• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Patrick from Ireland, looking for wise men to walk with

Greetings and a hearty welcome to ya! My father's lineage on his mother's side is all Irish. It's on my bucket list to may visit Ireland some day. You've connected with a great group of God loving and fun loving people here. Hope you'll feel at home and make some life long friends.

Welcome Patrick from another person in the Texas contingent!

Happy St. Patrick's Day?

I remember reading about polygamy in the Bible and thinking what an anachronism it was. One of those wierd unexplainable things in the Bible. Until in dawned on me one day that the Bible was right and I was wrong. What a revelation!

Greetings and welcome to our little corner of the Internet.

Coddle is a stew, full of potatoes. Soda bread is bread made with soda instead of yeast, it's relatively dense and great with soups / stews, big advantage of it being you can make it quickly without needing to wait for it to rise. Haven't had soda bread for years @FollowingHim2 hint hint...
When I travelled from the US to the Middle East, I loved trying the different foods from around the world. Two favorites were Shwarmas from Saudi and Borsh from Ukraine. Common foods to them, but not me. Then there was fish from that little resaurant in New Castle on the Tine, England. :)

As you well know, this is the South. We'll fry anything.
Ah, but do you deep fry meat pies? If not, you just haven't lived...
My staple diet while a single university student involved quick meals of 2 potatoes chipped plus a meat pie (or a chicken thigh, or sausages, when I couldn't find a pie in the freezer) dropped in the deep fryer for 10 minutes. I put on so much weight but it was worth every bite...

You all need to come over here and eat some pies. Normally we just bake them so we can pretend they're healthy.

The most major food I missed when in Ireland was meat pies. All they have similar are little pork pies, which just aren't anything like a real pie. We ate lots of pies when we got back to NZ.

This is what we call "Pea Pie Pud". Which makes it easy to remember the ingredients, since they're all in the name. We're thoughtful like that.
serveimage

Last edited:
When I travelled from the US to the Middle East, I loved trying the different foods from around the world. Two favorites were Shwarmas from Saudi and Borsh from Ukraine. Common foods to them, but not me. Then there was fish from that little resaurant in New Castle on the Tine, England. :)
Don't know what those other foods are, but Borsh--yea buddy! I've got many Russian, Belaruse, Ukrainian friends here in my neck of the woods. I've eaten many a meal prepared by those wonderful ladies!

Ah, but do you deep fry meat pies? If not, you just haven't lived...
My staple diet while a single university student involved quick meals of 2 potatoes chipped plus a meat pie (or a chicken thigh, or sausages, when I couldn't find a pie in the freezer) dropped in the deep fryer for 10 minutes. I put on so much weight but it was worth every bite...

You all need to come over here and eat some pies. Normally we just roast them so we can pretend they're healthy.

The most major food I missed when in Ireland was meat pies. All they have similar are little pork pies, which just aren't anything like a real pie. We ate lots of pies when we got back to NZ.

This is what we call "Pea Pie Pud". Which makes it easy to remember the ingredients, since they're all in the name. We're thoughtful like that.
serveimage
You're making my mouth water and I'm just now getting my six pack back after about a 23 year absence. ... :eek:

Back