• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General Refuting 119 ministries' Unbiblical Anti-Poly Video

But to delete everything? I wasn't a part of the conversation and haven't read every reply. Did she begin to turn around in any of her comments, or just go awol all of a sudden?
I have seen it happen before, with no warning. Usually it happens only after the individual has embarrassed themselves, and it seems to be a face-saving measure, but other times, they just get frustrated, thinking they won't change anybody's mind anyhow. I think it is when they realize that their inability to argue, makes the other side look so good, they would rather pretend that the debate didn't happen.

I have seen it happen before, with no warning. Usually it happens only after the individual has embarrassed themselves, and it seems to be a face-saving measure, but other times, they just get frustrated, thinking they won't change anybody's mind anyhow. I think it is when they realize that their inability to argue, makes the other side look so good, they would rather pretend that the debate didn't happen.
Turning over the chess board, knocking all the pieces off, and then going home when you are obviously losing the match? That's kid stuff.

Turning over the chess board, knocking all the pieces off, and then going home when you are obviously losing the match? That's kid stuff.
Indeed! I guess the next challenge for us, is how do we show that we are gracious winners. I am going to have to selectively delete some of my posts, and post an explanation for the ones that I selectively leave behind.

It has happened on our forums.

Surely not! :eek:
Sadly, the potential sisterwife I met here on the forum, when she gave up on her family ever accepting her desire to be part of our family, and broke all contact with us, deleted out of existence every post she ever wrote here.
I'm sure individual reasons would vary tremendously. Many might by 'flipping over the chessboard' throwing a tantrum, I believe my friend needed to look forward and get over thinking about what her heart wanted then. Her dad I'm sure approved of the single man she married. Deleting messages and closing that door helped her get there.
Edited to add....
The irony was not lost on me. Some flds feel trapped in poly. In her case it was the anti poly mother that caused her to 'decide' against even telling her parents she was thinking about it. The sensitive soul couldn't handle the ruckus and judgement, with no guarantee dad would bless her in marrying my hubby. He (her dad) believed it was biblical, but she feared he would find other things about our family to object to. Instead she told them she had 'decided it was not for her' and then had to live with that. It was not easy for her.

Last edited:
Looks like Christian C also went away.

Sadly, the potential sisterwife I met here on the forum, when she gave up on her family ever accepting her desire to be part of our family, and broke all contact with us, deleted out of existence every post she ever wrote here.
I'm sure individual reasons would vary tremendously. Many might by 'flipping over the chessboard' throwing a tantrum, I believe my friend needed to look forward and get over thinking about what her heart wanted then. Her dad I'm sure approved of the single man she married. Deleting messages and closing that door helped her get there.
That is so sad. When God brings a SW to us, I want to be in a position to help her family come to understand the truth.

That is so sad. When God brings a SW to us, I want to be in a position to help her family come to understand the truth.
I edited and might have just replied. We cross posted. It was the hardest thing emotionally I have ever been through. I'm glad she is married now. It's been 7 1/2 years.

I edited and might have just replied. We cross posted. It was the hardest thing emotionally I have ever been through. I'm glad she is married now. It's been 7 1/2 years.
That is a story the commenters on that video might benefit from, having a perspective on how harmful their objections really are.

That is a story the commenters on that video might benefit from, having a perspective on how harmful their objections really are.
Having shoehorned the Bible into an emotional argument, I doubt that they would be swayed by an emotional argument.

Whenever I hear refutations of the fact that Torah actually regulates it, the standard reply is that this verse actually outlaws it. It takes some twisting (pretzel style) to arrive at that conclusion, but it's a pretty common one.

This is one of those arguments that sounds good in isolation, when you're looking for reason to condemn poly. But when you look at all the other verses which do regulate it, or the King David incident, it just doesn't hold water.

I love digging into the language of scripture but it irks me when it is used as an excuse to handwave away the plain meaning of the text. Especially when doing so contradicts the context of the passage and the whole council of scripture.

This is one of those arguments that sounds good in isolation, when you're looking for reason to condemn poly. But when you look at all the other verses which do regulate it, or the King David incident, it just doesn't hold water.

I love digging into the language of scripture but it irks me when it is used as an excuse to handwave away the plain meaning of the text. Especially when doing so contradicts the context of the passage and the whole council of scripture.
I wouldn't concede on this verse, or even appear to do so, because if you jump off to other verses, you make them believe that they won on a critical argument, one which, in their mind, explicitly tells us that polygamy IS sin. Their argument is so easily refuted, based on how they have to make it appear as if Tosato is one of MANY scholars, and they do that, by bringing along another so-called scholar, who turns around and cites Tosato! Here is the work of Hugenberger, the other so-called scholar: http://eprints.glos.ac.uk/3339/1/292355.pdf, and you can see in his footnotes (p115 footnote 120), where he derives his source.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200218-033608.png
It was Julie Lourdes, and other then being adamantly opposed to poly I don't know if she had a motive.
after I read this after I read this today I went back and looked and also noticed....

View attachment 1586
after I read this after I read this today I went back and looked and also noticed....
That is kinda funny. They look like they are contradicting themselves. They have talked themselves into a corner and don't know how to explain their way out.

Well it looks like there's a few new anti poly women over on the YouTube channel.

Aubrey has started either ignoring posts directed at her, or randomly responding with puke face emojis. It's kinda sad when people resort to crap like that when they don't have a good argument, it just goes to show how far some people will go to try and give polygyny a bad name. Sort of a "throw everything you have at the wall and see what sticks" kind of mentality.

Back