• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Need to learn

Burden of proof is on you. You have asserted that Mormons are made unwelcome here. Your assertion, your obligation to back it up. If there's no proof, you're making up crap.

Ok so we both don't want to be bothered to look it up, but that was only one statement in my post, the rest was trying to go forward. How about we do that? Is that crap?

I Lets go forward and try and figure out how to invite them to be a part of the purpose of this forum, plural marriage. I think I recall you being a part of Mormon groups on facebook, maybe you could invite them to come over. I actually don't recall any Mormon coming here, much less preaching their doctrine. I think it is a shame that we don't partner with them in the idea of promotion of polygamy. Let them know we are are here to help, we want the same family structure. I mean really, Torah people are given a space, why not Mormons? At least they don't believe in the future animal sacrifices to negate the salvation work of Christ.

Found two.

I had a fascinating online discussion with a UAB woman in one of the Christian Poly groups on FB. It turns out, she is in the UK, but their small assembly dissolved. Looks like a great place to meet potential Pro-poly Mormons, is these groups that I know many of you are already on. Of course I told her about Biblical Families, so hopefully she will join. I would ask that we pray for her ex-husband and his new wife, that she can get them to join as well.

Please be careful, there are many who would not be a positive addition.

and

The topic we were discussing, was reaching out to pro-poly LDS. I know Jesus wasn't afraid to reach out to Samritans who had bad reputations, so I can only do what I see the Master doing.

I would never judge how you feel to spend your time and ministry, but I do have a problem with encouraging known troublemakers to come here and become the focus and waste the few resources that we are able to offer truth seekers.
Just because people accept poly doesn’t make them reasonable bedfellows. This is called Biblical Families for a reason.

So a warning against someone who wouldnt be a positive addition, and someone having an issue with known trouble makers becomes proof that all Fundy’s aren’t welcome?

Sounds like a mountain out of a mole hill. Aka, starting crap!

We’ve already filled our allotment of a single, token known trouble maker . . . .

Seriously Cap, Mormon doctrine isn’t welcome here.
That’s all.

Biblical doctrine, even though people read the Bible differently in so many ways, is welcome here. But Mormon doctrine isn’t Biblical.

As others have said, this isn’t a come-one-come -all poly site.

1 Corinthians 11:16 (KJV)
But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
You seem to be contentious.

Steve knows who I am talking about. He apparently has interacted with her quite a bit, and has seen the frustration that those interactions have produced. Has anybody ever heard this song:

Here are the lyrics:

There's a fine line Between contentment and greed
Between the things that I want And the things that I need
Between "enough is enough" And where desires feed
It's a fine line

How do I live with so much Here with the spoil of the blessed
And not abandon this boat For the sea of excess
To aspire to great things Yet be filled with humbleness
It's a fine line--Oh yes, it's a fine line

Chorus
So where do I walk, Where is my place
The straight and the narrow The road of grace
Holdin' fast to You, Walkin' at Your pace
Walkin' on the fine line
Walkin' on the fine line
Walkin' on the fine line

Verse 2 is rather poignant for this discussion:
There's a fine line Between taking bread with a lost man
And being consumed by his way While reaching out in love
Temptation's right at your door Guard what you're thinkin' of
It's a fine line

When I hide my eyes From the darkest of our life's insanity
From the worst of the world's profanity
I've gotta be careful I don't miss anyone in need of me
It's a fine line--Oh yes, it's a fine line

Bridge:
And can I embrace the world's sorrow And not be carried away by life's rain
Know the power of the resurrection And still know the fellowship of His pain
Not talkin' 'bout walkin' fences Not talkin' 'bout compromise
But living and breathing as pleasing in His eyes

Here is another good one from good ole' Wayne:

FTR, I know about the Mark 16 manuscript stuff, but this is a good one nonetheless.

