• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat So You Don’t Have A Gun....

The Revolting Man

Staff member
Real Person
Male
First off, that’s not okay. This is a Christian forum and we take God’s Words seriously, especially the Ultimate Word, Jesus. He commanded us to acquire infantry style weapons. Do not whine at me soyboy. Take it up with Him.

But you haven’t obeyed your Lord and Savior up to this point and suddenly are feeling convicted. Great. I’m here for you.

Jesus didn’t just instruct His disciples to buy a generic sword. He told them to get the gladius, the AR-15 of it’s day. Maybe you’re not ready to take that plunge yet though and want to stop short of America’s rifle. Here are some helpful tips.

Do not buy a handgun! They’re difficult to be effective with and lack major capabilities you want and you probably can’t carry them “legally”.

The 12 gauge shotgun is a fantastic choice and pump action examples can be fired with reduced power shells for newbies, women and soyboy who think Jesus was a nice guy pacifist. Try to get one with a detachable box magazine. This setup will handle the vast majority of situations.

If you plan to use a .22 first remember my first point, no handguns, and then you NEED to have a semi-automatic with several high capacity magazines. There are several good ones just stick with a name brand rifle and magazines. The Ruger 10/22 with BX magazines are the most common example.

Do consider a lever action chambered in a pistol caliber like .357 magnum. They are shockingly effective out to a hundred yards and can hold up to 11 rounds in a very non threatening package. Make sure you get one with a “King’s gate” or loading gate in the receiver. They allow for single round “top off” reloading and are much safer.

Your best bet is probably a carbine chambered in 9mm. There are a lot of them So do your research. Anything labeled “AR-9” could be a crapshoot. Some of them are very good and some of them are spotty.

You and you alone are responsible for the safety of your family and you need a firearm. Please message me if you have other questions. @Verifyveritas76 is also very knowledgeable on this topic and I am sure he would help out as well.

Or you could just man up and go buy and AR-15 and start amassing a minimum of a sling, seven magazines and 300 rounds of ammunition. That’s a combat load plus a little extra for training, the bare minimum George Washington thought was necessary to consider yourself and American man. @FollowingHim is free to choose whatever godless weirdness the Europeans have foisted upon him. Peace through strength!

Last edited:
I highly recommend the beachin tactical speed sling. Hands down the best sling I’ve used. The guy who makes them is a Christian and a veteran and he makes them by hand and they are worth every penny.

Good post if all you're thinking about is "what rifle/shotgun should I buy", but there's far more to this issue than that question.
Do not buy a handgun! They’re difficult to be effective with and lack major capabilities you want and you probably can’t carry them “legally”.
The best weapon is the one you have with you. Yes, you might not be able to carry a handgun legally - but you also can't carry a long gun practically. You're not going to buy your food at the supermarket with a shotgun slung on your back. Well, @The Revolting Man might, but he'd scare the ladies a bit and in many places would risk getting arrested depending on the local regulations (I wouldn't try that over here). That shotgun or lever-action might be the perfect home defence weapon, but if you're caught by surprise in a riot in your local town, they're no help to you as they're at home, or at best in your car on the other side of the rioting hooligans.

In a real-world situation, whatever weapons you might have in a safe at home, you're likely to find you're actually armed with your fists, and maybe some oddments (car keys, a stone, a pocket knife...). Top priority is to know how to use those weapons.
Or you could just man up and go buy and AR-15 and start amassing a minimum of a sling, seven magazines and 300 rounds of ammunition. That’s a combat load plus a little extra for training, the bare minimum George Washington thought was necessary to consider yourself and American man.
Do not rely on the sort of guns that the left has labelled "assault weapons". They'll be made illegal soon. Sure, you can say "I'll never hand in my guns". But even if you keep them, you cannot use them. An illegal weapon is almost useless for defending your family, as you can only present it once before it is confiscated and you go to jail (leaving your family to fend for themselves). You only have one chance to use it, so you cannot risk using it ever. You cannot carry it in public, it would have to stay hidden at all times, which means its only possible use is as a very last resort home defence (knowing you'll be in jail by the evening). The ONLY time it could be useful is if you're forming an army and fighting the government, in which case you're all illegal anyway and the law becomes irrelevant. But short of that, an illegal gun is basically useless. You'd probably find it better to hand it in for whatever crumbs of compensation may be available and replace it with something that's still legal - losing money in the process.

So don't buy the best gun you can within the bounds of existing law. If you're near the maximum of what is allowed in the law today, your gun will be banned tomorrow and you'll need to buy something else to protect the family with.

Boring weapons are better (such as @The Revolting Man's earlier suggestions, which are good), as they'll be the last weapons banned and therefore the ones you can actually use for the longest. Assume any upcoming firearms restrictions will be more severe than you expect, and be more boring than that. I'd add weapons that are not firearms to that list - hunting bows, crossbows, high powered airguns etc.

The more boring you are, the easier it is to be the gray man, and avoid becoming a target.

