• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Introductions

Sweet Lissa,

That was a pretty dumb thing for me to say "if you worked at a church." Of course, you guys are church workers. It is late, and the housework is waiting for me.

You made me LOL about wearing burkas how 'your husband wouldn't be able to tell who is who'--ha ha! If that days comes, please feel free to vent to me, because that would be a very sad day for you and T.

Have a blessed night the dryer is calling my name!

In Christ's Love,

Michelle

Considering that I am 7 inches taller than T it would be funny if he couldn't tell us apart. Besides, for me the burka would have to be purple.

I love your sense of humor. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it badly today.

SweetLissa

Sweet Lissa,

I try not to take things too seriously. I enjoy your humor as well. I hope you are having a better day today. Hey, if you do get that purple burka send a picture to me. Although, I guess that I wouldn't recognize your picture like the one that is be your user name since the burka would cover most of your face. :D

I hope your day was better today.

Michelle

It was a better day. Tomorrow our office staff is supposed to go visit the boss. That will be good in a bitter sweet way. Seeing him ill will be hard, but seeing him alive will be good. We haven't seen him since sometime in January. He was thin then. Don't know what to expect now.

Anyway, if he does bring me a purple burka then I will send pictures of what he looks like wearing it.

OOOOOOH. Now that would be fun.

Thanks for the wishes and thoughts.

Sweetlissa

Sweet Lissa,

I'm sorry to hear that your boss is sick. It is difficult to see people we care about have to go through pain. I'll be praying for you today.

Again, thanks for the laughs,

Michelle

Hello all!

I have been reading stuff on this web site since last year, but I never properly introduced myself. Iam the first wife to my husband. We are looking for our 3rd soul mate. We have an 11 month old baby and another baby due in June. We enjoy all of the arts. We are musicians, we like all types of dancing, and appreciate visual art. We love to play with technology, such as the latest gidgets and gadgets and high tech pc programs and games. We just enjoy life and meeting people. We attended ministry school together and also enjoy ministering to others. I have a B.S. degree in Psychology and plan on getting my Masters degree in family and marriage therapy. I pray that God will use me to help women and families, that have come to an understanding of polygyny, to adjust to the new mindset and ways of living in a polygyny family. :D

Welcome, wifeone! It sounds like you will be an encouragement to all our ladies. We look forward to getting to know you better.

Julieb

this is my first post.

hello, i am kim. i am 43 and married. i was saved when i was young, but have lived most of my adult life in a backslidden state. it was actually an interest and subsequent research in "christian, non-mormon" (what ?!?) polygamy that was the catalyst that has brought me back to my God and trying to live a life that pleases Him. my husband has yet to come (back?) to the Lord, and i would really appreciate prayer that the Holy Spirit will deal with him incessantly until he is forced to make a decision about the Lord.

thanks so much, i love the web site. i am from the dallas area and hope to convince my husband to attend the June retreat, but may not be able to by then.

kim

Kim,

Welcome! I'm kinda in the same boat with my husband as you are with your husband. Through prayer, obediance to God's Word and our continued love and submission, I believe we can make our husbands come around maybe not in our time but God's time.

Blessings,

Michelle

Welcome Kim,
I am Sweetlissa. I am 44 and I live in Dallas too. Wow. We are growing. I think we have 4 or 5 families in the area.

Kim we would love to have you at the June retreat. If you can't get hubby to come, come alone. I am going alone, because hubby and T (my sister) will be gone. It should be a great time.

I am really looking forward to a great weekend of fun, fellowship and family.

SweetLIssa

I would love to do that. The closest woman friend I have is in Ft. Worth. I would love to get together. Weekends are best for me. But I can work with anything.

SweetLissa

in the next couple weeks or so, i'll be in the city on saturdays. maybe we can firm up details then. i'd love to meet ya'll.

Bikerbabe3 said:
Hi Love,
My family lived in Texas when our son was born. I am actually from the TX/LA border. I went to school in Texas for my career.My oldest daughter and her family live in Houston. I would move to TX in a heartbeat. I think the area around Austin is lovely. Been there for a vacation with my two daughters, grandchildren. Love it.
Hope to be able to come to the retreat in TX but until then. Hello and welcome.

We aren't too far from LA either. Close to Paris.

Welcome Biology Teacher. I live in Dallas. I have been to Paris, once about 7 or 8 months ago.

Hope you enjoy your correspondence on the board.

SweetLissa

Hi, Love!
My name is Ali Elizabeth and I did the single-mom-work-full-time-homeschool-go-back-to-school-minister-craziness- thang for almost seven years until Steve came along. If you read my post on the "waddaya think?" thread, you'll understand that we have a HUGE heart for single moms. We were missionaries to Mexico in Juarez, moved to Alabama in 2000 because Steve was critically ill (he's fine, now, PTL,) and I lived in Iraq for three years, having come home for good just a touch over two years ago. I am glad to know you are on board, and please feel free to lean on us. Having gone to college in Waxahachie, I understand your love for Texas, and if it decides to become the Republic of Texas again, I must confess I would love to have our Papa assign us there! :lol:

Blessings to you from 'bama,
Ali T

Hi Lissa,

I have been really dragging my feet to get back on this forum, but here I am finally. I am looking forward to next weekend in Orlando and meeting people in person.

YHWH has done a great work in my heart to heal me from our past experience so I am doing much better now. Anyway, for all who are reading this, my name is Rivkah (pronounced like it is spelled, riv-kuh, which is a Hebrew name, and Roberta in English) and I live in South Florida outside of Fort Lauderdale. I enjoy the Word, knitting, sewing, and reading. I am currently a graduate student at Nova Southeastern University for a masters in Education.

I look forward to many great discussions on this list!

Rivkah,
I am so blessed to see you back. I have thought about you a lot. I am pleased that you have allowed God to work on your heart and come to this place.

I am so blessed to call you my sister. Please feel free to call me again, if you need to. If you don't have the number I will send it to you.

RavMoshe is a lucky man. I hope he appreciates you.

Love

SweetLissa

Rivkah dear,

It is always a blessing to hear that YHWH is doing through Yeshua what He does best-- healing and restoring. I will not be able to be at next weekend's conference, but am really looking forward to being a part of the YATI conference in July.

Like Lissa, I would like to say, girl, feel free to call if you need anyone to talk to. You and Rav Moshe have been through the ringer this year, and it's always a relief to know that there are actually members of the Body who are not interested in eating you for lunch!

Shalom and more shalom to your tired heart,

Ali :)

my name is Rivkah (pronounced like it is spelled, riv-kuh, which is a Hebrew name, and Roberta in English) and I live in South Florida outside of Fort Lauderdale. I enjoy the Word, knitting, sewing, and reading. I am currently a graduate student at Nova Southeastern University for a masters in Education.

I look forward to many great discussions on this list![/quote]

Hi Rivkah,

Nice to meet you. I'm newer to the site. I visited Fort Lauderdale for spring break in high school long long time ago and before I started practicing my faith. I didn't behave very well if you get my drift. :D

I too enjoy the Word and reading. If you are reading anything good, please let me know. I'm currently reading a book entitled Twelve Extraordinary Women. Although the content is good, the author is very against polygamy.

Blessings,
Michelle

Back