• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Missing Christmas

I'm not sure where this discussion might be going so, I'll chip in here with a reminder from Scripture concerning salvation from sin.

Writing to those who were already saved from sin, we read in Ephesians 2:8-10, For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
If you are saved from the eternal penalty for your sin, it is solely upon the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ. That saving faith will be an active faith resulting in a new life walk - a walk in good works which God prepared.

That saving faith is grounded in the truth of the gospel; the good news. We read in 1 Corinthians 15:1-11, Now I make known to you, brothers, the gospel which I proclaimed as good news to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I proclaimed to you as good news, unless you believed for nothing. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep. After that, He appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. For I am the least of the apostles, and not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.
The gospel by which a sinner might believe and be saved includes these essential elements; that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared... . The gospel is the truth of a literal and physical death, burial, and resurrection of the One who is the Christ, the Messiah. This was all according to the Scriptures and people saw Him after His resurrection. We ought to stand united in this gospel as it is the way of salvation for all sinners; there is no other way. Shalom
Faith without Works is Dead & It is not the hearers of The Laws of G-d but the doers of The Laws who are Righteous before The L-rd.

And on that Day you will Call me L-rd and I will Reply I Never Knew you because your have Broken My Father's Laws!

He Will kill the lawless one with His Coming!

Be not Deceived For Nothing from The Laws or Prophets will be done away till Heaven & Earth has Passed!

Wide is The Gate to Destruction and Narrow The Path to Salvation.

Back to OP.

Turn not back on that evil Day or you will turn to a pillar of salt. Genesis 19: 1–38.

Back to OP.

Turn not back on that evil Day or you will turn to a pillar of salt. Genesis 19: 1–38.
:rolleyes: well I'm not a pillar of salt yet.
We found a balance in what we're doing. I posted this a year ago, before last Christmas. I'm comfortable with how much we do/don't do. I also follow my husband, and he sets the rules for our family in how we celebrate any of the feasts or traditional events.

Does anyone else miss Christmas?

I desperately miss it. It's much worse this year, which I'm assuming is because things are so out of whack right now that my subconscious is trying to grasp hold of some normality and joy from my childhood.
I have always struggled with missing it somewhat though.
I miss the lights, the decorations, the tree. I miss decorating the tree with the kids and watching them do an awful job and praising them for it. Then them asking if they can eat all the candy canes right now because they did such a good job.
I miss seeing their faces on Christmas morning, the anticipation finally coming to fruition as they see all the presents under the tree, with the lights shining on them.
I miss the carols, even the secular ones.
I miss the feel of it, the atmosphere, going around shops and seeing Christmas stuff out and buying a new decoration each year.
I miss the joy of it, the excitement, the love and happiness, the smiles on people's faces.

And at the same time I hate that it's something that we celebrated, because I know it's not biblical, I know there are deeply troubling aspects to it, and I see the problems.
We're not going to do it, (except for the bare minimum with Samuel's family which we do every year, but it's not very Christmasy, which is a good thing), and I don't wish we were going to, I would be deeply upset if we did.

But I miss it.
Christmas was always my favorite holiday growing up. So yes, I do miss it.

This will be the second year my husband and I have chosen to not observe the secular holidays anymore. Since we don't live close to relatives it makes it easier to not have to deal with a lot of pressure from them to participate.

Christmas always had a religious overtone in my family. With our faith we always celebrated it as Jesus birthday. Attending Mass came before opening presents. Ornaments were something that we received every year as well as inheriting many homemade ones from relatives.
Advent, the 4 weeks leading up to Christmas were spent trying to focus our hearts on preparing for the arrival of baby Jesus. I loved Christmas carols and songs and always loved when they started being played everywhere after Thanksgiving.

I still appreciate the spirit of how I used to prepare and celebrate. It was a happy time of anticipation. I do believe there are a number of religious Christmas carols that contain important truths and messages. Maybe at some point we will incorporate some commeration of the birth of Yeshua into our yearly calendar, possibly around Sukkot. I at least want to make sure that the biblical feasts and how we celebrate them will inspire that level of joy, anticipation, and deepening love for Yeshua for our children.

:rolleyes: well I'm not a pillar of salt yet.
We found a balance in what we're doing. I posted this a year ago, before last Christmas. I'm comfortable with how much we do/don't do. I also follow my husband, and he sets the rules for our family in how we celebrate any of the feasts or traditional events.
You have picked your flavor of Religious Beliefs that makes you content as so many in Churches Worldwide as it pleases your ears.

G-ds Name is in many of Jewish names but is not seen as writening G-ds name.
Joshua/Yahshua is a very command Jewish name like The Book of Joshua/Yahshua that means (G-d Who Saves)
We don't write His Name because it can be deleted or damaged so we write Hashem or G-d.
I understand why you don't write His Name. But why substitute the Name with "G-d" and not "God"? You didn't actually answer @Bartato's question. Why substitute the o with a - in an English word that is not actually His Name?

In another thread, you reject the name "Jesus" as not even referring to Yeshua - so you have a very low view of English words referring to the Son.

But in this thread, you have so much reverence for the word "God" - which has a pagan Germanic origin, and is used in English bibles simply as a translation of Elohim, not of the Name - that you won't even write it down.

Why do you approach the pagan word "God" with deeply holy reverence, but approach the name "Jesus" with disdain? Is there any logical principle behind your use of common English words?

Faith without Works is Dead
Yes, that's why I quoted Eph. 2:10; For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. Saving faith will be a living faith producing good works, but good works can't save a sinner from eternal condemnation.

Back to the original topic.

