• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Men's outdoor retreat/adventure planning

Okay... 12 hour drive! If @Zec is in, we can share driving and make it happen. Conditionally, count us in.

I'm up for a river trip

That sounds like a great trip. I probably couldn't make it. I already have a couple of commitments I can't get out of in June and a trip that far wouldn't fit in for me.

K... we aren't out, but need to figure options...

Take it back Kevin! :mad:

#biggerbettermountains
Can't it's where my heart is. I'm not saying the Rockies aren't beautiful or rugged. There just not much difference from the southern Rockies to the northern Rockies. The peaks are fun to play on and a good lesson about knowing your limitations but there's no place better to learn about survival than the hollers of the Appalachians and Ozarks.

EDIT: I've lived in all three, but I guess there's something about returning to your roots that draws me back.

Last edited:
That sounds like a great trip. I probably couldn't make it. I already have a couple of commitments I can't get out of in June and a trip that far wouldn't fit in for me.
Is that something a couple of brothers pitching in on a plane ticket or two would cure? The potential awesomeness of this event is escalating rapidly....

Second

Unless there's opposition that motion carries! :cool:

Is that something a couple of brothers pitching in on a plane ticket or two would cure? The potential awesomeness of this event is escalating rapidly....

It's more about getting the time off of work. My brother's wedding is that month too and I'm not going to be able to swing multiple long weekends.

Was a final date set? I have a request to be somewhere the weekend of June 22-23 and need to be able to say yeah/nay....

Thanks!

BUMP!

That's the weekend I can't make, so I hope that's a yea for your request and a definite nay for the BF event!

I second AP's request for a date certain. Can we go ahead and pencil in June 7-10 per @nathan's suggestion above?

Further, can we go ahead and consider the Buffalo as having set the bar? At some point we need to nail the location down also….

Agreed, let's say Buffalo River @ June 7-10, and consider it a 'near done' deal, pending any possible logistics planning issues, only.

Hear, hear!!! Buffalo River, June 7-10! We are in!

Back