• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer Group

I haven't had time to read for myself but I read Bible to kids. And I pray but it's either when I'm driving or super tired neither very good for praying.. sigh

And too tired to dream.. thankfully..

I'll add you all to my prayer list for spiritual attacks!

Aaaaand a new child that only had a cold has now started vomiting. Plus the first one to get sick was still vomiting this morning, which makes it about 2 weeks of this now. Honestly, at this point the only thing I am desperate for is that Peter doesn't get sick. He has a cold so is quite snotty, but aside from that he's fine. The other children can get vomit into bowls (unless they're under 5 and asleep...), but there's no hope of that happening with a 2 year old. So, please just focus your prayers for us on Peter not getting this vomiting bug.
Meanwhile, it's nearly 10pm and I'm going to go and scrub the bathroom in the hope that that stops the spread of this thing.

Aaaaand a new child that only had a cold has now started vomiting. Plus the first one to get sick was still vomiting this morning, which makes it about 2 weeks of this now. Honestly, at this point the only thing I am desperate for is that Peter doesn't get sick. He has a cold so is quite snotty, but aside from that he's fine. The other children can get vomit into bowls (unless they're under 5 and asleep...), but there's no hope of that happening with a 2 year old. So, please just focus your prayers for us on Peter not getting this vomiting bug.
Meanwhile, it's nearly 10pm and I'm going to go and scrub the bathroom in the hope that that stops the spread of this thing.
Do you have kefir available to you? Garlic tincture? Kefir is better.. you can buy it in stores here.

Do you have kefir available to you? Garlic tincture? Kefir is better.. you can buy it in stores here.
I know people that have kefir so I could get some from them. We're eating plenty of garlic, and I am giving the children vitamin c but I think I'll up their dose, I just don't want to mess with the other end too much if you know what I mean. I do have some children's probiotics in the fridge that I can give them if needed, is that what the kefir is for?

Yes but kefir has a very very diverse probiotic profile far more than just probiotic pills. It can clean up diarrhea in a day or at least slow it down. If you're getting plain kefir you can make a smoothie with bananas or some other fruit to taste. It will also nourish and hydrate you making recovery faster.

Oh man, you guys are just having a hard time! That is completely miserable to have to it drawn out so long! I will be praying specifically for Peter to be passed by!

Feels like that for me sometimes too. I wonder if that will change over time, like maybe we need to push through this stage, or if it will just be the norm sometimes.

I think it will change over time. I think it is just a stage we need push through. I remember when I used to pray for half an hour a day and sometimes I would be praying right to the end and it only felt like 5 minutes had gone by. Part of my prayer struggle is we have a houseguest right now so it throws of where I can do my praying. I usually would use the living room since the kids are all sleeping upstairs but now I have to either go outside or try not to wake anyone upstairs.

Looks like some of us are needing some prayer about dreams then. I fully wasn't prepared for these attacks from the enemy just for choosing to pray every day. I should have been, and the fact that I wasn't shows how much I've dropped the ball in focusing on Him.

When I read about your guys bad dreams that's what I thought too, that they were probably spiritual attacks. I didn't even think about the push back from the enemy when we started this but I'm sure it's real.

Thank you for the prayers everyone, I was able to sleep well last night. Don't remember any bad dreams and don't have a tmj headache this morning from clenching from the bad dreams, so thank you!

Commitment is: lying in bed with a high fever, totally confused about where you are and what you're doing there, trying not to vomit, and remembering that you haven't prayed today, so spending the next half an hour praying and falling asleep, then waking and praying some more before falling asleep again. And repeat.

I'm feeling better today, though not fantastic.

On the plus side, this will help with the defluffing, right?

Commitment is: lying in bed with a high fever, totally confused about where you are and what you're doing there, trying not to vomit, and remembering that you haven't prayed today, so spending the next half an hour praying and falling asleep, then waking and praying some more before falling asleep again. And repeat.

I'm feeling better today, though not fantastic.

On the plus side, this will help with the defluffing, right?
It is good to hear that you are having a better day. Praying for a total healing.

Good evening ladies, I know I haven't posted much, my days are long but short at the same time. Prayer time is ok, it could be better, it is a work in progress. My reading time is at 4am on our way to work. Still need to work on having my own Individual Bible time. I appreciate y'all very much, love ya sisters.

Hi Ladies. I came across these 2 scriptures in a book that I have been reading. They were back to back in my book and it really stood out to me. This is what she wrote.
"When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him" (Isaiah 59:19). Praise be to God for that!
"The Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one." (2 Thessalonians 3:3).
This truly blessed me today.

I’m praying every day, but actual Bible reading and studying hasn’t occurred for about a week-consistently anyway. Mostly habit hasn’t set in. I’m finding myself distracted in the mornings and want to hit all the icons or go to the garden and get busy... Bible first. I have a Bible app, but there’s just nothing like the paper, while reading and studying His Word.
I’m reading through Hebrews in the morning.
I joined this group/blog and started reading Rest and Release. (@FollowingHim2 feel free to edit or delete) https://womenlivingwell.org/rest-and-release/

I’m enjoying reading about all of your gals’ life events. I’m praying for each and everyone of you almost daily. We just got back from a nice anniversary trip and life is full swing ahead.
We’re starting our school year tomorrow.

Back