait too long to make the right choice. Not one of us is promised so much as one more heartbeat in this life.

A friend of mine sent me this today. It just reinforces that authentic Christianity and authentic Islam have nothing in common:

"- Allah is our objective.
- The Prophet is our leader.
- Qur'an is our law.
- Jihad is our way.
- Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope."
This is the motto of the Muslim Brotherhood, founded in 1928 and clearly not a fraternity....

If you watch the news, listen to the way this group is portrayed and it will tell you whether you are watching the wrong news or not.

As for Pastor Terry Jones...he is the guy who wanted to turn Sept. 11th into "Burn the Qur'an" day. Definitely not the best idea a Christian ever had; afterall, I would be offended if some cleric started a "burn the Bible" day. I agree with Pastor Jones that the Qur'an is false but I think turning it into a media event was dumb.

Blessings,
Fairlight

Fairlight said:
A friend of mine sent me this today. It just reinforces that authentic Christianity and authentic Islam have nothing in common:

"- Allah is our objective.
- The Prophet is our leader.
- Qur'an is our law.
- Jihad is our way.
- Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope."
This is the motto of the Muslim Brotherhood, founded in 1928 and clearly not a fraternity....

If you watch the news, listen to the way this group is portrayed and it will tell you whether you are watching the wrong news or not.

As for Pastor Terry Jones...he is the guy who wanted to turn Sept. 11th into "Burn the Qur'an" day. Definitely not the best idea a Christian ever had; afterall, I would be offended if some cleric started a "burn the Bible" day. I agree with Pastor Jones that the Qur'an is false but I think turning it into a media event was dumb.

Blessings,
Fairlight

Hi Fairlight,

Were you aware of about our government burning Bibles?

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-05-20/worl ... s=PM:WORLD

And Muslims burn Bibles Routinely and Often:

http://plancksconstant.org/blog1/2010/0 ... often.html

DaPastor said:
Hi Fairlight,

Were you aware of about our government burning Bibles?

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-05-20/worl ... s=PM:WORLD

And Muslims burn Bibles Routinely and Often:

http://plancksconstant.org/blog1/2010/0 ... often.html

Hi Dapastor
I didn't know about our Government burning Bibles but I did know about Muslims burning Bibles. In fact, there are videos on YouTube of atheists and other groups burning Bibles. It's terrible. My feeling is that it is counterproductive to sensationalize the burning of someone's Holy Book. Disposing of a Qur'an isn't wrong. I routinely "dispose" of any cult literature that groups leave at my door but I don't invite the press and turn it into a media event. I agree with Pastor Terry Jones beliefs regarding Islam but I disagree with his method.

Blessings,
Fairlight

Back