• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Summer Retreat 2012

We are also going to the retreat and we are so excited. And it is going to be really great meeting Chaplain's crew and seeing R and L again after these last several years.

This retreat is going to be awesome, just like all the others. :!:

Just a little over two weeks away....time to start shaking the trees and the bushes to see who else we can get to come out!

It's gonna be a good crowd!

Doc

DocInKorea said:
...time to start shaking the trees ...

Shake the TREES? I'm starting to shake -- with excitement! Retreats are ALWAYS so gooooood! :D

Actually, the ground under the trees is pretty full - and pretty soon we'll be stashing them in a nearby hotel, or asking strangers to 'double up'. :)
To borrow a saying: We're on Highway '50', headed north. (That's just the adults.)

I'm looking forward to meeting our biggest set of new folks in quite a while. (Oh, and seeing all you guys too. :) )

Well I'm very excited too, it will be great to meet many of you in person at last. Typing and telephones just aren't the same. Only a fortnight away now...

If I get the new job I interview for on Monday, we may all be able to come. If not, then I might be able to come or I might just take another day off and not sleep one night, driving straight through. Anyway, it looks like we can pull it off as this seems our only option to meet you all in person in the next year or so. I can't imagine waiting any longer, so keep us in prayer. The Lord knows what He wants us to do, He can open doors and provide the timing and everything else we need. Now, we wait upon the Lord... with patience? OK, so we need some work on the patience thing :eek:

I made reservations today. Yippee!! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

Oh, by the way, I am unemployed for the weekend, starting my new job on Monday.

SweetLissa

Just filled in the "I promise I'm not a terrorist, please let me in" US customs forms. Big brother says I can come in, which is rather nice of him. So I'm ready!

I ask this every retreat, so I will ask again: What would you like to hear discussed at the upcoming summer retreat?

It looks like I will be sharing a bit about our journey (out of the favor of mainstream Christianity and our commending church) in one of the sessions. I hope to have some great edifying discussions with my brothers and sisters in Christ about anything the Lord prompts us to discuss. I hope to hear some practical teaching on my role as a father, have times of worship and prayer, and enjoy time with all the families attending.

We will be on a whirlwind tour, driving from Maine on Thursday and Friday, attending the retreat, and bailing out Sunday after lunch to arrive in Richmond, KY at a friend's home. Will then get a few hours of sleep before driving the 20 hours back to Maine.

It isn't going to be restful, but I pray it will be fun! How to fit in time to talk to Nathan, Doc, Cecil, Steve, and Samuel along with all the others I will get to meet, I have an idea I won't sleep much. Ah, we can sleep later. Retreats don't happen every week, and we are happy to be able to talk openly about things without having our heads shot off!

oh yeah, I almost forgot...I need to schedule sleep into the mix....

Doc

DocInKorea said:
oh yeah, I almost forgot...I need to schedule sleep into the mix....

Naaaaaw! Just stock the ice chests with red bull, monster, 6-hour energy, frappacino ...

For those who are staying through Sunday night, we will be reserving rooms at the Knoxville General Hospital Psych Eval ward for those who are already hallucinating.

For those who are afraid of the Big Bad Wolf, green spiders and pink elephants, we will be saving on lodging costs by providing beds where attendees can sleep in shifts.

Bwaaaaa-ha-ha-ha-ha! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Given that I've got a total of around 49 hours of plane rides there and back, plus stopovers, I'll just sleep on the aeroplanes. Average that over a 6 day trip (how long I'm taking in total including travel) and it's over 8 hours a day. So statistically there's no need for me to sleep at the retreat at all. Sleep at retreats is for sissies. :D

been lookin forward to it since dec. 29 :D ;)

Hmmmmm.....

I wonder why? ;)

So is this an east coast retreat?

Nope. It's a "get there however you can" retreat, with attendees from as far away as California, Korea, and New Zealand!!!

Y'all come on down! :lol:

Wait, Steve is coming :shock: :? I don't know if we want to come with this new information....

I was thinking the wedding was later in the day. If you will still put up with us, we hope to stay for the wedding but have to go soon thereafter. Steve, give love and greetings from our family to the ladies. ;)

Cow fam said:
If you will still put up with us, we hope to stay for the wedding ..........

"We"........I though it was just you Mark? Does this mean the whole family is going?

Back