• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Pacific Northwest retreat (June 14-16, 2019)

We are originally from Portland, we moved to MO in 03. We are planning trip next year to see family and friends.

OK, one more question for you NWers: if it's down to Tigard, OR, kinda industrial area, but restaurants around, decidedly 'average' hotel with meeting room, or going to Olympia, WA, for a much nicer place (and immediate area), about the same price - which would you choose?

No matter what it is 2000 miles for us LOL. It would be nice if there was one next year at the time we will back west to see family and friends. What about Seaside OR?? Or just the Oregon coast in general. Even if there is not a weekend retreat when we are there, maybe we could meet up with some families. We will be in the Portland and Seattle area for 2 or 3 weeks in mid May 2020. May you all have a blessed day.

Ok, Tigard it is! Information going out soon to all who requested it or posted here. Really looking forward to finally meeting all of you in person. Please pray for God's blessing on the retreat and that He will bring all who need to be there.

Any Chance of a Fall retreat in the East this year?

Wow. Not yet announced, but here it is: We had just decided in last 2 weeks, that we will give East coast folks another chance, Oct 18-20th, somewhere in southern VA, or maybe TN/NC mountains. I don't want folks to not come to the summer event, which should be bigger, so not advertising this yet, but I understand that some will not be able to go that far West. That date is locked in, location to be decided. Then next winter, somewhere in the south again. (I'll delete these msgs and start a new thread at some point, so this thread stays on Oregon.)

Will be within short distance of Portland, OR (maybe out in the Oregon or Washington countryside up to an hour away). Nearly as far as we can get from Tucson, in the West. (That's an inside joke, for forum regulars.)

I'm going to go live there for 2.5 months or so, to scout the land for this retreat. Just kidding about that part, but I am. Going to live in Portland for a bit. For a couple reasons. Including the Florida summer-time heat.

Should be an interesting retreat, as I know we have a number of folks in the Northwest who we've never met (last Oregon retreat was 2009, though we were in Idaho in 2013). We may need to find some of them again, if they are scarce in the forums.

Let's build up some momentum for this here. Use it as an excuse to vacation up here, if you are from elsewhere. It's absolutely beautiful - and even more so in June.
Woohoo this is so exciting. I live in klamath falls Oregon.... it’s about 6 hours away but YES!!!! I am wanting to go so bad

Wow. Not yet announced, but here it is: We had just decided in last 2 weeks, that we will give East coast folks another chance, Oct 18-20th, somewhere in southern VA, or maybe TN/NC mountains. I don't want folks to not come to the summer event, which should be bigger, so not advertising this yet, but I understand that some will not be able to go that far West. That date is locked in, location to be decided. Then next winter, somewhere in the south again. (I'll delete these msgs and start a new thread at some point, so this thread stays on Oregon.)
Will be out of country till 22nd. . Later or we'll have to wait til winter retreat.

Excited to see growth in numbers and opportunities to 'retreat.'

Back