• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Justification by Law Keeping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve said he doe not hold to the view of "imputed righteousness".
I don’t believe in things that I cannot understand. Does a practicing, non repentant homosexual who had previously accepted salvation seven years ago still have imputed righteousness?

We are saved through grace by faith.
But that being said, I don’t think that it is wise to show up at the Pearly Gates and try to tell Yah that Jesus died so that I could eat things that were previously unacceptable to Him.

This:
We follow His Instruction. EVERY BIT that we, as fallible humans, male or female -- not kings, not kohenim, not in the land -- CAN, as best we can. Period. It's really just "not too hard," EXACTLY as He said. Because He did not change so much as "one yod or tiddle" of what He Wrote, gave to us, and TAUGHT IN THE FLESH, for our BLESSING.

Because we love Him. (And, as Paul said, it's even our "rightful service.")

I don’t believe in things that I cannot understand. Does a practicing, non repentant homosexual who had previously accepted salvation seven years ago still have imputed righteousness?
A long term persistent practicing non repentant homosexual does not have faith.

I'm saying that
Faith = Justification + Obedience

You might also be saying that

A long term persistent practicing non repentant homosexual does not have faith.
They think that they do, and they are being taught that it is just as genuine as yours.

Not to mention, why are you saying that they don’t have faith imputed to them if salvation is only by grace through faith?
They sincerely believe that they are saved.

Wait, obedience is part of faith? Is that what Faith = Justification + Obedience means?

Faith in Who? "Another jesus," who supposedly "did away with the Law," or the Risen Messiah, Whose very NAME means "Salvation of Yah"?

"SHOW ME your faith by your works."
We could even say, as the Real One DID, "If you love Me, keep My commandments." I find that much more satisfying, and simple, than arguing about logic that grade skool indoctrinees are taught to ignore anyway if it conflicts with their 'feelings.'

(In their attempt to justify rebellion to Him, and "pick and choose" - I contend that the Whore Church tried hard to make it "FAR too complicated." "You can't do it anyway...nobody can! - so don't even try.")
I've already objected to the RCC implication that if I don't accept their "Creed" - or, in the case of so-called "TK's" - "don't keep TORAH" as we MUST - that he/she/zhe/they are "goin' straight to Hell."

So, NO, I'm not on a witness stand, forced to answer simply "yes or no" to a misleading, doctrinaire question, arguably not QUITE consistent with Scripture-as-Written.

And here's a great example of what I mean. Exercise for the reader: Spot the deception!

Some things are "meat" (like the 'meat on your bones') but they are NOT FOOD. (People, BTW, neither 'chew the cud,' nor have 'split hooves.' Simple. But kids are being conditioned otherwise, whether some believe it - yet - or not.)

And when Yahushua died and was resurrected "as the day of the Sabbath ended" at sundown, exactly as He said, neither men's bodies nor pigs' bodies were somehow changed!!!

What was NOT FOOD is STILL "NOT food"! If you don't understand the words, in spite of lousy renderings through multiple mis-translations, you just won't get it.

You will still suffer health consequences, like it or not, if you eat stuff He says is not food.

No, you won't "go to hell" for eating pig. But you just may go - wherever - a bit sooner.

Because He did NOT change that. And He said so. And I still have a real problem with people who call Him a liar, ` (Mark 7:5-9)

Fer cryin' out loud: How MANY TIMES do I have to say that? Will you finally, maybe, just read it, now that you penned it yourself? We are not IN THE LAND, either. Still in exile. For cause!
So - here it is. AGAIN.

Wrong, wrong, WRONG!

We follow His Instruction. EVERY BIT that we, as fallible humans, male or female -- not kings, not kohenim, not in the land -- CAN, as best we can. Period. It's really just "not too hard," EXACTLY as He said. Because He did not change so much as "one yod or tiddle" of what He Wrote, gave to us, and TAUGHT IN THE FLESH, for our BLESSING.

Because we love Him. (And, as Paul said, it's even our "rightful service.")
Mark is right that he doesn't need to answer any of us.

I do note that he won't answer the simple question about how a person is saved.

Is a person saved by the Son of God, and that salvation results in obedience, or is a person saved by the Son of God and obedience?

The former excludes the boasting of man, and the second allows men to boast. The carnal man loves to boast. The man who has been born again loves to boast about the Son of God.

Is a person saved by the Son of God, and that salvation results in obedience,
If salvation results in obedience, then there are obviously a lot of unsaved people sitting in the pews on Sunday mornings.

If salvation results in obedience, then there are obviously a lot of unsaved people sitting in the pews on Sunday mornings.
Agreed!!! Many and perhaps most

I'll add that a lot (perhaps most) of the preachers preaching to them are also unsaved.

"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:13-14 NKJV)

Agreed!!! Many and perhaps most

I'll add that a lot (perhaps most) of the preachers preaching to them are also unsaved.

