• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General Refuting 119 ministries' Unbiblical Anti-Poly Video

I am also noticing that the silence from them in the replies section is deafening. They are not even attempting to refute what we are saying. It makes me wonder if whoever runs the youtube account knows we're right, and is deliberately allowing the erroneous video to be thoroughly shredded with truly Biblical arguments. The person who runs the youtube account is not necessarily the author of the video...

Throughout all this discussion I have been pointing people to three key resources. These are what I would recommend pointing them to, in the following order of priority.

1) The article Sarah just linked to. The point of this article is to meet people where they are, with the view normal Christians have, and overtly help them to see that their viewpoint needs to shift. I think it is an excellent starting point that opens people up to being willing to investigate further.

Yes, I'm the author, so I'm biased... But since I'm the author I have had many people contact me over the years stating that this article / booklet (it was originally a booklet) has helped them personally, which encourages me to recommend it as a starting point.

2) The "Common objections" article here https://biblicalfamilies.org/resources/biblical/common-objections
This article has been around since the early days of Biblical Families, and has proved its worth. It very efficiently cuts to the heart of each main reason people think polygamy is sin, and shows in a few short paragraphs why each view is faulty. I found it personally beneficial myself many years ago when I first found this place, and when we upgraded the website Andrew and I made a number of revisions to fix minor errors and add details it did not yet address. Whatever argument the reader personally takes as their "proof-text" that polygamy is sin will almost certainly be already addressed there. Again, this serves to open them up to the need to look into it further.

3) The thorough refutation shared by PeteR. Given it is a precise refutation of 119's own faulty opinions, it is the most important resource for them. However, they may not be open to even reading it yet. It is very long, because it is so comprehensive and good. But until someone actually thinks there is a reason to read it, they may give up before even starting.

Also, the arguments the person receiving your email think are conclusive may be different to the arguments made in this video - you're interacting with a team of different individuals. That is why I would prioritise the above summary articles first. Wherever the recipient of your email is at on this issue, and even if they have limited motivation to look into it, these articles will meet them where they are and quickly show that this needs to actually be investigated more closely.

Once someone is actually of an open mind and wants to find out the truth of why their views were flawed, then they will find it in this article. The other articles simply prepare the ground for this one.

I think it is the next level. The wrong doctrines need to be countered by people of faith.
I doubt many would care enough to put out effort to try and destroy. They lack truth, and that impacts their conviction level big time!
Kinda like the verse from our National Anthem that sings about how "No refuge could save the hireling and slave from the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave"

We have a superior weapon...TRUTH! :)

"Quit ye like men. Be strong." (King James)

"Fear not" appears enough times in the scripture to give us a different verse every day of the year telling us the same thing.

There is a prophesied famine happening now....not of bread, but of hearing the word of YHWH.

We know the truth of how our God sees marriage. Let's proclaim it to anyone willing to hear! The world needs truth, and all creation is waiting for the sons of Yah to be revealed. Real patriarchs inspire others. If Yah be for us, who can be against us? No weapon formed against you will prosper. So many encouraging things in His word. Encouraging things in our home too. This is on the wall.

Living faith.

Doubt sees the obstacles, faith sees the way.
Doubt sees the darkest night, faith sees the day.
Doubt fears to take one step, faith soars on high.
Doubt questions "Who believes?" Faith answers "I."

I pray Yah protects the good plural families.....but I know He already does too. ;)
Love love love!

People are going through and deleting posts all throughout the comments.
Samuels comment had about 65 responses, and now it is low 50's.

I responded to someone and then they removed their comment, so now it just makes me look like I am singling someone out for no reason.

*Edit* One of the main commenters went through and deleted every post she did as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
People are going through and deleting posts all throughout the comments.
Samuels comment had about 65 responses, and now it is low 50's.

I responded to someone and then they removed their comment, so now it just makes me look like I am singling someone out for no reason.

*Edit* One of the main commenters went through and deleted every post she did as far as I can tell.
That’s dirty.

But to delete everything? I wasn't a part of the conversation and haven't read every reply. Did she begin to turn around in any of her comments, or just go awol all of a sudden?

Incidentally, that common objections article actually misses the Leviticus 18:18 issue. I think it is so obvious that this is just talking about sisters that nobody has thought to address it before...
Lev 18:18 appears to be the crux of their argument, but they have to rely on this Roman Catholic, Angelo Tosato, and his erroneous claim that the Qumran community translated that verse this way, in order to sell it. Destroy that pillar and the whole house of cards seems to crumble.

Back