• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Summer Retreat 2012

Doc

Real Person
Yes folks, it is just around the corner!! Are you ready?

Are there any special topics or issues you would like to discuss? We are making preparation for the upcoming retreat, and want to know how we can best serve those who are participating.

Blessings, and hope to see you there!

Doc

Agreed.

Particularly in the area of leading a daily family worship time.

Once or twice a day? How long? Order of service? When? How to adapt to today's fast paced culture, differing schedules, etc.

Dealing with teenagers who announce that they don't share your beliefs and don't want to be coerced into your religious practices, or worse, refuse to abide by your standards, when you say to turn off the TV, what they get into online, etc.

Any tips for SUCCESSFULLY dealing with them if you have a blended home situation and wifey feels free to stand by her kids against your authority.

A related area would be that of imparting a husband or father's blessing.

And just how perfectly disciplined, and physically healthy, and ... and ... and ... does one man need to be before he DESERVES the respect of his family? Particularly if his nature is rather bohemian and does not adapt well to daily routine?

I appreciate the ideas, and always looking for more. I think that we are using "Renewing The Covenant" as a theme for the retreat.

Any other suggestions or topics for discussion?

Doc

I ditto the leading. I read Maxwell and others in an attempt to challenge the way I think about leadership, and have determined that I have a lot more to learn. Would be particularly interested in a discussion around the mutual submission mentioned in Ephesians.

Reading the newsletter, the theme sounds really fascinating and I wish we could make it.

Okay, everyone.....the summer retreat is less than three weeks away! Time to start checking in!

Give a shout if you will be there!

I WILL!! WHOOHOO!

Doc

I will be there, too and looking forward to seeing old friends and creating new ones. Also, looking forward to seeing the returning children and how they have grown since seeing them last.

i would be risking getting tarred and feathered if i did NOT show up.
and julie would slap me :D

on the positive side, i am really looking forward to spending time with some old friends, meeting some new ones who would remain unmet were it not for the bender clan's organizational skills, and..........OH YES, one of those lifechanging events that involves committment :!: :? :D ;)

steve said:
i would be risking getting tarred and feathered if i did NOT show up.
and julie would slap me :D

Julie ain't the only one! :lol:

dang, there is a line forming and i have not even failed to show up yet!!

I've got a good feeling about this retreat....I think it's gonna be a GOOD one!~

Doc

:roll: ...and all it took, Doc, to generate this good feeling was a line forming to slap Steve? :eek: Weird! Plus, I'm feeling left out. No-one has offered to slap me! :?

Looks like Chaplains Cajun Rose aka Chaplains Rose and I will finally get to make one after missing so many since the first one in Dallas. Gonna be a long drive from the Black Bayou, but we will be there. See y'all then.

DaPastor and I plan to be there too.
It has been so very long. I can't wait to see everyone and meet everyone.

Lissa

Back