• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Preparing for a post-virus world

A question that we as Christains should ask. If your work said your required to get a chip in your hand to work or have them take your blood daily to make sure your not infected would you do it

@FaithinGod This is something that my family and I were discussing earlier today. It is easy for us to say "no" when we are not under pressure. However, when we are starving for food or our family is being persecuted before our eyes, that is when the real struggle is.
Thus, it is important for us to mentally prepare for the worst, and pray (without ceasing) that we will survive (whether in life or unto death), despite any opposition. It speaks in scripture that the end times will be so bad, family members will turn on each other! Are we truly prepared for that?
Draw near to Yah and He will draw near to you. Psalm 91 is a very appropriate chapter to commit to memory for those dark days.

A question that we as Christains should ask. If your work said your required to get a chip in your hand to work or have them take your blood daily to make sure your not infected would you do it

We have been through job loss before and God has seen us through. But I know from those Christians who watched us go through it that many of them could not bring themselves to do suffer such lack. I have no doubt many will take the chip while coming up with rationalizations or finding ways to feel self righteously superior to those who refuse to take it. As they say in their heart...

I'm a child of God, I'm not worshiping the beast, it's just a chip. It's those foolish Christions who let their family starve by quiting/getting fired over this issue who are the bad ones. Don't you know, anyone who doesn't provide a middle class lifestyle is worse than an unbeliever.

As they value mammon and comfort more than God while showing a lack of faith to trust God to provide for their needs when walking in obedience to His Word exacts a high price.

Economic systems such as us, based on usuary and fake money, eventually fail, always every time. It's just a matter of when. It should have happened 2 decades ago but they've been kicking the can down the road repeatedly since. It looks like the day of reckoning is upon us....https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/goldman-default-cycle-has-officially-started

Will this be the big one or will they find a way to kick the can again? Will they work to bail out and pad the pockets of the richest or will we turn our backs on this usurious system with a debt jubilee and ban on usary?

Big corporations don't want to walk back globalism....https://www.rt.com/business/486246-us-firms-keep-production-china/

And neither do corporate customers...https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=239019

This Is EXACTLY Why America Deserves To Fail

You'd think this company would be having a boom year, and many to come.

When the history of the coronavirus epoch is written, The Watchdog hopes historians don’t neglect to mention Prestige Ameritech and its owner, Mike Bowen. The North Richland Hills company is America’s No. 1 maker of hospital surgical masks.

During this crisis, you’d think the company would be pushing forward on all cylinders, working 24/7 to manufacture the one commodity that Americans and the rest of the world want so badly.

Nope.

When there's an outbreak -- like last time, with Swine Flu -- he gets orders. He ramps up to fill them.

Then the outbreak passes, and guess where the hospitals go? Back to China.

This leaves him with capital equipment leases and people. If he doesn't lay them off he goes out of business. If he does lay them off he get's hammered with much higher unemployment insurance premiums, the leases on the equipment he has no use for, and he goes out of business.

The last time he nearly did.

This time, he's demanding long-term contracts. Good for him.

Guess how many he's gotten?

I'll bet you can figure that out.

We deserve what's coming folks. Oh sure, there's much bluster now about moving production back to the US and the risk China -- and non-US supply chains -- pose to us. How many minutes do you think after this is over will pass before everyone goes back to the turd-world nations that incubate and expel these viruses for all their supplies because they use effective slave labor and poison the land, air and water?

Maybe five.

Minutes, that is.

That's why I won't bother standing up another company. Good luck competing with a bunch of slaves for a labor base.

This virus isn't really all that bad, when you go down the list of nasty bugs.

The next one might be.

But you don't really care, other than being a scolding Karen, do you?

And for those factories that they do bring here, this is the model....

If the USD is connected to Oil... does that foretell a dollar crash?

This may be an early indicator that they are going to tank paper to go paperless in a new economy.

Oil Crash.JPG

My question is how is this different that Brent Crude oil? Are these different companies? Marketing and economy is my weakness...

.03. That's a crash if I ever saw one. Scary.

My question is how is this different that Brent Crude oil? Are these different companies? Marketing and economy is my weakness...

Different sources. Apparently Brent crude mainly comes in via pipeline. And it's more an indicator of global prices. Whereas this crash is being driven by a lack of storage for incoming tanker oil to the US. WTI is West Texas international. Basically, they can't even give it away because there is no where to receive it.

Which is another way of saying, we no longer need to import any oil. Good thing?

Not my area of expertise. I don't even know how unusual this is. I seem to remember during the '08 years a lot of oil tankers just hanging out off shore full of undelivered oil. But post Baakan I don't even know if we import any oil anymore.

If the USD is connected to Oil... does that foretell a dollar crash?

Maybe not. Oil is still a commodity. The price of a commodity will crash if supply exceeds demand by a mere fraction of the total (say like 10%, the exact # it takes I'm not sure, ask an economist). That's fundamental commodity economics.

For better foretelling, I'd watch exchange rates, treasury bonds, and other asset prices for that. And chatter about countries trading oil in other currencies or parallel international banking exchanges.

Oh, and a crash in the dollar usually means an inflationary situation where the buying power fails. Would mean skyrocketing prices, not falling prices. The big concern here is US oil production shutting down.

Rev 18:15
The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

Rev 18:16

And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
Rev 18:17

For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
Rev 18:18

And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
Rev 18:19

And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

All in all, Russia and SA sure picked the worst time to pull their little “flood the market” war. Nobody won.

Thanks for the clarification, @rockfox … it may portent continuing falling prices at the pump... and what the expectation is of manufacturing restart.

So if I'm reading the investopedia correctly, the Brent may follow suit in falling below $15?

Back