• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Need to learn

Test the spirits, brother.
Test the spirits.

Test the spirits, brother.
Test the spirits.
Testing the spirits, is contextually about discerning what is true, and is not relevant to reaching out to those who are themselves deceived (I John 4:1). That is the message we have for anyone who has embraced the teachings of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young.

Here is a list of the different sects of Mormonism:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_denominations_in_the_Latter_Day_Saint_movement

It lists 18 sects that accept polygamy, some of which are now defunct, and most of the ones that are still active, are offshoots of FLDS or AUB.
Perhaps I should revise the following remark:
None of these organizations are known to have any offshoots outside of North America.
The only organization I know of outside of the US, is in the UK and has apparently been dissolved.

Apostolic United Brethren

I would never judge how you feel to spend your time and ministry, but I do have a problem with encouraging known troublemakers to come here and become the focus and waste the few resources that we are able to offer truth seekers.
Just because people accept poly doesn’t make them reasonable bedfellows. This is called Biblical Families for a reason.

Thanks @steve for admitting that this is a place for those who submit to the social norm and those who deviate from it are not welcome.

Thanks @steve for admitting that this is a place for those who submit to the social norm and those who deviate from it are not welcome.
This has to be one of the more ridiculous posts I’ve seen here. Really? This is a pro polygynous site. There’s no one here that isn’t bucking social norms @Cap. And I’d say that you’re the poster child for Bib Families tolerance of rebel rousers.

Ya gotta be friendly to find friends.

This has to be one of the more ridiculous posts I’ve seen here. Really? This is a pro polygynous site. There’s no one here that isn’t bucking social norms @Cap. And I’d say that you’re the poster child for Bib Families tolerance of rebel rousers.

Ya gotta be friendly to find friends.

I'll add it to the other ridiculous posts I make. And I don't know any group more pro poly than fundy Mormons, who are for the most part shunned here. But other old belief ways are accepted here, I can't figure that one out.

"Ya gotta be friendly to find friends."

Dude, really. What came first, the chicken or the egg.

The chicken.

If the Fundy’s are shunned here, its no doubt because of other issues than poly. I personally have no problem with that stance. Bib Families is not about unlimited inclusion. We also shun polyamorous family structures and beliefs as well as monogamy only family beliefs.

This is about Biblical Families, not Poly families.

I would suggest "shunning" is a strong word. There is a fear factor that we have to overcome, but I do trust the Administrators here to reign things in if they get out of hand.

From my perspective, it’s not a phobia so much as a natural outcome of the ‘birds of a feather’ dynamic.
The funny thing is, we always assume that people from certain denominations walk lock step with the leaders of their denomination, yet we ourselves don't walk lock step with whatever denomination that we hail from.

Are they? Can you give an example?

I believe disagreeing with what they teach and shunning are two different things.

To my knowledge Mormons are welcome here, although if they post Mormon doctrine they will get an argument.

Instead of me wasting my time in searching for the multitude of comments made that pretty much make the case that Mormons are basically minions of the devil. Lets go forward and try and figure out how to invite them to be a part of the purpose of this forum, plural marriage. I think I recall you being a part of Mormon groups on facebook, maybe you could invite them to come over. I actually don't recall any Mormon coming here, much less preaching their doctrine. I think it is a shame that we don't partner with them in the idea of promotion of polygamy. Let them know we are are here to help, we want the same family structure. I mean really, Torah people are given a space, why not Mormons? At least they don't believe in the future animal sacrifices to negate the salvation work of Christ.

@Cap, we've had Mormons here plenty of times before. I can't think of any active at present, but that's irrelevant. You're just making up crap in order to start arguments.

The funny thing is, we always assume that people from certain denominations walk lock step with the leaders of their denomination, yet we ourselves don't walk lock step with whatever denomination that we hail from.
I think what everyone is talking around is that for a non-Mormon to pursue a Mormon as a wife is a mistake while fellowshipping with Mormons otherwise is fine IF you’re not going to fall for the whole golden tablet schtick.

Back