• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Praying for the peace of Jerusalem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying it will actually happen, I'm saying Israel will try to make it happen. But we'll find out eventually. Let's wait and see.

I'm not saying it will actually happen, I'm saying Israel will try to make it happen. But we'll find out eventually. Let's wait and see.
I don’t see them going to war with Egypt over the prospect.

Meanwhile, Lebanon has a bit of a problem:
1699104948155.png

Where can they go? Nobody wants two million broken, destitute, radicalized, and traumatized refugees. Their Arab and other Muslim brothers reject them, and would abuse them. The West is already breaking under the strain of massive Colonization by millions of other Muslims.

A big part of me thinks Israel is using this to try and ethnically cleanse Gaza, and take it for themselves. That would be understandable.

It's not our fight and I don't want the USA to go to war with Iran and maybe Turkey and Saudi Arabia over that tiny strip of land. We need to prepare for the real threat of China. Are we trying to push all of our friends into the BRICS alliance?
They can go south, where there are no bombs and the utilities are still on.

They can go south, where there are no bombs and the utilities are still on.
But it's aleady overcrowded and there aren't no bombs there. Fewer bombs yes, but not no bombs. It's really not as simple as that. Israel has been attacking so far south they've even accidentally struck Egypt.

But it's aleady overcrowded and there aren't no bombs there. Fewer bombs yes, but not no bombs. It's really not as simple as that. Israel has been attacking so far south they've even accidentally struck Egypt.
I’m sorry but play stupid games and win stupid prizes. The Gazans have made decades worth or bad decisions. It is no one else’s responsibility to save them from themselves.

Your attitude is that because the terrorists have come up with an effective strategy then the terrorists must not be opposed. That of course is a ridiculous stance. If holding their own people hostage is effective then Hamas will continue to hold their own people hostage.

You are advocating for a false kindness, one that ultimately prolongs suffering and protects evil. The Gazans have supported or tolerated Hamas for 20 years. They can now go south and hope for the best or weather the storm where they are but this war has to happen. There are no other alternatives.

If it doesn’t happen then the attack next time will be even worse.

You are putting words in my mouth @The Revolting Man. I never said this, nor would I.
because the terrorists have come up with an effective strategy then the terrorists must not be opposed
And the rest of your post is arguing against that straw man. I am not pro-Hamas, stop pretending I am.

I actually just corrected a factual error in your previous post - that there are "no bombs" in the south. The better response would be simply "I was wrong".

You are putting words in my mouth @The Revolting Man. I never said this, nor would I.

And the rest of your post is arguing against that straw man. I am not pro-Hamas, stop pretending I am.

I actually just corrected a factual error in your previous post - that there are "no bombs" in the south. The better response would be simply "I was wrong".
You did not correct anything, you made an unsupported statement. I was not wrong. The Israelis have established a safe zone and it is safe, far safer than the north. Your handwringing and moral equivalency is what Hamas is hoping for. It is the suicidal and reflexive response of the west towards evil. You say you are not pro Hamas but your words are all they are hoping for from you.

I am wondering why people are tearing down the posters of the hostages?
Are they somehow offended that the hostages are getting attention?

I'm having feeling minority here has any understanding of dynamics here.

It's simple. You want whole territory for your nation. No exceptions
I will respond to this part, but I don’t accept unnecessary grossness in my discussion, so I had it removed.

You are assuming and assigning a motive here. That might be true, but it might not.
I don’t believe that you are correct.

I have contended since the final "High Sabbath" of Sukkot and the Allowed Invasion that there is a lot more to this escalation of WW 3 than most have considered. Certainly the 'double-edged hatred' that is now almost out-of-control is just one thing that seems to make the point.

But it was the story of Abraham that includes BOTH "Sodom and Gomorrah," and the Akeida, or "binding of Isaac," ("God will provide Himself a lamb...") that really helped to clarify some of it for me, And I believe the Ruach led me to ask a question He reminds us of - multiple times in just this parsha! - and then answers, based on Abraham's demonstrated faith, that really brings home the point.

I ask it as a question: 'Is there ANY fear of Yah' in the land?

The links are here, given that some may consider this 'controversial.'

Off course, many people aren't willing to be so evil. But they all prefer more extremists of their side than moderates of other side (rational due to same culture, nation, no danger from extremists from other side).
This is a very good point, and it helps to understand not only why the Palestinians support Hamas, but more generally why violence begets a spiral of escalating violence from both sides in such situations - because people rally around strong leaders, and the strong leaders tend to be those with more extreme and less conciliatory views.

Last edited:
As the most likely immediate escalatory risk to Israel is the opening of a second front with Lebanon, I decided to listen to Hassan Nasrallah's recent long speech today in the background while I was working to try and get a feel for how serious this risk is. If you feel like wading through almost two hours of pro-Muslim rhetoric and cheers of Allahu Akbar from the audience, I've linked it below, but I listened so you don't have to!

The main takeaway I took from it is that Muslims have been pressuring Hezbollah to do more than they have done - and Nasrallah answered these critics by stressing the value (from his perspective) of what they have done already. He went to a lot of effort to talk up the importance of the low-level attacks they have made, in redirecting Israeli forces from Gaza, itemising exactly what proportion of each branch of the Israeli military had been redirected north. Basically, he was arguing that they are already helping the Palestinians (so don't necessarily have to do more). Also, he stated that the Muslims would win their war against Israel - but it would take a very long time, and they wouldn't win in a "knockout", they would win "on points". So although his rhetoric was very fiery against Israel, and he left the whole question open by saying that all options were possible, ultimately he seemed to be trying to lower the expectations of his supporters.

This I found encouraging. Hezbollah may be trying to walk themselves back from the brink of war while maintaining their macho image.

Last edited:
This is a very good point, and it helps to understand not only why the Palestinians support Hamas, but more generally why violence begets a spiral of escalating violence from both sides in such situations - because people rally around strong leaders, and the strong leaders tend to be those with more extreme and less conciliatory views.
It's even worse. They were tries for peace. But how to avoid sabotage by radicals from both sides?

There is simply pull into war.

You are assuming and assigning a motive here. That might be true, but it might not.
I don’t believe that you are correct.
How many if you have even asked yourself how war starts? And have explanation better than:

1. Evil leader
2. ?????
3. War

Since all behaviour is rational from perspective of actor, there must be very good reason it's gone. Which implies there is good reason why normies are pulled and become war supporters.

There won't be peace in Middle East unless both sides stop their contribution toward war.

It's even worse. They were tries for peace. But how to avoid sabotage by radicals from both sides?

There is simply pull into war.

How many if you have even asked yourself how war starts? And have explanation better than:

1. Evil leader
2. ?????
3. War

Since all behaviour is rational from perspective of actor, there must be very good reason it's gone. Which implies there is good reason why normies are pulled and become war supporters.

There won't be peace in Middle East unless both sides stop their contribution toward war.
You have left out the spiritual aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back