• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How to bring up Biblical marriage

For so
There's nothing quite like one with two big....cylinders ( . )( . ) 🤩
For some strange reason, the cylinders on a motorcycle are called…….(drum roll, please), jugs.

For so

For some strange reason, the cylinders on a motorcycle are called…….(drum roll, please), jugs.
On VW air cooled engines they are also called jugs. Mine wasnt a racer so i was happy with factory jugs and pistons. No fancy shmancy performance required. OEM (original equipment manufacturer) performance is just fine. Little squatty body lady bug did what i wanted. Sure she was a bit cantankerous in the cold but she warmed up to my encouragement. She always had a spare tire right up front but was always tidy under the bonnet. Valve lash was a different story on the non hydraulic lifters. When you put your foot into her when she was tight, it didnt usually work out too well. Moral of the story- stay loose and everybody's happy, noisy but happy.

His answer will be?

A) Polygamy is cool
B) Polygamy is repellent

Like you don't know answer will be B.

Speaking with pastor about polygamy is proof that speaker is all balls, no brain.
I mean if you’re actually bringing in another wife, then the conversation has to be had. It seems everyone believes that 100 percent of pastors worldwide would be against polygamy after hearing clear cut scripture on it.

I mean if you’re actually bringing in another wife, then the conversation has to be had. It seems everyone believes that 100 percent of pastors worldwide would be against polygamy after hearing clear cut scripture on it.
Oh, not at all!
Only 99.9%

Our fellowship used to be a United Church of Christ congregation and the pastors we hired never had a bad thing to say about it. Problem is that the UCC doesn't have a bad thing to say about pedophilia, homosexuality, transgenderism, Islam, FLDS, or anything else...except Donald Trump. They pretty much hate him.

Our fellowship used to be a United Church of Christ congregation and the pastors we hired never had a bad thing to say about it. Problem is that the UCC doesn't have a bad thing to say about pedophilia, homosexuality, transgenderism, Islam, FLDS, or anything else...except Donald Trump. They pretty much hate him.
I personally would not attend a UCC church. I have much more conservative biblical views.

***clears throat***Lance***cough cough***.

So they just completely ignore the mountain of other verses that are pro-polygyny and cherry pick one or two that supposedly support their case. Sounds about right.
Well I did not throw a mountain of evidence at either one of them, for different reasons. For the current church WP, I want him to like me, and he does, but I want him to see me as a potential SIL. With the other pastor, indeed he did ignore the Scriptural evidence that I presented. The discussion with him was about whether he would allow me back into the orchestra, and I wrote extensively about that in my thread https://www.biblicalfamilies.org/fo...s-on-the-church-acceptance-front.14735/page-6

Her entire family is being negative. We have been messaged nasty messages from more than one person. I don't really care anymore. Unless God changes hearts, there is really nothing I can do. I have provided ample scriptural basis for it. They don't want to listen. I did what I could. They can't refute scripture so they just go into other tangents and arguments that have nothing to do with it. Either that or make threats. I'm done.
And my response to every one of those messages would be, "I love her. I love her so much!"

It seems everyone believes that 100 percent of pastors worldwide would be against polygamy after hearing clear cut scripture on it.
Logically thinking, at least some pastors will accept truth.

Strange how I haven't heard any such positive testimony in my few years here. 🤔

I tried the online sites and they were a lot of scams and non Christians. Not interested.

I have had bad luck on the online sites as well.
Transparent fake profiles, attempts at hustles and as I have described in some length in previous focused threads about game players...well, weirdos that want to have a couple weeks or months playing at a relationship and then *puff* they are gone.

My best luck was online but in a similar I suppose site to BF, the now defunct 4thefamily.
It resulted in meeting a fiance that unfortunately did not work out as well as a woman that became my second wife and mother to my child.

With my schedule of work, work for the family projects and time with my family... iam not sure where I might potentially meet another woman potentially.

I imagine several of the men here can sympathize with my position in one respect as well in that I am a difficult match to start and probably have a little different criteria for what might make a match on my end than what you find in so many modern women.

I am making significant personal strides with respect to not being out of shape and looking my age. Hopefully that will help to get me noticed more often once I put updated photos out. Still a tough row to hoe.

If there was the right church for a social group in my area. Who knows.

I suppose I should renew my membership at modern polygamy. That site is at least vetting the women a bit and I have only seen a small number of woman clearly looking for some sort of weird degenerate crap rather than a marriage.

I blocked some of them. I got tired of their $#@!. They were just ranting about nonsense.
39+Those+who+passed+by+hurled+insults+at+him%2C+shaking+their+heads40+and+saying%2C.jpg

Basically nonsense. EDIT: BUT......

HE STILL LOVED US!

Last edited:
for what it's worth i will add my two cents in first of all having your wife speak to her cousin about plural marriage is a wonderful idea that's going to be more helpful than anything else most important thing is how she sees you treating your wife that is going to be the biggest impression on any potential second wife

for what it's worth i will add my two cents in first of all having your wife speak to her cousin about plural marriage is a wonderful idea that's going to be more helpful than anything else most important thing is how she sees you treating your wife that is going to be the biggest impression on any potential second wife
It didn't work out because ultimately she wasn't interested due to not agreeing with biblical marriage.

Back