• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Polygyny friendly neighborhood

I think that would be great. Every one living near by each other. Helping each other through trails and tribulations. Other culture do it. I think that is a great dream. I hope we all could pray and ask for help and also research the ideal to make that great dream come true. Dreams do come true if only you believe.

Trust and believe it's in the works. I am talking to a few folks about it.

Now that the UEP (The FLDS' community property trust) has been ruled constitutionally off limits, it might be useful to look at that model for a closed community.

I wouldn't want a "closed community" that would open the doors to all kinds of corruption. I was looking into more of a community that had poly-nonpoly people alike, just people are more accepting of the poly people they live near.

Ok, who would those "more accepting" people be by the way? I'd like to meet them.

Accually I know of quite a few there is a 70yo lady we are helping out right now and she knows my beliefs and is very cool about as well as many other people I have met though they would never be poly. They still accept me for who I am. I am sure there are plenty more out there as well. There are a few places in the US that people are fine with our way of life just gov officials who aren't. Then again being raised poly many figured I was gonna be like this any ways. So most who knew me from childhood had a feeling. So yeah bro there are a lot and I could introduce you if you would like.
Hugh McBryde said:
Ok, who would those "more accepting" people be by the way? I'd like to meet them.

Revgill87123 said:
Accually I know of quite a few there is a 70yo lady we are helping out right now and she knows my beliefs and is very cool about as well as many other people I have met though they would never be poly. They still accept me for who I am. I am sure there are plenty more out there as well. There are a few places in the US that people are fine with our way of life just gov officials who aren't. Then again being raised poly many figured I was gonna be like this any ways. So most who knew me from childhood had a feeling. So yeah bro there are a lot and I could introduce you if you would like.
Hugh McBryde said:

I know quite a few as well, though they might never consider it themselves. I suppose you ave to ask yourselves, do you want tolerance neighbours or ones just like you?

B

I don't really know a sufficient number of them. I would still point to what happened at YFZ. There were ( I am sure ) quite a few people who were tolerant of the FLDS, it's just that there were bushel basket loads of those who weren't. See who won?

I'm going to add that we have to take into account the activists who literally believe that "Polygyny IS abuse." They will seek you out aggressively and investigate you in a prejudiced way. It follows for them that a female participant is brainwashed or sick or abused and for that reason, espouses an acceptance of polygyny. Her views cannot be taken into account, she is at best a victim of a sort of "Stockholm Syndrome" and once rescued, will "see the light" and recant her allegiance to the practice. Her clear declarations of her acceptance amount only to proof that the practice IS abusive. It's all so self fulfilling.

This means that the women of the group are only listened to when they state they are abused, deceived, realize it finally, and want out. Anything else they say is a symptom of their aberrational mind set.

Men are vile abusers and pedophiles. Thus when there is no evidence of their abuse or propensity for young girls, it's merely being covered up very well. This has become very clear with the completely unsubstantiated stories being told in Canada with reference to Winston Blackmore's group. This was demonstrated at YFZ. Probably a good number of you believe horrid lies about what happened there and what was found during the raid but don't know it.

All of this combines to produce an environment where the community will turn against you, even while they seem to accept you eventually charges are trumped up against you. I would suggest there is no perfect solution but there are obstacles that can be erected to better protect ourselves. Living among those who are intolerant (even if they are mixed with a heavy dose of those who are tolerant) is Russian Roulette.

It turns my stomach to see that we live in a country here in the US where our freedom truly isn't freedom. The government says we are free to choose but we really aren't, they allow homosexuals to marry but a many cannot have more than one wife who is of consenting age? I live in a area a little north of Houston,Tx and there are so many families here who all live on a large piece of acreage and they are not families I would care to have as neighbors. Lots of drinking and partying..constant traffic in and out at all hours of the night. I would LOVE to have a nice "community" of Christian families in my area, now that being said...I WOULD LOVE IT...I cannot speak for any of the local yocals here!lol My family and I lived in Utah for awhile with my husband's work last year and in our neighborhood north of SLC our kids were not allowed to play with the LDS children. Our neighborhood was not non-LDS friendly and that was hard for me to explain to my children, that just because we were not the same religion they were not allowed to play with the other kids on the block. We did have some of the nicest neighbors, but they didn't have kids and were older. I understand that as parents we all have the responsibility to protect and teach our children and I would not like my kids to play with children that may influence them in a bad way. My kids were 6 and 8...not exactly at the age of rebellion!LOL I have been a sunday school teacher for years, my neighbors had met my whole family and spoke to us often, but there was no tolerance. I say actions speak louder than words any day and it would be WONDERFUL to see people be accepting of our choices in our own lives and the way we choose to live them. I pray for acceptance for all...but I don't know if our country is quite there yet :( :(

tylersmom01 said:
It turns my stomach to see that we live in a country here in the US where our freedom truly isn't freedom."
When has this country ever been accepting of polygyny? It is indeed sad, but it's the state of affairs. I am greatly encouraged though by the legal development that government interference in the United Effort Plan trust of the FLDS has been deemed wholly unconstitutional. That means such a model can be emulated to produce a layer of protection in between our adversarial government and our chosen (and rightful) lifestyle.

When has this country ever been accepting of polygyny?
before the white-man got here :D

I say all the men should go to slc, kippahs on head and go door knocking,lol. The whole SLC thing is soo funny with those LDS folks they don't even except LDS from out side of UT cause they aren't related to the "Pioneers". I have known many LDS making their way to SLC only too come back hurt and ready to leave the church over what was said and done to them!
tylersmom01 said:
It turns my stomach to see that we live in a country here in the US where our freedom truly isn't freedom. The government says we are free to choose but we really aren't, they allow homosexuals to marry but a many cannot have more than one wife who is of consenting age? I live in a area a little north of Houston,Tx and there are so many families here who all live on a large piece of acreage and they are not families I would care to have as neighbors. Lots of drinking and partying..constant traffic in and out at all hours of the night. I would LOVE to have a nice "community" of Christian families in my area, now that being said...I WOULD LOVE IT...I cannot speak for any of the local yocals here!lol My family and I lived in Utah for awhile with my husband's work last year and in our neighborhood north of SLC our kids were not allowed to play with the LDS children. Our neighborhood was not non-LDS friendly and that was hard for me to explain to my children, that just because we were not the same religion they were not allowed to play with the other kids on the block. We did have some of the nicest neighbors, but they didn't have kids and were older. I understand that as parents we all have the responsibility to protect and teach our children and I would not like my kids to play with children that may influence them in a bad way. My kids were 6 and 8...not exactly at the age of rebellion!LOL I have been a sunday school teacher for years, my neighbors had met my whole family and spoke to us often, but there was no tolerance. I say actions speak louder than words any day and it would be WONDERFUL to see people be accepting of our choices in our own lives and the way we choose to live them. I pray for acceptance for all...but I don't know if our country is quite there yet :( :(

Your right Rev...I know LDS here in Texas and they said the same thing...LDS are different in UT! It was almost like I was living in another country...really odd. Odd too was being "courted" by a church of another denomination while we were there...it was like they were fighting over who could get us into church first. We ended up visiting the "other" church a few times and when sunday school was spent talking about NOTHING but getting people out of LDS...well...that was all it took. They even brough pie to the house to try to sweeten the deal so to speak!LOL Oh the crazy things that went on in our neighborhood...I could write a book!LOL Just to be a smart alleck I did tell people that my last name was Smith or Young on several occasions!HAHAHA

Back