• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Random Comments

Why are we now having Ukraine discussion outside Ukraine thread?

There are only two options which I see:

1. Either whole war topics gets whole forum ban
2. Ukraine gets it's ghetto thread

And post of Ukraine should be moved to Ukraine thread.

And posts about US political system should have it's own thread.
I was only discussing that matter not in order to discuss Ukraine, but in order to discuss the credibility of a user. The topic was simply illustrative.

We need to stop discussing Ukraine here, seriously. The point of the Ukraine thread was to try and keep that discussion from spreading everywhere, and if it could have been a calm discussion it would have worked well, but it did not turn out that way. It has only become a distraction. We are not discussing the Israel/Gaza/Iran conflict, we can avoid discussing Ukraine also.

This is a marriage ministry. We have more relevant matters to talk about.

Having said that, all of these political topics are important and interesting, and if anyone wants to keep them going please do start a private conversation including all those who want to participate. I would be quite happy to keep discussing Ukraine with you @MeganC and @MemeFan among others in such a setting. But it's not helpful for the ministry to have the sorts of vitriolic comments that such a topic induces constantly coming up in everyone's "what's new" feed. It's something to take to a private chat in the back room.

I agree that posts about the US political system should have their own thread, feel free to start one, I expect we are far more capable of keeping that one civil.

I was only discussing that matter not in order to discuss Ukraine, but in order to discuss the credibility of a user. The topic was simply illustrative.

We need to stop discussing Ukraine here, seriously. The point of the Ukraine thread was to try and keep that discussion from spreading everywhere, and if it could have been a calm discussion it would have worked well, but it did not turn out that way. It has only become a distraction. We are not discussing the Israel/Gaza/Iran conflict, we can avoid discussing Ukraine also.

This is a marriage ministry. We have more relevant matters to talk about.

Having said that, all of these political topics are important and interesting, and if anyone wants to keep them going please do start a private conversation including all those who want to participate. I would be quite happy to keep discussing Ukraine with you @MeganC and @MemeFan among others in such a setting. But it's not helpful for the ministry to have the sorts of vitriolic comments that such a topic induces constantly coming up in everyone's "what's new" feed. It's something to take to a private chat in the back room.

I agree that posts about the US political system should have their own thread, feel free to start one, I expect we are far more capable of keeping that one civil.
Just for that I am going to start talking about the Fed and central banking

Not really but I like the idea of a tired facial expression at the notion

Spearmint or Peppermint?

I'm a spearmint kinda person.

This has been extremely unproductive. First an upside downer gives the wrong answer. And now someone with no discernment of taste…

Anybody else?

I super appreciate this approach. I believe it's best.
This has been extremely unproductive. First an upside downer gives the wrong answer. And now someone with no discernment of taste…

Anybody else?
Yes! But you left out option C.
My preference is
1. Wintergreen
2. Spearmint

And finally in what may be a finish as close as this recent Kentucky Derby (because I like VARIETY)
3. Peppermint.

But I think peppermint is hot...and the name sounds like it... and that makes me think another flavor I like is misnamed. Cinnamon should be called firemint maybe. It can get serious in concentrated (essential oil) form.
....just sayin'.....

I super appreciate this approach. I believe it's best.
Thank you Jolene! I think this approach is best as well. #moremintdiscussion
Yes! But you left out option C.
My preference is
1. Wintergreen
2. Spearmint

And finally in what may be a finish as close as this recent Kentucky Derby (because I like VARIETY)
3. Peppermint.
I can respect this. +2 points for being on the top of the planet. -2 points for not picking Spearmint unfortunately.
But I think peppermint is hot...and the name sounds like it... and that makes me think another flavor I like is misnamed. Cinnamon should be called firemint maybe. It can get serious in concentrated (essential oil) form.
....just sayin'.....
Hmmm, I think this is derailing my erudite topic but I'll bite.

While I agree it should be fire something. I say since cinnamon is technically bark, maybe firewood is a better name.

I can also get serious when I'm in a concentrated form. More focused than even a fly.

Anybody else?
Let the record reflect that I find your post to be cruel and judgmental about my lack of taste… for whatever reason God allowed me to suffer with this thorn in the flesh… it’s my cross to bear so to speak…

What makes you think we're the ones at the bottom?
Psalm 48:1-2 KJV
Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness. [2] Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.

Obviously God’s city would be on the top not the bottom…

Psalm 48:1-2 KJV
Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness. [2] Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.

Obviously God’s city would be on the top not the bottom…
So, Jerusalem is the north pole?

I suppose that means Jesus is Santa. That explains a lot, actually, so let's just mark it as "plausible".

So, Jerusalem is the north pole?

I suppose that means Jesus is Santa. That explains a lot, actually, so let's just mark it as "plausible".
Definitely plausible, although that might be reading too much into the text. It says on the sides of the north… obviously that just means the northern hemisphere. I should probably look up a commentary on that lol

Back