• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer Group

Just knowing that you guys are praying, even if it isn't every day gives my heart such comfort. We have had two situations in our town where people have been killed or attempted to have been killed by their children. The area has come together wonderfully, the survivors have a beautiful spirit, and we need God! "Talk" to some of you tomorrow night on the chat.

Lots of prayers have gone up for our city councilman and his wife who were the objects of attempted vehicular homicide perpetrated by a family member. It was necessary to amputate one of his legs due to it being crushed between the car and the house. Praying still.

Confession time. Due to reasons I am not willing to put on a public forum, I have failed miserably at this task. I haven't prayed since the day after my last post. I'd like to say that I'll get straight back into it now, or tomorrow, or another time that seems convenient, but I just don't have the ability to deal with the attack right now.
I'm sorry I haven't kept up with this, and that I let this thread fall back down into the depths instead of encouraging you all.
How are you all doing? Has everyone else kept going as they are able?

I have also been so overwhelmed with my life right now with moving to a new home and making the other ready to sell that I have made little time to pray. Thankfully, there is a 25 min drive between houses so I am trying to use that to pray and talk with the Lord. But sometimes I am just too tired to even think much beyond what immediately needs my attention. @FollowingHim2 sorry to hear that life is more about warfare than rest. May the Lord give you victory in your fighting and show you His Glory in the end.

Trying my best to get back on track today myself.

I didn’t keep up consistently, actually hardly at all....
I found myself trying to fit into other women’s ‘plans’ for their Bible time has made me feel guilty for not being spiritual enough to get up at the butt crack of dawn and pry the Word open while trying to also have prayer time, be quiet and stay awake...
I’m a morning person, but I get up and go. The Lord has brought to my attention that others are where and how they are because we are all uniquely made. Be me in the Lord.
I found I get up and start the washer and breakfast and begin to pray as things come to mind I’m praying while I’m working and quoting a verse. About 10 we take a break from school, then I get before Him. However, tech, chores and other happenings have taken that place. It’s honestly just hard to have a set in stone time without interruptions. But praying throughout the day and snatching bits of time to read is all I’ve really done.
He will give us the desires of our heart,
ps. 37:4-5, if it’s to be close to him it simply means to draw nigh, He will draw nigh to us. whatever we do, do it as unto the Lord.
Philippians 4:8-9
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
I will keep you in prayer as you come to mind @FollowingHim2 . I hope you have a good week!!

Last edited:
I have been doing an okayish job of praying. Probably not a full 15 minutes and not on weekends, but consistently on weekday mornings. But yes, needing improvement on my end for sure. I will try to keep you all in my prayers for strength in your prayer journey (I could use it too!) I've been having a desire to crack open the Bible and do a topic study lately, but haven't gotten to it yet. Distractions, and children wanting attention, doing school, errands and chores but I set my next few days up so that hopefully I don't have to leave the house during the day so I am hoping for more time to use for reading.

Oh I forgot my daughter has a dentist appointment this morning.. doh! See what I mean lol? :)

I am right there with you all. It has been hard here with life and circumstances that have involved both our older daughters and with their husbands. One contemplated divorce but they are working it out. I can say though that through these tough times, my husband and I have grown closer to God and with each other by coming together as a team in prayer. I have my moments of breaking down in tears and crying out to God because it feels overwhelming at times. The only thing that gets me through is going to my prayer closet every night and kneeling on my prayer mat while ending the day with Him. Sometimes I don't say much but bawl my eyes out as to release my stress and anxiety.

