• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Raw Diet

sweetlissa said:
Cec, the idea was to cut calories, not add them in a different way. But I will take that under advisement. Next time I am tempted to mash cauliflower into perfectly wonderful potatoes,

Well, try using mashed cauliflower W/O the potatoes, and add your garlic and all that I suggested above. I think you'll find that it tastes wonderful, and does ya good. Remember, it isn't the quantity of calories that do ya in so much as the type and source. None of what I suggested was hi carb, nor creates the insulin response.

Or you could try the kitchen sink. High in iron, but I think that the processing / smelting heat is a wee bit higher than 118 degrees, so doubt it will qualify as raw.

i think that it is the french that are of the opinion that potatoes are best used for fattening pigs, but smashed potatoes (skin on) with garlic and tons of butter are such a comfort food. i love them, so i go more toward sweet potatoes (they travel well on the truck and only take FOUR HOURS to cook, depending on altitude) :D

SeekingGrace said:
(based on a recipe from Sally Fallon)
cool, another sally fan :D
she is awsome, tons of stuff in that book with mary enig

Cauls shouldn't be mashable! That means they are too soft and have lost their flavour. Cauliflower shouldn't be over steamed. They taste wonderful baked also.
Try currying them also with spices. That is low calorie and very tasty.

B - loves Cauliflower

steve said:
SeekingGrace said:
(based on a recipe from Sally Fallon)
cool, another sally fan :D
she is awsome, tons of stuff in that book with mary enig

I first learned about how awesome raw coconut oil was from those ladies! They can have their liver stuff though. My iron levels are high enough!

Last night at our local grocery store:

Farm Raised Rabbit $6.59/lb I was shocked to even see that item.
Cucumbers $1.19/ea
Limes $1.00/ea
Bell Peppers $1.69/ea

We are turning more yard into garden for sure. We're also going to try hay-bale tomatoes this year too (just to save garden space).

donnag said:
Cucumbers $1.19/ea
Limes $1.00/ea
Bell Peppers $1.69/ea

Wow! Where are you Donnag? At the end of last year, I heard that we would have plenty of food at the store, but we wouldn't be able to pay for it, but I'm still able to buy a cucumber in Texas for .55 and a lime for .20 and a bellpepper for .75. That's just unbelievable! Yes, the time is now to start your gardening!

I am thinking about going dairy free and as raw as possible for the next few weeks again and see how I go, if I see any marked differences like the last time I will let you all know....

Prepared to see me be more ratty than usual as I wean myself of the chocolate though.... :p

B

Isabella said:
Prepared to see me be more ratty than usual as I wean myself of the chocolate though.... :p B
we love your feisty self, but going w/out the big C is just plain crazy talk :D
moderation in all things ;)

steve said:
Isabella said:
Prepared to see me be more ratty than usual as I wean myself of the chocolate though.... :p B
we love your feisty self, but going w/out the big C is just plain crazy talk :D
moderation in all things ;)

You are totally right of course! What on earth was I thinking? :eek:

B

whew,
thought you was completely around the bend and that we had dun lost ya :!:

some may dissagree, but sanity aint all bad ;)

steve said:
whew,
thought you was completely around the bend and that we had dun lost ya :!:

some may dissagree, but sanity aint all bad ;)

:p

My sisterwife and I just started raw diet this week and I can already feel a big difference in how I feel thus far. I am feeling almost like a different person. I can only hope that the continued progress is a good one and working out in combination will help to lose weight and also get myself to a place of complete health.

i ran across this and just had to share it;
Save the earth............it is the only planet with chocolate!
:D ;)

steve said:

so....true..... :D

:lol:

steve said:
FINALLY! A worthy motivation. But be very, very quiet about it, or Al Gore will claim credit for the discovery of chocolate!

CecilW said:
steve said:
FINALLY! A worthy motivation. But be very, very quiet about it, or Al Gore will claim credit for the discovery of chocolate!
Not possible, I already did! :D
If more people ate raw, all natural foods without synthetic vitimins and artifical everything in them we'd be a lot healither, that's for sure. This comment conserned me though
Everything in the media today is geared to making Americans healthier.
:shock: :eek: Everything the media promotes is overprocessed, pre-packaged, artificaly jam packed with chemicals... there's nothing healthy about that!
IMHO, if I can't raise it or grow it in dirt then it's not "real food".

Back