But more important than weapons are other people. Due to our beliefs in polygamy, we risk being isolated and seeing ourselves as a one-man patriarchal hero who will defend our family alone. That is impossible. You will only survive violence with other men standing beside you. And better a group of strong friends armed with clubs than you standing alone with the perfect gun. Seriously, this is the time we need to be repairing relationships with others in our local churches and communities so that we can stand strong together. That is far more important than buying the perfect gun.

Well said @FollowingHim! I would also add now is the time to draw as close to YHVH as possible and deepen your relationship with Him. When we're out of ammo, or find ourselves separated from a "long-distance" weapon, calling fire from Heaven may be an option (just an example). As we approach the latter days, we will see a return of greater miracles and wonders and our King protecting His people.
I'm not saying we don't need firearms, because we do (modern day sword) but I am saying what good is having a weapon if one isn't fully and totally trusting the King? Is not the battle His anyway?
Just a thought...

Assume any upcoming firearms restrictions will be more severe than you expect
On that note - the gun laws here, supposedly aimed at semi-automatic "assault rifles", included bans on magazine sizes. This made many tubular magazine guns illegal, even though they were not semi-automatic, because the magazine could not be swapped for a smaller one. That meant many lever-action and pump-action rifles and shotguns, not just semiautomatics, especially those in .22 and pistol calibers, exactly the guns @The Revolting Man has recommended (rightly, otherwise). Massive numbers of very normal guns were suddenly illegal.

At least one man who wrote a submission to the government on the bill pointing out that this stupidly made tubular magazine rifles illegal, giving as an example a little lever-action .22 he owned, had his house raided by the police once the law was passed on the evidence of his own submission.

Be prepared for surprises.

@FollowingHim have you ever thought that maybe the attitude of “but what if they ban it?” Is why NZ citizens have pretty much given up their right to self defense?

You’re not hearing about it on the news, because it doesn’t fit the narrative, but a lot of smaller American town’s citizens have run the commies out of their towns before they were able to break anything. They did so by open carrying AR-15s and being ready to use them to stop criminals.

Get an AR, learn how to shoot it in self defense, then nut up and carry it when the need arises.

Last edited:
Good post if all you're thinking about is "what rifle/shotgun should I buy", but there's far more to this issue than that question.

The best weapon is the one you have with you. Yes, you might not be able to carry a handgun legally - but you also can't carry a long gun practically. You're not going to buy your food at the supermarket with a shotgun slung on your back. Well, @The Revolting Man might, but he'd scare the ladies a bit and in many places would risk getting arrested depending on the local regulations (I wouldn't try that over here). That shotgun or lever-action might be the perfect home defence weapon, but if you're caught by surprise in a riot in your local town, they're no help to you as they're at home, or at best in your car on the other side of the rioting hooligans.

In a real-world situation, whatever weapons you might have in a safe at home, you're likely to find you're actually armed with your fists, and maybe some oddments (car keys, a stone, a pocket knife...). Top priority is to know how to use those weapons.

Do not rely on the sort of guns that the left has labelled "assault weapons". They'll be made illegal soon. Sure, you can say "I'll never hand in my guns". But even if you keep them, you cannot use them. An illegal weapon is almost useless for defending your family, as you can only present it once before it is confiscated and you go to jail (leaving your family to fend for themselves). You only have one chance to use it, so you cannot risk using it ever. You cannot carry it in public, it would have to stay hidden at all times, which means its only possible use is as a very last resort home defence (knowing you'll be in jail by the evening). The ONLY time it could be useful is if you're forming an army and fighting the government, in which case you're all illegal anyway and the law becomes irrelevant. But short of that, an illegal gun is basically useless. You'd probably find it better to hand it in for whatever crumbs of compensation may be available and replace it with something that's still legal - losing money in the process.

So don't buy the best gun you can within the bounds of existing law. If you're near the maximum of what is allowed in the law today, your gun will be banned tomorrow and you'll need to buy something else to protect the family with.

Boring weapons are better (such as @The Revolting Man's earlier suggestions, which are good), as they'll be the last weapons banned and therefore the ones you can actually use for the longest. Assume any upcoming firearms restrictions will be more severe than you expect, and be more boring than that. I'd add weapons that are not firearms to that list - hunting bows, crossbows, high powered airguns etc.

The more boring you are, the easier it is to be the gray man, and avoid becoming a target.

But more important than weapons are other people. Due to our beliefs in polygamy, we risk being isolated and seeing ourselves as a one-man patriarchal hero who will defend our family alone. That is impossible. You will only survive violence with other men standing beside you. And better a group of strong friends armed with clubs than you standing alone with the perfect gun. Seriously, this is the time we need to be repairing relationships with others in our local churches and communities so that we can stand strong together. That is far more important than buying the perfect gun.
There is some good here but you absolutely can go to the grocery store with a long gun strapped to your back in many U.S. states. Georgia is one of them. Certainly I was speaking about home defense but more specifically home defense for people with no firearms training. These people should not have a handgun. And if enough people have the “scary” guns banning them becomes very difficult. Get the best gun you can and let tomorrow take care of itself. Sufficient to the day are the evils thereof.

Back