I found myself trying to fit into other women’s ‘plans’ for their Bible time has made me feel guilty for not being spiritual enough to get up at the butt crack of dawn and pry the Word open while trying to also have prayer time, be quiet and stay awake...
I’m a morning person, but I get up and go. The Lord has brought to my attention that others are where and how they are because we are all uniquely made. Be me in the Lord.
I found I get up and start the washer and breakfast and begin to pray as things come to mind I’m praying while I’m working and quoting a verse. About 10 we take a break from school, then I get before Him. However, tech, chores and other happenings have taken that place. It’s honestly just hard to have a set in stone time without interruptions. But praying throughout the day and snatching bits of time to read is all I’ve really done.
ps. 37:4-5, if it’s to be close to him it simply means to draw nigh, He will draw nigh to us. whatever we do, do it as unto the Lord.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
I will keep you in prayer as you come to mind @FollowingHim2 . I hope you have a good week!!

Love! May the Lord help us all to remember this. And how it moves and flows differently in the different seasons that we/our families are in.

I am right there with you all. It has been hard here with life and circumstances that have involved both our older daughters and with their husbands. One contemplated divorce but they are working it out. I can say though that through these tough times, my husband and I have grown closer to God and with each other by coming together as a team in prayer. I have my moments of breaking down in tears and crying out to God because it feels overwhelming at times. The only thing that gets me through is going to my prayer closet every night and kneeling on my prayer mat while ending the day with Him. Sometimes I don't say much but bawl my eyes out as to release my stress and anxiety.
❤❤❤

Thank you!! This is how I'm wired as well. Funny how, in the last few days the enemy has targeted me. Now that I'm retired I have resolved to spend more time in prayer. Yesterday was challenging...I really messed up and was rebuked...in a totally different way than when I was working at my career. I sense big changes are coming for me and they won't be as I imagined necessarily. Isn't that always the case? Sigh...

Thank you!! This is how I'm wired as well. Funny how, in the last few days the enemy has targeted me. Now that I'm retired I have resolved to spend more time in prayer. Yesterday was challenging...I really messed up and was rebuked...in a totally different way than when I was working at my career. I sense big changes are coming for me and they won't be as I imagined necessarily. Isn't that always the case? Sigh...

I think the enemy is coming against all of us and yes we are not perfect and will mess up. I messed up yesterday by cracking under the stress and anxiety that life has threw my way but I woke up this morning and thanked the Good Lord for a new day. His mercies are renewed. And yes, when changes come, it is usually not what we expect. Speaking of experience here.

I needed to read this as last night when I got to bed about 12pm I don't know why but I started praying for me and hubby to be so much closer as life /work has got in the way for many years but I feel God's been calling me back and iv changed in some life decision that I have been in for many years who knows what is next but I know I have to submit to my husband and let him make the decision in our life ,its going to be a challenge for me as iv done most of that in our marriage but I know god wants this .

Hello ladies, just wondering how you were doing with prayer. I started up great, but after a few weeks it became hard to find the time. But @Man@Home helped me to get back on track. Sometimes I still struggle with time in everyday life (sometimes a lot to do, sometimes just to tired), especially with all the holidays coming up. But with the help of hb I manage to make time.

Hey Ladies!

I wanted to ask for prayer for tomorrow. I need to be courageous and usually I'm kinda a ween lol. There's this lady at my local supermarket who consistently is rude to me and I don't know why. I've thought maybe it's just in my head, but today my mom who hasn't heard me voice any of these thoughts mentioned after going through the line with me that the cashier was being weird. Slumber has advised me to go to her and see if there is some offense that I've made against her and to ask for her forgiveness if so. I'm nervous because of the confrontation aspect, but keep telling myself it can't be that bad because I have the safety of the store on my side lol. So I would just appreciate prayer. For me not to be a ween lol and for her to receive it or whatever may bring God glory in it. :)

So I am jumping in kinda late. I was praying earlier for the ladies here. Hope all is well. Also, wanted to ask if you all can pray for my appointment on March 10th, to see if a baby is even possible. If it is not we are talking through a few things as we process and seek the Lord's wisdom.

So I am jumping in kinda late. I was praying earlier for the ladies here. Hope all is well. Also, wanted to ask if you all can pray for my appointment on March 10th, to see if a baby is even possible. If it is not we are talking through a few things as we process and seek the Lord's wisdom.

Will be praying. :)

Back