• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Pacific Northwest retreat (June 14-16, 2019)

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Will be within short distance of Portland, OR (maybe out in the Oregon or Washington countryside up to an hour away). Nearly as far as we can get from Tucson, in the West. (That's an inside joke, for forum regulars.)

I'm going to go live there for 2.5 months or so, to scout the land for this retreat. Just kidding about that part, but I am. Going to live in Portland for a bit. For a couple reasons. Including the Florida summer-time heat.

Should be an interesting retreat, as I know we have a number of folks in the Northwest who we've never met (last Oregon retreat was 2009, though we were in Idaho in 2013). We may need to find some of them again, if they are scarce in the forums.

Let's build up some momentum for this here. Use it as an excuse to vacation up here, if you are from elsewhere. It's absolutely beautiful - and even more so in June.

Last edited:
I’m literally crying right now guys. :rolleyes:
God is so good!
His timing is perfect, and He is perfect in all ways! My family and I love BF dearly.
This is long awaited for us... we are excited!
We are only 1.5hrs from Portland.
My Dove is already super excited to attend the gals Texas gig soon. This is icing on the cake lol!
Blessings upon BF staff I pray! :D

It may be the only date that was available, but just an FYI in case it was overlooked, that’s Father’s Day weekend.

Oh, hmm - I'd missed that. Well, your kids are welcome to be with you of course, and we will break up on Sunday, lunch time. But, I am open to considering a week earlier. Later would get us even closer to summer retreat, and some of us will be trying to make both, I don't want less separation. Julie will be joining me in June, but likely couldn't make any earlier than the 7-9th. So, l'll let you guys vote on it. Please vote if you think you are likely to at least try to attend: June 14th-16th, or June 7th-9th? Feel free to msg me directly if you prefer.

Last edited:
7th - 9th would probably work better for me to get the days off from work... I’m guessing Father’s Day weekend would be hard for me to get off.

A location for this retreat will be forthcoming shortly - we have a few candidates, but if you any of more familiar with the area have a recommendation for a nice hotel, under $95/night, with a meeting room that can hold 40-50 (at least, it seems), in an area that has decent food choices and maybe interesting things to do (afternoon hike, for instance) - please send an area or specific hotel recommendation. (Or retreat center/campground, but in June, not too hopeful.)

Send me a PM is best probably - so if we end up using it, location isn't on here public.

Back