"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:13-14 NKJV)
When I say "many, perhaps most" I'm talking about the "conservative Evangelical" churches. I think "almost all" would be more appropriate with the liberal mainline churches.

The Gate is narrow, and the Way is difficult.

You will still suffer health consequences, like it or not, if you eat stuff He says is not food.

No, you won't "go to hell" for eating pig. But you just may go - wherever - a bit sooner.
1 Corinthians 6:12
All things are permitted for me, but not all things are of benefit.

-- Eating pig is lawful, but may not be very good for you.

Last edited:
If the man 'repented' but still is a homosexual - obviously he didn't truly repent. Salvation isn't a sinner's prayer, and accepting Jesus in your heart. That's the watered down gospel. Because the people are not hearing the word of God. How can someone truly repent if they haven't heard the word of God first, and chosen to turn their life around? Repent = regret past sins/life choices and choose God's way instead. If the homosexual is still a homosexual - he's in serious danger of entering the lake of fire, because he hasn't repented.

Jesus says - many are called - few are chosen. Not all will accept the word of God. The homosexual is an example. If the homosexual accepted the word of God -- he wouldn't continue sinning and acting in rebellion.

Matthew 21:31
Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. 32 For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.

Are the prostitutes entering the kingdom of heaven, because they only had faith? No - because they "repented" and "believed." Therefore, they regretted their past life, and chose God's way instead.

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
This is a completely separate topic - but catholic baptisms of little children is totally contradictory to scripture. How can an infant or small child even understand the word of God? Or have sin? Jesus on little children:

Matthew 18:3
3 Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Last edited:
Eating pig is lawful, but may not be very good for you.
Half right. As explained ad nauseum, "lawful" is an asinine way to put it. Eating something which is not food is contrary to His instruction, because we aren't designed to eat it. It's 'not of benefit,' or worse.

Is putting sugar in your car's gas tank "lawful"? Or just stupid?

Half right. As explained ad nauseum, "lawful" is an asinine way to put it. Eating something which is not food is contrary to His instruction, because we aren't designed to eat it. It's 'not of benefit,' or worse.

Is putting sugar in your car's gas tank "lawful"? Or just stupid?
Jesus used a parable about a bridegroom getting married to 5 virgins. And we use that to show God supports it.

God also showed Peter a dream about un-clean foods, and instructed him to eat it:

Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

Of course - the meaning of the dream was to spread the gospel to gentiles too. But it all adds up:
1. Peter's Dream
2. Christ saying it's not what goes into your mouth that defiles you. But what comes from your heart.
3. Paul through the Holy Spirit saying don't let anyone judge you for anything you eat.

God has accepted the gentiles - even though some may eat pork. That's why we should pray over our foods -- not just pork -- but satan's minions are allowing all kinds of toxic chemicals into our food supply. High Fructose Syrup, for example, helps cause obesities and cancer. So we should always pray over our food.

Jesus used a parable about a bridegroom getting married to 5 virgins. And we use that to show God supports it.
Wrong!

We use His Word, what He actually Wrote, to PROVE that what He said, He means.

The fact that He is CONSISTENT "supports it."

To take a dream where the dreamer himself TELLS you what it means, and claim it "supports" something directly contrary to His Word is just disingenuous, to be as kind as possible.

High Fructose Syrup, for example, helps cause obesities and cancer. So we should always pray over our food.
Just maybe, if it's not food, we shouldn't eat it. Is eating poison "lawful"? Or just "not of benefit"?

I do note that he won't answer the simple question about how a person is saved.
"You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss..."

Because until we agree on BY WHOM we are saved, it's irrelevant.

Are those lumps in the pews "not saved" because they don't have faith in "another jesus," or because they aren't obedient to "another jesus"?

Maybe THAT's why He said, "few there be that find" the Way. He 'never knew them.'

Are those lumps in the pews "not saved" because they don't have faith in "another jesus," or because they aren't obedient to "another jesus"?

Maybe THAT's why He said, "few there be that find" the Way. He 'never knew them.'
The sheep hear the voice of the Good Shepherd and they follow Him. The goats do not, because they are not His sheep. All that the Father gives Him will.come to Him, and He will lose none of them. No one can or will come to Him unless the Father calls them. No one can enter the Kingdom except he be born again, born of water and the Spirit. The Spirit blows where He will. Salvation is of God.

You seem to have some bizarre idea that we are saved by obedience to the Torah rather than the Son of God Himself, (saved for obedience to God) and also a strange obsession with calling the Son of God ישוע (Yashua) instead of Ἰησοῦς (Jesus).
There is One begotten Son of God. In Hebrew He is called ישוע, in Greek Ἰησοῦς, and in English Jesus, Joshua, Yeshua, or Yashua.

Is this Man your only Hope in life and in death?

