• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Preparing for a post-virus world

If anyone is near Kentucky/ Indiana and wants meat processed I have a friend who raises her own cows, hogs, chickens, and rabbits. She also processes everything at home. I’m sure she’ll do it for a really good price :)
One just has to be really careful when doing stuff like that. If the F.D.A. catches wind of it they can wreck havoc on a small farm/homestead! It's fine to do for your own use, but anytime money trades hand for meat processing, they require the facility where it was processed to be inspected.

The great thing is YouTube has some really great slaughter, and butcher videos, for the people wanting to learn, there are also a lot of bad videos, and one needs to do some research to find the best way. The great thing is the F.D.A. can't do anything about processing your own meat.:)

For people wanting to do their own butchering, here is the best way for lamb, and goat IMO, and here is a bone out video for beef by the same guy.
This is another guy who did a great video on how to do a whole beef.
There are a lot more bad videos on slaughtering, then there are on butchering, so one really needs to do their homework on that.;)

Last edited:
One just has to be really careful when doing stuff like that. If the F.D.A. catches wind of it they can wreck havoc on a small farm/homestead! It's fine to do your own use, but anytime money trades hand for meat processing, they require the facility where it was processed to be inspected.

The great thing is YouTube has some really great slaughter, and butcher videos, for the people wanting to learn, there are also a lot of bad videos, and one needs to do some research to find the best way. The great thing is the F.D.A. can't do anything about processing your own meat.:)

For people wanting to do their own butchering, here is the best way for lamb, and goat IMO, and here is a bone out video for beef by the same guy.
This is another guy who did a great video on how to do a whole beef.
There are a lot more bad videos on slaughtering, then there are on butchering, so one really needs to do their homework on that.;)
I know of a couple small communities that have come together to build a small processing facility with members owning 'shares' or having access.. Typically, it is a small high ceiling pole barn with an overhead gantry and two small rooms. One is super insulated with a couple big A/C units to chill the room to 40 deg F or less for aging meat before processing, the other is concrete with stainless tables and various pieces of equipment (saws, grinders, sharpener, etc) that they have purchased in the used market... VERY nice, and a great way to work together in a community to build/create important pieces that a single farmer might not be able to afford or keep up.

I know of a couple small communities that have come together to build a small processing facility with members owning 'shares' or having access.. Typically, it is a small high ceiling pole barn with an overhead gantry and two small rooms. One is super insulated with a couple big A/C units to chill the room to 40 deg F or less for aging meat before processing, the other is concrete with stainless tables and various pieces of equipment (saws, grinders, sharpener, etc) that they have purchased in the used market... VERY nice, and a great way to work together in a community to build/create important pieces that a single farmer might not be able to afford or keep up.
That’d be great, but a tractor with a bucket after the weather turns cold hits all of the problem areas.

Which is why I have chickens....:D

That’d be great, but a tractor with a bucket after the weather turns cold hits all of the problem areas.

Which is why I have chickens....:D
And, in a grid down situation, there is a lot to be said for small livestock of all varieties. .. eliminates the need for refrigeration... salt it or keep it on the hoof...

That's a great way of going about it!
And they could even help each other out, but no money can "legally" change hands.

Out here we have had the F.D.A. set up sting operations. For example one of our local shops had a woman come in saying she wanted to buy raw goats milk for her daughter, and wanted to know if there was anyone selling any, it turned out she was from the F.D.A. and was fishing for info.

Would it be sufficient to provide tools and expertise in exchange for a portion of the end result?
The “butcher” couldn’t sell the meat, but they could keep an extended family in protein. Maybe an opportunity for a young person to build a business that benefits the family while having his/her expenses absorbed by the family in exchange. All while studying for whatever career they are headed for. Doctor, chief executioner, mortuary technician, something related.

And, in a grid down situation, there is a lot to be said for small livestock of all varieties. .. eliminates the need for refrigeration... salt it or keep it on the hoof...
That’s why we raise shrews. Super portable, they pretty much just forage for their own food, if we have to bug out we can just fill our pockets and we’re good to go.

Would it be sufficient to provide tools and expertise in exchange for a portion of the end result?
The “butcher” couldn’t sell the meat, but they could keep an extended family in protein. Maybe an opportunity for a young person to build a business that benefits the family while having his/her expenses absorbed by the family in exchange. All while studying for whatever career they are headed for. Doctor, chief executioner, mortuary technician, something related.
I would do that, but then again I don't really care what the F.D.A. has to say about much of anything.
In my opinion, that would falls into the category of "nothing wrong with it, just be careful.";)

That’s why we raise shrews. Super portable, they pretty much just forage for their own food, if we have to bug out we can just fill our pockets and we’re good to go.
How shrewd!

Just be careful of cross-contamination.
Shrewish family members aren’t any fun.

Last edited:
Now that would very good video subject matter!

That's a great way of going about it!
And they could even help each other out, but no money can "legally" change hands.

Out here we have had the F.D.A. set up sting operations. For example one of our local shops had a woman come in saying she wanted to buy raw goats milk for her daughter, and wanted to know if there was anyone selling any, it turned out she was from the F.D.A. and was fishing for info.
#herdshare

Details on what is going on behind the scenes in the financial world with the rona bailouts and the US-China trade war...

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/202...s-10-trillion-defends-assets-of-the-rich.html

Which explains how the bailouts are being used not to help American's but prop up asset prices of the 1%. And how our Financial Class has sold America down the river (both now and in the past in shipping our manufacturing base overseas).

Plan to shut down the meat industry by stripping it of credit/capital...

Sadly this is not the craziest thing I've heard today.

Back