• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Mennonites in upstate NY

On the original topic, I just discovered that his fiancee wrote about this trip too:

She also writes about things like modesty: https://thesocialporcupine.substack.com/p/earbuds-blue-jeans-and-the-homogenized
and kinda disses 'trad' women on twitter: https://thesocialporcupine.substack.com/p/the-trad-feminist
She is good.

Best story is her avoidance of men and still she gets married because Lord melts her heart.

I feel compelled to write this.

This is best sentence ever here:
Florida citrus tastes better than California citrus, and the Pacific Ocean is too cold, even in Southern California.

Americans have beaten Europoor is number of climate zones, sunshine, winter temperatures, tech, army, finance, wealth, research, craziness (wokersters) ans even in irrevelant categories such as most funny president ever (Biden).

My only consolation is that Europe is better in semiconductor research till I remember it's US making all money in industry. Man, 😔.

And what is problem with California weather? I can't be in ocean on New Year's Eve. Wait, there are parts of US with neverending swimming season? 🙄

It's bloody ridiculous.
What's ridiculous is how you're going on and on about how you think Americans are weak. Why? It's not about whether you're right or wrong. It's just really strange that you're so passionate about putting down Americans.

What's ridiculous is how you're going on and on about how you think Americans are weak. Why? It's not about whether you're right or wrong. It's just really strange that you're so passionate about putting down Americans.
Judging by some of the responses, I think he may have a point, we can be a bit spoiled ;)

Last edited:
I want to apologize if I have offend someone.

I have found whole thread hilarious. I died laughting writing my previous post. I do sometimes have strange sense of humor.

I don't get how I have called here Americans weak? How did you get that? It's possible I'm here the most straight and direct person here. There are dozens of my posts here starting with qoute text and first sentence being: "You are wrong".

Why would I be afraid of calling somebody here weak if I write direct in face? It doesn't make sense.

It's ok @MemeFan, I'm not surprised if I missed your humour. You write somewhat strangely, given English is a second language for you, and I sometimes struggle to understand what you are saying - it's even easier to misunderstand the tone in which you state it. Sorry.

I want to apologize if I have offend someone.

I have found whole thread hilarious. I died laughting writing my previous post. I do sometimes have strange sense of humor.

I don't get how I have called here Americans weak? How did you get that? It's possible I'm here the most straight and direct person here. There are dozens of my posts here starting with qoute text and first sentence being: "You are wrong".

Why would I be afraid of calling somebody here weak if I write direct in face? It doesn't make sense.
Don't worry, some of us can still take a joke, even as weak Americans ;)

You walk out the door...any door...and you can see where God lives. ;)

I do love the Pacific Northwest, and may be trying to spend the summers out there if my daughter is there. Funny though, I always picture God at sea-level. I lived at 6100ft in the high cold desert of southern Utah for 2.5 years, it was pretty up in the surrounding 11,000ft mountains with some creeks, but just not enough water.

This creation pic is 'where God lives' for me. God and the 'living water'. (We live at 80ft elevation now, and the lake is just behind the house.)
Day_5_Creation_1800x1800.jpg

Pacific Northwest is a bit further west (at least 600 miles) typically Idaho Washington and Oregon but we will gladly annex the Cauldrons east of the Cascades in our Utopia

A Sapling, Plain and Vigorous - by A.M. Hickman (substack.com)

Not marriage related, but a group of people (my anabaptist cousins) moving to form community, where the land is cheap, always draws my interest. Too bad it's too cold for me up there. Tennessee still on my mind...
Way ahead my Brother. There’s still a lot of good deals here in Tennessee on land he just need to stay away from Nashville. The middle south end west south is excellent and relatively inexpensive compared to the rest of the country and very little snow. We bought some land a year ago and plan on buying more. The people are fantastic and very biblically based.

Back