Lyrics:
The Plague--Generation's leprosy Unspeakable shame--Untouchable lives
Much in need of love But these days who's got much to give
Give in to the pressure Cross the street on the other side
When Jesus told the listening That those who follow Him
Could bear the strike of the serpent Could drink the poison in
Was His vision some spectacular scene Some exhibition-Some display
Or a reminder, as I live and breathe To reach out and not be afraid

Chorus:
I try to be a Godly man
I try to walk in the steps of Jesus
I disregard the Lord's command
When I walk through my journey
Untouched by human hands
Untouched by human hands

I despise your evil way--Have no part in such things
From such obvious violation I keep my hands clean
But inside this heart of mine oh, there dwells little good
Only the flow of calvary--Only the Lord and His blood
God bless the child and lest I forget
God save the dying ones who must live with regret
Out on the street--Out there where no one can see
Oh Lord, Stretch forth Your hand and reach them through me

I try to be a Godly man
I try to walk in the steps of Jesus
I disregard the Lord's command
When I walk through my journey
Untouched by human hands
Untouched by human hands

I think what everyone is talking around is that for a non-Mormon to pursue a Mormon as a wife is a mistake while fellowshipping with Mormons otherwise is fine IF you’re not going to fall for the whole golden tablet schtick.
The topic we were discussing had nothing to do with pursuing a Mormon as a wife, but rather reaching them (for Christ presumably) and working alongside them to persuade anti-polys. I can get behind reaching them for Christ. I don't know how having Mormons assist us in arguing pro-poly, will help our cause though, seeing as that is one of the biggest accusations we face ourselves, and we get better traction with anti-polys when we share with them that we are NOT Mormon. I get the impression it might be easier to win the women over to PM, seeing as that is not a foreign concept to them, but then again, you would probably have to convert to Mormonism in order to have a decent shot at marrying any of them.

As far as the golden plates are concerned, I would ask any Mormon, and in fact did ask this particular woman, to be at least as suspicious about the non-evidence that they present, as they are about the modern day transliterations. She grew up JW, so she was able to relate, when I told her what I thought about the NWT. What I told her though, is that we don't have to rely on translations, since we can go back to the original Greek and Hebrew ourselves, and we have those available at our fingertips, and that anybody can look it up online. Oh, and she does have a problem with Mormon doctrine, where they teach that we all chose who our parents would be. I told her that if that were true, I would have chosen Bill Gates. She got a good laugh out of that.

My pastor preached about the woman at the well on Sunday, and he talked about how Jesus built rapport with this woman who was rather antagonistic to Him. It's fun to engage people of other faiths, and build that rapport with them, and then get them to think about what might happen to them if they were to die in the next 14 days. Oh, and with this lady, her husband left her for another woman, that they had agreed would become her SW. When I shared with her what Scripture says about that, she suggested that she should have hit him over the head with a Bible. I told her that she should try to get HIM to join BF, and that WE would hit him over the head with a Bible. I'd be curious to know if there was a new lady on Ladies Chat night, who fits this description.

The topic we were discussing had nothing to do with pursuing a Mormon as a wife, but rather reaching them (for Christ presumably) and working alongside them to persuade anti-polys. I can get behind reaching them for Christ. I don't know how having Mormons assist us in arguing pro-poly, will help our cause though, seeing as that is one of the biggest accusations we face ourselves, and we get better traction with anti-polys when we share with them that we are NOT Mormon. I get the impression it might be easier to win the women over to PM, seeing as that is not a foreign concept to them, but then again, you would probably have to convert to Mormonism in order to have a decent shot at marrying any of them.

As far as the golden plates are concerned, I would ask any Mormon, and in fact did ask this particular woman, to be at least as suspicious about the non-evidence that they present, as they are about the modern day transliterations. She grew up JW, so she was able to relate, when I told her what I thought about the NWT. What I told her though, is that we don't have to rely on translations, since we can go back to the original Greek and Hebrew ourselves, and we have those available at our fingertips, and that anybody can look it up online. Oh, and she does have a problem with Mormon doctrine, where they teach that we all chose who our parents would be. I told her that if that were true, I would have chosen Bill Gates. She got a good laugh out of that.

My pastor preached about the woman at the well on Sunday, and he talked about how Jesus built rapport with this woman who was rather antagonistic to Him. It's fun to engage people of other faiths, and build that rapport with them, and then get them to think about what might happen to them if they were to die in the next 14 days. Oh, and with this lady, her husband left her for another woman, that they had agreed would become her SW. When I shared with her what Scripture says about that, she suggested that she should have hit him over the head with a Bible. I told her that she should try to get HIM to join BF, and that WE would hit him over the head with a Bible. I'd be curious to know if there was a new lady on Ladies Chat night, who fits this description.
I think some people were assuming that you were maybe considering this woman as wife material. I was unsure myself after reading your original post on it.

