• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Seeeking Sister Wife (Season 2) - Monday January 20th on TLC

cnystrom

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Seeking Sister Wife season 2 starts a week from today, Monday January 20th on TLC. 2 of the three families will be back and they are adding two new families. I know one of the families is fundamentalist Mormon (which is not the same thing as FLDS).

The other family is the McGee family (Bernie and Paige). Looking at their Facebook pages I see that we have a number of friends in common. Further I can see that the friends we do have in common are all Christians, not Mormons, so perhaps this will be the first straight Christian family on the show? Does anyone know them?

Here is thier bio:

"After a fire destroyed their Brandon, Mississippi house, Paige and Bernie moved with their two young sons and two dogs into a tiny mobile camper. Rather than letting it get them down, the McGees seize this as an opportunity to embrace a fresh start. Bernie and Paige were previously seeking a sister wife for several years, but their previous attempts sparked jealousy in Paige. After taking a break from the search, they are now ready to dust the cobwebs off their dating profile and put themselves back on the market! Their foray into online dating yields a promising candidate named Brandy, and they seem to be on a fast track to plural harmony, until Paige's jealousy returns and threatens their hope of ever expanding the McGee tribe."

The other new family is the Windor family (Colton, Tami and Sophie)

Here is their bio:

"First wife, Tami, and second wife, Sophie, have developed a harmonious way of splitting Colton's time despite living in two separate but nearby communities in Southern Utah. They all find common ground in their fundamentalist Mormon beliefs, but were excommunicated from the church for practicing polygamy. Although Colton and Tami have been married to Sophie for about a year, the trio has yet to expose themselves as polygamists to the public. They encounter obstacles and supporters in unexpected places as they begin to test the waters of being openly plural. After struggling to find someone that meets the criteria they are looking for in a sister wife, the Winders finally find a prospect who is interested in the family, but she is not interested in revealing herself to the world as being plural. This presents a stark reminder about the perils of being openly polygamous and they are forced to make a decision: should they push forward in their attempts to go public and hopefully normalize their lifestyle, while risking losing someone that could be the next member of their family?"

one of the families is fundamentalist Mormon (which is not the same thing as FLDS).
Yeah, "fundamentalist" among Mormons generally means polygamist or at least holding a worldview dominated by ideas developed by and under Brigham Young, while the FLDS are just one of the more cultish groups among these fundamentalists.
Colton and Tami have been married to Sophie for about a year
I wonder if Tami would say she's married to Sophie, or if that bio is just another instance of somebody mistaking polygamy for group marriage.

I wonder if Tami would say she's married to Sophie, or if that bio is just another instance of somebody mistaking polygamy for group marriage.

I saw that it. Of course if they are married then that would be group marriage and not traditional polygamy. However, it looked to me like something someone outside of polygamy gets confused about. I guess we can watch the show and see if it gets clarrified.

Last edited:
I've been watching My 5 Wives. I am amazed at how little the wives know about eachother. I would want "her" to be my best friend. It may not always work out that way but sure would make life in a poly marriage so much better. I don't have cable or satellite tv so share what you can about this new tv show.

I've been watching My 5 Wives. I am amazed at how little the wives know about eachother. I would want "her" to be my best friend. It may not always work out that way but sure would make life in a poly marriage so much better. I don't have cable or satellite tv so share what you can about this new tv show.

For whatever reason, I never really got around to watching that one. That is practically the only show that I know of that I have not watched.

Seeking Sister Wives was a trainwreck in season 1. No one found a sister wife (not surprising) and I do not think it made polygamy look that good. Still I like to see the families wrestle with the challenges and the decisions that they make.

Last edited:
share what you can about this new tv show.
My Five Wives ran for two seasons (2013–2014). It was a great show. Catch it online or re-runs or whatever if you can.

Thoughts of Kody Brown's family make my chest tighten; it relaxes when I think of Brady Williams and his peaceful home. (FWIW, the Williams family left the Mormon polygamist sect they'd been in for all or most of their lives, a group which pretty much owned the area where they were living, so part of the show is about their hunt for a new home.) And I'm not surprised the show had a limited run — they're normal folk and not attention-seekers.

In fact, I'm glad they stopped. I sought out a man who had been the subject of a reality TV show and he told me it was very hard on his family and even messed with his head. The life of the Williams family looked really good and peaceful and they jealously protected that; I'm not surprised Brady would decide to limit involvement with making TV. They gave us plenty.

My ex, who is not a fan of polygamy, feels the way I do about these shows; we enjoyed My Five Wives together.

Seeking Sister Wife ... we haven't been drawn enough to watch any of that show.

Seems like reality TV's renchant for drama can be more damaging than helpful both to the 'actors' and the viewers.

EPISODE 3 SPOILERS

Season started slow. Finally a few things are happening.

Aldridges - Nice picnic. Nice date. I still think that she does not seem like the polygamy type or that she would fit in their family. It looks like a cultural clash to me. Preview hints at future problems.

Snowdens - Candidate seems very nice. He seems like he is over compensating for his failures from season one. It is good that he learned his lesson, though. The kids are adorable. It was cute how sad they were when she was leaving. It will be interesting to see how they handle the dietary issue.

Winders - Cute little family. Going out in public seemed like no problem at all. They even met another polygamist which emphasizes that there are more around than you realize. There does not seem to be any conflict in their story so far.

McGees - Happy that they moved out of a camper and into a house. I think if I was expecting another wife I would have bunked the boys together and set up a guest bedroom. It still looks pretty rocky for them. She seems like an emotional minefield. She seems ok with it as long as it goes exactly they way she wants. Just because it is her idea, does not mean that she is ready for it. It looks like problems ahead which previews seem to confirm.

Several families seem matriarchal to me. It is like he has to get permission from her to make a decision or move ahead. I think that will be problematic when and if another woman moves in. If first wife continues to get her way with everything second wife will feel like a second class citizen. It reminds me of the Mark Twain quote about serving two masters. I really think you have to fully embrace patriarchy before you can take on and expect to be successful with polygyny.

Last edited:
We started watching this too. I'm wondering where do they find all these potentials?

It is clear that at least some of the families are using a polygamy online dating site. I have been unable to confirm it, but I think it is sisterwives.com (sisterwives.net). I suspect that the production company has a deal with the web site to help them match up.

It is on The Learning Channel (TLC) here. Not sure what they have in NZ.

I thought this last episode of Sister Wives (last weekend, not tonght) was paticularly good. Kody was doing some leadership.

Back