• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Negative Repercussions from PM

Brilliant! I love this!
We could even go further since the book even has instructions for what not to do  when you double or triple the recipe.....and examples of many righteous men who did too!!

Our five year old joined me in the kitchen a few weeks ago and her opening statement was "A man can't take a woman and her daughter!" You can tell she's heard talking!! 😆

@NBTX11, I would encourage you to start telling your children about polygyny as soon as possible if you think you will be living it at some point. They will need time to discuss things with you and to let their brains catch up to this very strange idea their parent is telling them about. It takes time! Sometimes years to truly come to terms with how to react to a parent who has turned into something different than what they were raised with and counted on all their life.

Also, you will be fighting in the Spirit realm at the same time. This is a VERY spiritual matter. Satan does not want it to move forward in anyone, especially young minds who can be swayed by culture. Your daughters will probably have more issue with it due to the Patriarchy that is foundational to plural marriage. I believe you to be a Patriarch in your family but you will probably be surprised with how much culture is in your daughter's minds, being influenced in the Spirit realm. This will take lots of prayer closet time to fight.

I say all this to say, talk NOW, not when you have a new wife to attend to and a first wife who will need assurances during the adjustment time at the beginning.

How old are your children?
23, 24,and 30. I’ve always had a super close relationship with them. We all talk daily about everything. I planned on telling at least my son soon about polygyny. Fairly sure he’ll be receptive. He respects me and the Bible.

My wife and I are actually communicating with a woman and we’ll see where that goes.

Last edited:
23, 24,and 30. I’ve always had a super close relationship with them. We all talk daily about everything.
That’s great!
Were you able to maintain that closeness through their teenage years? If so, that is as awesome as it is unusual.
How do they feel about the idea of polygyny?

That’s great!
Were you able to maintain that closeness through their teenage years? If so, that is as awesome as it is unusual.
How do they feel about the idea of polygyny?
They don’t know about polygyny. They grew up in a traditional Baptist church that taught monogamy only. But every one of them holds the Bible in high regard. My son is essentially my best friend behind my wife. We’ve never had any issues even when he was a teenager.

@NBTX11, I would encourage you to start telling your children about polygyny as soon as possible if you think you will be living it at some point. They will need time to discuss things with you and to let their brains catch up to this very strange idea their parent is telling them about. It takes time! Sometimes years to truly come to terms with how to react to a parent who has turned into something different than what they were raised with and counted on all their life.

Also, you will be fighting in the Spirit realm at the same time. This is a VERY spiritual matter. Satan does not want it to move forward in anyone, especially young minds who can be swayed by culture. Your daughters will probably have more issue with it due to the Patriarchy that is foundational to plural marriage. I believe you to be a Patriarch in your family but you will probably be surprised with how much culture is in your daughter's minds, being influenced in the Spirit realm. This will take lots of prayer closet time to fight.

I say all this to say, talk NOW, not when you have a new wife to attend to and a first wife who will need assurances during the adjustment time at the beginning.
Thank you for the words of advice. I absolutely plan on discussing it with my children soon. The hardest part is the first step. I was going to wait until I got closer to marrying someone, however now I think it should be done sooner. My children already believe in patriarchy and we’ve discussed things like wife submission many times.

Now I just have to take the first step. The hardest part.

I’m a little surprised that your wife hasn’t brought it up with them. Usually they look for a sympathetic ear, and the offspring are the closest to ground zero.

I’m a little surprised that your wife hasn’t brought it up with them. Usually they look for a sympathetic ear, and the offspring are the closest to ground zero.
I feel like it should come from me first although they’re certainly welcome to talk to their mom about it.

Sometimes the first one to pour out “their truth” is the one who’s words go deepest.

How would you lose your freedom and career? Do employers care what goes on in your home?
Thankfully God vindicated me and has restored so much back to me abundantly…
But yes, pursuing a polygynous family life did play a huge role in the loss of my job at one time, as well as had me locked up for a weekend at one point. Among other devastating things.

Thank you for the words of advice. I absolutely plan on discussing it with my children soon. The hardest part is the first step. I was going to wait until I got closer to marrying someone, however now I think it should be done sooner. My children already believe in patriarchy and we’ve discussed things like wife submission many times.

If you have a time as family where you read the Bible (which every man should), you can just point it out as you read. Easy peasy to raise the issue.

It sounds like you have laid a good foundation for imparting this truth to your children. I will be praying that God will give you the peace, and determination, that you need to make this discussion happen.

If you have a time as family where you read the Bible (which every man should), you can just point it out as you read. Easy peasy to raise the issue.
None of my kids live with me anymore. 2 of them are active duty military and live a very long ways away from me. One lives near me and that's probably what I will do.

Details about the fallout from your decision to pursue PM.

I lost all of my friends and acquaintances from before and while I was never all that close with our relatives on the east coast I had no contact with them after I joined my family. My mother tolerated it before she died but she never accepted it.

You better believe it! It instantly got all the cards on the table.
That whole idea of how to bring it up can sure be daunting, whether talking to a potential wife or others. There are so many aspects and you don't want to leave someone assuming wrong things (like if the man expressed interest and she's assuming affair)
That's probably why it's easier to get a third....your beliefs are being lived and less explaining is needed. You probably don't have to even bring it up...because you are INFAMOUS already! Lol

Back