Definitely NOT! No, no no no NO! I wouldn't dream of it! The only way I would even consider it, was if she were already a believer, and her husband had died, and even then, I would think she would probably be better off as the wife of an older fellow, as I want to marry someone with some child bearing years still left, and even if THAT were not a consideration, I prefer someone who is not more than one or two years older than I am, as I personally am just NOT into cougars. I don't want to give out her age, but my only interest in her, is in helping her come to know the truth found in Scripture, and removing the veil of blindness her current religion holds over her, and if WE were able to point to a few people who we could show our anti-poly brothers and sisters in Christ, that came from Mormonism, atheism, Islam, or any other "ISM" out there, who came to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through this ministry, that would be an amazing feat that would be difficult for them to argue against. In addition, if we were the instruments through whom God was to restore a broken marriage, how cool would THAT be? "See this family over here! Their marriage was completely destroyed. Broken. Kaput. God restored this family over here, and we got to be a part of that." How can anyone argue with that?

Last edited:
So a warning against someone who wouldnt be a positive addition, and someone having an issue with known trouble makers becomes proof that all Fundy’s aren’t welcome?

Sounds like a mountain out of a mole hill. Aka, starting crap!

We’ve already filled our allotment of a single, token known trouble maker . . . .

I am sorry that you see me as a trouble maker. Not my intention, but I do respond to the things I witness and from what I have witnessed there has been an aversion to any Mormon discussion over the years. No one said that debating doctrinal issues, there's or others, was necessary to welcome them, just be friendly.

That’s all.

Biblical doctrine, even though people read the Bible differently in so many ways, is welcome here. But Mormon doctrine isn’t Biblical.

As others have said, this isn’t a come-one-come -all poly site.

I am sorry, but this is just not friendly, to me.

I mean seriously, we all know that what we have been taught about the Mormon religion does seem off, but yet the best way to reach them, or anyone to find out what they truly believe is fellowship. Even @Daniel DeLuca had to engage in some doctrinal issues to let this person know that he cares about them, whatever they believe.

In any event, the rest of what I had to say has been completely dismissed because the Hate Cap Train rolled into town as usual.

No biggie, I am very use to it.

A recent situation where a Mormon was welcomed into the community and forum and helped with the information they sought.
https://biblicalfamilies.org/forum/threads/spiritual-union-help.15286/

Interesting thing is when @Slumberfreeze asked if they were Mormon they disappeared. Not saying the question was wrong, I would have asked it too, but maybe they realized by the question they weren't welcome because they are use to people not liking them because of their belief. Speculation, yes, it's very easy to be misunderstood here. I should know.

maybe they realized by the question they weren't welcome because they are use to people not liking them because of their belief.
Maybe they assumed by the question they weren't welcome because they are used to people not liking them.
You make a good point that they disappeared then, but if they did because of that post their disappearance was not due to any hostility on our part, but rather due to their own assumptions based on interactions with people other than ourselves.

Maybe they assumed by the question they weren't welcome because they are used to people not liking them.
You make a good point that they disappeared then, but if they did because of that post their disappearance was not due to any hostility on our part, but rather due to their own assumptions based on interactions with people other than ourselves.

Not trying to imply that their disappearance was because of anything done here, just more of a recognition that they may already have a preconceived idea of how they are going to be treated and so, why bother. Knowing that is a possibility, maybe it is worth remembering the next time a Mormon wonders in.

Instead of me wasting my time in searching for the multitude of comments made that pretty much make the case that Mormons are basically minions of the devil.

It is the Mormon doctrine that is of the devil. Mormons are the victims of the lies. To my knowledge they are welcome to come here to learn the truth.

Lets go forward and try and figure out how to invite them to be a part of the purpose of this forum, plural marriage.

Forum is not "plural marriage". It is "Biblical Families". So obviously what you think is "Biblical" is kind of important.

I think I recall you being a part of Mormon groups on facebook, maybe you could invite them to come over.

No. Not part of any Mormon group. I am part of polygamy groups related to the TV shows, etc, and there are lots of Mormons (and non-Mormons) in them. I am friends with many Mormons. and read their blogs, etc. I have never been shy about mentioning Biblical Families to them.

I actually don't recall any Mormon coming here, much less preaching their doctrine.

