• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Secular arguments against poly

I'll see you and call.

I'll see your argument and raise you.... Are you saying most American Christians aren't manifestly unChristian?

Jesus said there would be many saying Lord, Lord on judgement day. They are either Christians or not Christians. What you are referring to might better be termed tares, 'wannabes', or false converts. Yes, we all need to grow in sanctification and continue to mature in our walk but many aren't truly saved and their lack of fruit shows the reality of their condition.

Last edited:
Check this out if you want to get geeky with numbers.
You gotta love the Quiver full movement. 'Be fruitful and multiply." Ultimately, that is what is at the heart of all this. Of course, I have proposed that if all the godly men married the all the women and didn't leave hardly any for the remaining men, even in the church, who are not godly, we could turn this nation around in one generation. Those men should die childless. From a practical perspective, however, many women today are not cut out for this, especially when it comes to submitting to the authority of their husbands.

Check this out if you want to get geeky with numbers.

Thanks! That thread is the ultimate smack down to the whole 'not enough women' canard.

Those men should die childless.

For the longest time I never liked that perspective. It didn't seem loving to set up a system in which some men couldn't get wives. But I was being nice, not loving. Competition is not just a fact of biology, it is a necessity for maintaining the genetic health of the population.

And if our society embraces virtue by having large families and marrying slightly younger women there will be enough women for those who seek it.

And besides, hard monogamy in a society where more men than women die and some men don't want to marry means we relegate some women to involuntary spinsterhood. It cuts both ways.

I have proposed that if all the godly men married the all the women and didn't leave hardly any for the remaining men, even in the church, who are not godly, we could turn this nation around in one generation. Those men should die childless.
And besides, hard monogamy in a society where more men than women die and some men don't want to marry means we relegate some women to involuntary spinsterhood. It cuts both ways.
I completely agree and just wanted to add that there are also plenty of men out in the world that shouldn't even be near a woman let alone the head of one. However monogamy-only allows these evil men to marry because all the good men are "taken" and so some woman feel they have to settle and marry these monogamy-only leftovers.

and so some woman feel they have to settle and marry these monogamy-only leftovers.
as the lady said: “Men are like parking spaces, all the good ones are taken and all that are left are the handicapped.”

as the lady said: “Men are like parking spaces, all the good ones are taken and all that are left are the handicapped.”

A reflection of the fact that, these parking spaces get a vote too.

Several very negative videos have been posted lately and I strongly object to being subjected to it on this, a support site for Christians who believe in all forms of Biblical marriage.

You don't have to view them @steve if you don't want to. But in case you're not aware we do live in a fallen world and basically the world around us is negative and these videos could be a way to see how positive our world is compared to what's out there. It seems the videos in question were posted in their correct place. Maybe we should do away with the categories. Or we could just pretend it's not out there.

You don't have to view them @steve if you don't want to. But in case you're not aware we do live in a fallen world and basically the world around us is negative and these videos could be a way to see how positive our world is compared to what's out there. It seems the videos in question were posted in their correct place. Maybe we should do away with the categories. Or we could just pretend it's not out there.
I withdraw my objection to this video in that it is posted in a thread that discusses negative issues about poly.

I completely agree and just wanted to add that there are also plenty of men out in the world that shouldn't even be near a woman let alone the head of one. However monogamy-only allows these evil men to marry because all the good men are "taken" and so some woman feel they have to settle and marry these monogamy-only leftovers.
Amen!

Thanks for posting this. The pro-poly comments were interesting. It's always nice seeing reasoned pro-poly comments on anti-poly articles/posts.

Regarding abuse, if polygamy was not a crime I believe that more victims would come forward and report the abuse. The article is also written from a POV that all polygamist are FLDS types. Yet, the secularist rarely ever discusses the legal loopholes that allow a grown man to sleep with an underage girl and evade child rape charges through child marriage. As long as he has the parents consent, he can legally marry the girl and have relations with her. Some states set this age limit as young as 12 or 13.

This is an interesting argument but the whole traditional saying by pro monogamists is that "Their is somebody for everybody". I personally think that some men and women should't get married. Some people don't want to marry and have children. What is a good counterargument against this notion that their is "Somebody for everybody"? Some men are abusive and don't treat women right and the same applies to women as well.

https://www.elitedaily.com/dating/t...r-or-not-there-is-someone-for-everyone/608721

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/love-digitally/201605/is-there-someone-everyone

Back