• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Raw Diet

And do the nuts at your house prefer the domestic or imported varieties of fermented brews? And are they partial to the hops flavored varieties, or do the prefer the serious stuff, aged in oak with a hint of the bog upon them?

The OLDER nuts, that is.

They prefer fat tires actually since skinny tires are no fun. However, they did meet Sam Adams once, a long time ago, and remain loyal fans of his. One of the nuts would consider marrying Sam Adams if that were possible, but instead that nut will have to be happy with a couple of tires for the time being! We've also discovered that our nuts like to take an occasional road trip out to the Sierra Nevada's (for the view).

I am beginning to regret bringing up the nuts....

:mrgreen:

donnag said:
Isabella, that's just plain nutty.

But....I have a lovely bunch of Coconuts. :ugeek:

donnag said:
My husband has a coconut bra...

Can he sing and dance like Baloo?

Most excellent....

:D

Well I just packed up my first batch of fermented sauerkraut and I must say I'm totally impressed with it. It was super easy and only contains cabbage, salt and water. One large head of cabbage made 3.5 quarts of product.

I bought and awesome pickling jar at an oriental store last weekend and used it for the fermentation process (because it looks cool).

Oh, girl, wait til you make some with raw milk whey as your catalyst. Yum and more yum! Looking forward to further foodie-ness with you, Donna G, and will proly answer your delightful PM tomorry! :p

Shalom,
aet

I was reading about the whey method last week. I just don't have any access to it until I research it a bit more.

Can you get raw milk in the Peoples' Republic of California without getting arrested? :lol:

I had mashed potatoes and cauliflower tonight. It left a lot to be desired. Even fresh garlic didn't make it less bland.

sweetlissa said:
I had mashed potatoes and cauliflower tonight. It left a lot to be desired. Even fresh garlic didn't make it less bland.
i'm sorry :cry:

sweetlissa said:

Well, YEAH! Needed shredded cheddar, cayenne, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt. Sesame oil instead woulda added a fun twist. Oh, and sliced olives as garnish.

Cec, the idea was to cut calories, not add them in a different way. But I will take that under advisement. Next time I am tempted to mash cauliflower into perfectly wonderful potatoes, I throw in the kitchen sink for good measure. Hey! Does the kitchen sink count as raw? Or processed?

SweetLissa

Try roasting the cauliflower /potatoes instead of steaming it. Then mash with a tad of butter and buttermilk. Buttermilk give it some tang without a lot of calories. My sister has been on a low-carb diet for years and lost 30lbs. She now takes meds for high cholesterol but, hey...that's what happens.

donnag said:
I was reading about the whey method last week. I just don't have any access to it until I research it a bit more.

I used double salt (based on a recipe from Sally Fallon) instead of whey when making some kraut and I was very disappointed. It was, of course, too salty. The whey really worked with the bread and butter pickles though! To make whey, I just strained some organic yogurt.

Back