Which makes me wonder where the whole BF is shunning Mormons rant came from?

I think it is a shame that we don't partner with them in the idea of promotion of polygamy.

One reason may be that we do not want people confusing us with them. To someone unfamiliar with Christian polygamy if you tell them you are a Christian polygamist their next question will be "Are you Mormon?"

Let them know we are are here to help, we want the same family structure. I mean really, Torah people are given a space, why not Mormons? At least they don't believe in the future animal sacrifices to negate the salvation work of Christ.

I think I have been as harsh with the gentile Torah folks as anyone here, but I have always tried not to be insulting to them or make them feel unwelcome, other than strongly disagreeing with their doctrinal positions. I see no reason why Mormons would be barred from the same consideration, and to my knowledge they have not been banned and are welcome to make their case like anyone else.

I for one would love to see some Mormon participation. The various fundie mormon sects have a lot of experience with poly and wisdom therein.

That’s all.

And if I was a Mormon I'd take that as Mormons not being welcome here. Just as if you had said "Baptist doctrine isn't welcome here" Baptists wouldn't feel welcome to discuss the Bible here as the rest of us do.

I for one would love to see some Mormon participation. The various fundie mormon sects have a lot of experience with poly and wisdom therein.

And if I was a Mormon I'd take that as Mormons not being welcome here. Just as if you had said "Baptist doctrine isn't welcome here" Baptists wouldn't feel welcome to discuss the Bible here as the rest of us do.
Homosexuals have a lot to offer the churches and many churches have embraced them without rejecting their doctrine.
Being all inclusive is the best way to become diluted and fail, just like the churches.

Homosexuals have a lot to offer the churches and many churches have embraced them without rejecting their doctrine.
Being all inclusive is the best way to become diluted and fail, just like the churches.

The so called church of today has failed. You are confusing them and how they handle the world as apposed to how true followers of Christ should respond and interact with them. Not in fear but in love.

Not trying to imply that their disappearance was because of anything done here, just more of a recognition that they may already have a preconceived idea of how they are going to be treated and so, why bother. Knowing that is a possibility, maybe it is worth remembering the next time a Mormon wonders in.
One possible explanation for the disappearance of Mormons who come to realize that this is not a Mormon group, is the very threat they get from their own religion. Though not as serious as a JW might face, there have been Mormon families broken up by the LDS church. Wives are often told that they will not be able to become a goddess, if their husband continues to question his faith. This particular Mormon I interacted with, did ask me if we accept people who are diverse, and I assured her that we do. I suppose I should come back with a caveat and made sure that she understands that while she is welcome here, Mormon doctrine is not. Interestingly enough, she expressed dismay about trying to find another husband (required to reach the third level), because of her plural gods belief, or as she put it, non-Trinitarian beliefs. I responded that this is one of the core beliefs that I hold, but I didn't press it. I am focusing more right now on her salvation. She seems pretty certain she will attain the second level of glory, but her belief that she will, is not based on any Scripture. She believes that she will get there, because she feels like the Holy Spirit tells her so. I am inclined to go back to that verse Steve referenced, namely I John 4:1, which as I posted here, is a verse that people who have embraced the lies of Mormonism, need to understand that not every spirit comes from God.

One possible explanation for the disappearance of Mormons who come to realize that this is not a Mormon group, is the very threat they get from their own religion. Though not as serious as a JW might face, there have been Mormon families broken up by the LDS church. Wives are often told that they will not be able to become a goddess, if their husband continues to question his faith. This particular Mormon I interacted with, did ask me if we accept people who are diverse, and I assured her that we do. I suppose I should come back with a caveat and made sure that she understands that while she is welcome here, Mormon doctrine is not. Interestingly enough, she expressed dismay about trying to find another husband (required to reach the third level), because of her plural gods belief, or as she put it, non-Trinitarian beliefs. I responded that this is one of the core beliefs that I hold, but I didn't press it. I am focusing more right now on her salvation. She seems pretty certain she will attain the second level of glory, but her belief that she will, is not based on any Scripture. She believes that she will get there, because she feels like the Holy Spirit tells her so. I am inclined to go back to that verse Steve referenced, namely I John 4:1, which as I posted here, is a verse that people who have embraced the lies of Mormonism, need to understand that not every spirit comes from God.
I appreciate the balance that you have expressed.

Back