• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Random Comments

Not until you’ve been on for a bit of time.
It’s a feature that was forced upon us by some people who abused their privileges.

Hang around, it’ll happen. 😊
Ask and you shall receive! I still don't get how to use it though, one day soon this will all click in place for me. 😳

Ask and you shall receive! I still don't get how to use it though, one day soon this will all click in place for me. 😳
Yes!
Just tap the little symbol on the left at the bottom of your post and “edit” will appear.
Tap that and your post will appear in an editable form.

Many of us need to use this option often, sometimes to correct autocorrect. 😜

Yes!
Just tap the little symbol on the left at the bottom of your post and “edit” will appear.
Tap that and your post will appear in an editable form.

Many of us need to use this option often, sometimes to correct autocorrect. 😜
I just figured that out for myself about half an hour ago, I told you it would click into place!

Just a random thought.
Smoking is foolish, because it is bad for your health. But, it takes a good decade or two to ruin your lungs.
So when I'm 70 I might start smoking a pipe. Because I can see myself as Gandalf as an old man. And I'll be dead before it kills me, since I can't think of a single male ancestor who got past 90 anyway.

If you've seen Little Miss Sunshine you'll recognise the peculiar but unarguable logic of the druggie grandfather...

I am not a "smoker" per se BUT I do enjoy an aromatic pipe tobacco. It is generally too thick of smoke to inhale so it is the aroma that I enjoy. We have a covered front porch which is perfect for a rainy day puff. It takes me back a few (50) years when sister and I saved and bought Dad a pipe. great memories.

Just a random thought.
Smoking is foolish, because it is bad for your health. But, it takes a good decade or two to ruin your lungs.
So when I'm 70 I might start smoking a pipe. Because I can see myself as Gandalf as an old man. And I'll be dead before it kills me, since I can't think of a single male ancestor who got past 90 anyway.

If you've seen Little Miss Sunshine you'll recognise the peculiar but unarguable logic of the druggie grandfather...
Smoking a pipe or a cigar from time to time is about as bad for your lungs as living in a city. Chain-smoking cigarettes is another matter entirely. It seems to me that having the occasional pipe or cigar isn't a big issue for one's health, or even using Hookah. The other issue stems from insurance premiums and policies. One can smoke non-tobacco herbals. No, I'm not making the case for marijuana here. There are banana leaf and molasses recipes for Hookah. Smoking Wooley Mullein has long been used as a medicinal for people with lung problems, etc. The Native Americans used various forms of kinnikinnick blends for smoking. IMHO, though, unless you want the "acquired taste" of inflaming the living hell out of your lungs, avoid smoking cloves.

Smoking a pipe or a cigar from time to time is about as bad for your lungs as living in a city. Chain-smoking cigarettes is another matter entirely. It seems to me that having the occasional pipe or cigar isn't a big issue for one's health
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a Winna! Give the pretty lady a cigar.

On the clove comment that I snipped off of the quote, I had a fun experience with clove cigarettes once.
First real girlfriend in high-school, our first date...at the end of the night when we had the kiss goodnight, I was shocked that she tasted inexplicably very slight sweet and that there was an ineffable slight numbness on my lips. I was just gobsmacked and immediately smitten.
I was not familiar with clove cigarettes or the practice of putting clove oil on the filter paper of the cigarettes, so I had no idea what was going on but it certainly translates to a big impression on young impressional me.

About two weeks later I doubt out the hard way that she dipped Copenhagen while attempting to make out behind the Ag barn.
Ugh

Last edited:
Back