Yes, that's why I quoted Eph. 2:10; For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. Saving faith will be a living faith producing good works, but good works can't save a sinner from eternal condemnation.

Back to the original topic.
Works = Proof of your Salvation
But Works means nothing with G-d and His Savior

Oh hush.

She said she follows her husband’s leadership. If you have a problem with it, send him a pm.
G-d will not give passes for people who disobey His Laws, this is why it is wise to Pick your Spouses wisely.
Worshipping false idols is still a sin.

Also please show some respect if you want me to reply in the future.

G-d will not give passes for people who disobey His Laws, this is why it is wise to Pick your Spouses wisely.
Worshipping false idols is still a sin.

Also please show some respect if you want me to reply in the future.
Show some respectfulness and honor and I’ll render that respect and honor to you. Show contentions and dishonor and you only illustrate your own character.

I give honor to those it is due.

I have no problem discussing matters with people I disagree with. But to those who do nothing but act self righteous and judge the servants of another, I have little tolerance and honor to give.

Show some respectfulness and honor and I’ll render that respect and honor to you. Show contentions and dishonor and you only illustrate your own character.

I give honor to those it is due.

I have no problem discussing matters with people I disagree with. But to those who do nothing but act self righteous and judge the servants of another, I have little tolerance and honor to give.
I Speak Truth and I am Respectful but you have not been to me.

What about the sin of disobeying my husband?
It very clearly seems as you would do it anyways and if it was an issue I would hope your husband would at least hear you out.
I know every husband is King over his house and everyone who lives inside of it, but if your husband Loves G-d would hope He would do what was right. Chanukkah is a celebration of the light of G-d and His Son is The Light of G-d to The World so you do not need christmas as Chanukkah is enuff.

It most certainly would be.

So please explain why you treat the pagan word "God" with so much reverence.
I was replying to the other post real quick and will have a longer reply to the other post.

I Speak Truth and I am Respectful but you have not been to me.
You have not been respectful. You've been unnecessarily judgmental and haven't actually comprehended what you've been told. She clearly said that post was from a year ago, that issue was resolved according to the judgement of her husband. You continue to condemn and judge another's servant. This is not respectful, nor in accordance with what YHWH requires.

Romans 14:4-10 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. 10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Galatians 6:1-4 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. 4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

James 4:11-12 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Matthew 7:3-5 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

I understand why you don't write His Name. But why substitute the Name with "G-d" and not "God"? You didn't actually answer @Bartato's question. Why substitute the o with a - in an English word that is not actually His Name?

In another thread, you reject the name "Jesus" as not even referring to Yeshua - so you have a very low view of English words referring to the Son.

But in this thread, you have so much reverence for the word "God" - which has a pagan Germanic origin, and is used in English bibles simply as a translation of Elohim, not of the Name - that you won't even write it down.

Why do you approach the pagan word "God" with deeply holy reverence, but approach the name "Jesus" with disdain? Is there any logical principle behind your use of common English words?

Well two things one we don't know the spelling of YHWH and only The Priest knew it as Hebrew lacks vowels and we are forbidden to write His Name as it might be deleted or damaged expect on possibily a Temple or Bible.

The Hebrew alphabet has no vowel letters. The letters only mark consonants, which means that when you look at a word you would have no idea how it is pronounced. Such alphabets are known as "abjads"

We use Hashem,G-d and sometimes YHWH this is to keep from using His Name. Now Yahshua like most Jewish names have His Name in them as to my son Eli Nathanael

Eli can be a masculine given name of Hebrew origin, from Biblical עֵלִי "ascent", spelled with the Hebrew letter ayin in the beginning, the name of Eli, the high priest in the Books of Samuel. (my G-d)

Nathanael is a biblical given name derived from the Hebrew נְתַנְאֵל (Netan'el), which means "G-d/El has given" or "Gift of G-d/El." Nathaniel is the variant form of this name and it stands to this day as the usual and most common spelling for a masculine given name.

Now you might ask why I can spell my sons name? Its because its a name given to him. My Sons name is (Of G-d, Gift of G-d.) and not G-d.

Why do so many Jews use G-d? It is simply a way to keep from sinning.
Also it a habit being Jewish I write it often and sometime I write Hashem.
We can't write any name of G-d on something that might be deleted, but some say that on internet nothing really goes away. But its out of habit.

You have not been respectful. You've been unnecessarily judgmental and haven't actually comprehended what you've been told. She clearly said that post was from a year ago, that issue was resolved according to the judgement of her husband. You continue to condemn and judge another's servant. This is not respectful, nor in accordance with what YHWH requires.

Romans 14:4-10 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. 10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Galatians 6:1-4 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. 4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

James 4:11-12 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Matthew 7:3-5 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
This is your lack of comprehension because I was not condemning and judging anyone, I was clearly saying that it was a sin and that is the job of Everyone in The Faith so help each other see if they are sinning and that message was to everyone who was or had done it.

"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment" (John 7:24). This is reminiscent of Leviticus 19:15. "You shall do no injustice in judgment. You shall not be partial to the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty.

And that is what I was explaining no matter how much you wish you would return to the old sinful ways we can't or we will die the second death.

How did John Speak to King Herod? Even still he did it out of Love and this is how I am speaking to anyone who is looking back at the ways of the wicked. We who Believe in Him must be willing to Speak Truth even upon Death.

This is why it is so Important for us to 1. Take G-d serious and 2. Hold each other to a Higher Standard.
Sin can not be justified because of we all Sin, there is no Law that is to Hard to Follow and if we work together Everything is Possible.
Maybe people would not miss christmas if we Learn and celebrated all of G-d's Holy Days as He tells us in His Laws.

Last edited:
Back