The best way to explain why there are changes in dietary law, circumcision, and other such things is found in Romans 7:2

Released From the Law, Bound to Christ​

7 Do you not know, brothers and sisters—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law has authority over someone only as long as that person lives? 2 For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law that binds her to him. 3 So then, if she has sexual relations with another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress if she marries another man.

4 So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. 5 For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. 6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

—————————-
Living by the Spirit in the new covenant isn’t exactly a stroll in the park. You must forgive those that ask for forgiveness - just like Jesus forgave us by the washing with his precious blood. We can not deny that Jesus is God in public. We are not to love this world. We are forbidden to sleep with prostitutes (non virgins sleeping around):

18 Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. 19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God?

Once again - the old covenant is still there. The law is still there. There are Jews still waiting for their messiah to show up after 2000+ years of waiting - and they are keeping the Torah. But in Christ we are not bound by the law. Therefore, if I have some pork I know Im not condemned nor am I dis obedient to Christ. Pork may not be very healthy - but flesh in general counts for nothing. Spirit gives life:

John 6:63

The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.

You seem to have some bizarre idea that we are saved by obedience to the Torah rather than the Son of God Himself...
Why do I bother to answer, when you don't read the response?

Answer: In the hope there are others here with "eyes to see" who will.

"But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?" (John 5:47)

The best way to explain why there are changes in dietary law, circumcision, and other such things is found in Romans 7:2...
"The best way to explain why there are changes in His INSTRUCTION that He said He would NOT change..." is to twist THIS verse, or that...and ignore what He actually said.

"He that saith, 'I know Him' and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."
- I John 2:4

The best way to explain why there are changes in dietary law, circumcision, and other such things is found in Romans 7:2

Released From the Law, Bound to Christ​

7 Do you not know, brothers and sisters—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law has authority over someone only as long as that person lives? 2 For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law that binds her to him. 3 So then, if she has sexual relations with another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress if she marries another man.

4 So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. 5 For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. 6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

—————————-
Living by the Spirit in the new covenant isn’t exactly a stroll in the park. You must forgive those that ask for forgiveness - just like Jesus forgave us by the washing with his precious blood. We can not deny that Jesus is God in public. We are not to love this world. We are forbidden to sleep with prostitutes (non virgins sleeping around):

18 Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. 19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God?

Once again - the old covenant is still there. The law is still there. There are Jews still waiting for their messiah to show up after 2000+ years of waiting - and they are keeping the Torah. But in Christ we are not bound by the law. Therefore, if I have some pork I know Im not condemned nor am I dis obedient to Christ. Pork may not be very healthy - but flesh in general counts for nothing. Spirit gives life:

John 6:63

The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.
You are right. The Law is good, and it has not been done away with. Christ has fulfilled it. We died to the Law through the body of Christ. We now belong to Christ Himself and live by the Spirit. The Law being good and from God still instructs us in righteousness, but we belong to Christ rather than the Law. Romans 7 explains this.

Why do I bother to answer, when you don't read the response?

Answer: In the hope there are others here with "eyes to see" who will.

"But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?" (John 5:47)

"The best way to explain why there are changes in His INSTRUCTION that He said He would NOT change..." is to twist THIS verse, or that...and ignore what He actually said.

"He that saith, 'I know Him' and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."
- I John 2:4
"For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks." (Luke 6:42-45)

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. (Galatians 5:11-23)"

MarkC, I've only interacted with you online, but I've never seen any of that fruit in you. All I've ever seen is pretty much the opposite .

I contrast that with some other TK guys like RevoltingMan who seem to hope in Christ for salvation, and also believe it is good and proper for us to keep the dietary laws, feasts,. Sabbath, etc. He can be a hothead (as I know I can too), and we have some heated disagreements, but he seems to have a genuine love for the saints. I think I see some of that fruit of the Spirit in him.

Released From the Law, Bound to Christ

That Banner pseudo-paraphrase from some 'bible translation' is NOT "scripture" - it's just some man re-writing it for Him according to his own traditions. We should know what Yahushua (yeah, as opposed to "another jesus whom we have NOT preached") said about that.

...We died to the Law [sic] through the body of Christ. We now belong to Christ Himself and live by the Spirit.

So: "Why do you call Me, 'Lord, Lord,' and NOT DO the things I say?" (Luke 6:46)

As for this:
MarkC, I've only interacted with you online, but I've never seen any of that fruit in you...
I've been doing national radio shows and teaching Scripture, as Written, for over 20 years. There are probably over 2500 hours of audio 'fruit' on-line NOW, and I am pretty sure that you haven't even listened to one of 'em.

I've already written, just TODAY alone, that it's pretty obvious you haven't even read for comprehension, much less responded to substance, to what has even been posted here, in one thread, FROM SCRIPTURE in the last day. Blind fruit 'inspectors' don't impress me.

Especially if they don't even seem to be able to know the correct Messiah from His own Word. And THAT is the real bottom line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back