• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Patrick from Ireland, looking for wise men to walk with

Welcome, brother :)

The really great irony is that 'St. Patrick,' of Irish snake wrangling fame was essentially a Hebrew, very possibly of original Israelite stock. He kept Shabbat, the Feasts of Yah and ate clean... only 150 years later did the Catholics co-opt his legacy for their purposes.
Interesting! I had never heard of this, though I knew he wasn't a Catholic of course. I read his Confessio once, I should read it again.

Hello Man@Home! We have a friend who is Dutch. Do you speak Dutch? I am learning a little Dutch (I like languages).
Hi Patrick welcome! I also love learning other languages. I have been trying to learn Irish. I want to teach my grandchildren the language of our ancestors. I am first generation born here in the US.
I am glad you found the forum and hope you will stick around.
Blessings and Shalom

I also love learning other languages. I have been trying to learn Irish. I want to teach my grandchildren the language of our ancestors.
Unfortunately fewer Irish speak Irish now, and far fewer can even understand the old Irish. Noah Webster said Irish was the closest language to its ancient form (of course he said that over a hundred years ago). Now they are saying Lithuanian is closest to its ancient form. I would also like to learn the old Irish.

Not uncommon. I watched a video once that documented how some local Mediterranean community renamed the local goddess Mary (i.e. mother of Jesus) and kept doing the exact same worship of her under the new name.

Unfortunately fewer Irish speak Irish now, and far fewer can even understand the old Irish. Noah Webster said Irish was the closest language to its ancient form (of course he said that over a hundred years ago). Now they are saying Lithuanian is closest to its ancient form. I would also like to learn the old Irish.
My grandparents refused to speak it although they knew how. What part of Ireland are you in? My family was originally from Callan in County Kilkenny and then moved to Belfast when they converted to Protestant. I still have aunts uncle's and cousins in Belfast

Not uncommon. I watched a video once that documented how some local Mediterranean community renamed the local goddess Mary (i.e. mother of Jesus) and kept doing the exact same worship of her under the new name.
Yes I have heard the same.... the church comprises for its converts. Smh! Sad this is how the truth became distorted and watered down. Now we have gay pastors, gay marriage and people so confused about what the truth is that it is easier to just not believe.

My grandparents refused to speak it although they knew how. What part of Ireland are you in? My family was originally from Callan in County Kilkenny and then moved to Belfast when they converted to Protestant. I still have aunts uncle's and cousins in Belfast
We are in county Cork near Cork city. I wonder why they refused to speak it? I know the schooling system has really drained it of life for their students with their teaching methods (like they do with all things except paganism). But there are communities where they speak Irish only.

We are in county Cork near Cork city. I wonder why they refused to speak it? I know the schooling system has really drained it of life for their students with their teaching methods (like they do with all things except paganism). But there are communities where they speak Irish only.

Globalization demands the homogenizing of all indigenous identity. Languages and cultural identities are systematically being subsumed to the machine. Babel(on) can't fully rise if individuality is allowed to peacefully exist...

Thank you @Ancient Paths for the article about the true faith of Patrick. Our son has been reading a book about the Christians of the early centuries called "The drama of the lost disciples" and it gives much evidence of the Hand of YHWH on the events and peoples of that region. Years ago I read a book that connected Olam Folla of Ireland with the prophet Jeremiah. It connected the prophesies and the people, and shed much light on why the British isles were so receptive to Christianity.

We just went to a concert performance of a group from Ireland. "High Time" was a dynamic trio that played traditional music on the Celtic harp, guitar, and flute/whistles. They sang in the native language as well. @Patricia C and @Patrick Lauser may want to look for concert dates on this group's tour.

Welcome @Patrick Lauser, as my wife has already said we lived in Ireland briefly and it is a wonderful country.

Also a great place to be when you recognise polygamy is acceptable. There are a lot of marriageable-aged single women in Ireland! :)

Regarding the language, Ireland is doing a much better job of preserving Gaelic than New Zealand does of preserving Maori. Both countries have a major push to preserve the indigenous language. But in New Zealand, the Maori language is all tied up with the Maori culture, religion and ethnicity, and so it is perceived as something for the Maori people only. While in Ireland, Gaelic is perceived as a national treasure, people don't really distinguish between their ethnicity, if they're in Ireland they consider it part of their heritage even if their ancestors moved recently across from elsewhere, and the Gaelic language immersion schools seem popular for the general population. While here, Maori-immersion schooling, although encouraged, is still seen as an ethnic thing.

Our son has been reading a book about the Christians of the early centuries called "The drama of the lost disciples" and it gives much evidence of the Hand of YHWH on the events and peoples of that region. Years ago I read a book that connected Olam Folla of Ireland with the prophet Jeremiah. It connected the prophesies and the people, and shed much light on why the British isles were so receptive to Christianity.
Any links to these books available by chance?

Hi from the Philippines. Great to read your story; thanks for posting. God saved me and one of my wives out of the Roman Catholic religion; my other wife was raised in a "Christian" home, so a big learning curve for each of us. Blessings and best wishes from us all here at BF.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Judahs_Sceptre_Josephs_Birthright(1).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Back