• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Ultra Orthodox Messianic Judaism Synagogue?

Ultra Orthodox Messianic Judaism Synagogue? Do you seek a Truly Biblical Place of Worship?

• Total voters
Why are you comfortable with the name "Joshua"?

Joshua is also NOT the name of either the military leader of Israel or the Messiah. Their names were "יְהוֹשׁוּעַ". Joshua is a very poor transliteration into English - and Jesus is also a very poor transliteration into English. Neither sounds like the original Hebrew pronunciation.

I personally don't think that matters, an omniscient God knows what we mean when we speak in any language. But if you're going to be pedantic about it, you seem to be being very inconsistent - you seem to only object to the name Jesus, while being completely happy with every other bad transliteration.

What is it specifically about the name Jesus that you find repulsive?

Or is it not the name, but the person whom you have a problem with?
Jesus is not a translation directly into english and why not have The Book of Jesus instead of Joshua in The Old Testament? Because it was something they wanted to make it seem to be a different name. I never said I would use Joshua, I said why don't they use its a direct translation.
Even though he believes it okay to use Jesus he tells us its lost it meaning and he does not feel is some magical word yet The Bible has "9 Wherefore G-d also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of G-d the Father."

We must return to Our Heavenly Father and Learn His Ways and not ours and if this is True then only One Name Has Power and saying it does not have Power means this is a lie. I believe all of The Churches expect a small few are and have been fallen and unless we wake up and Return to how Our Father wants us we are all Lost! Expect a few.

How Yeshua became Jesus (Greek Jesus vs Hebrew Yeshua) | UNLEARN the lies​

Philippians 2:9-11​

KJV

9 Wherefore G-d also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of G-d the Father.

They believe that Yahshua is the son of YHWH, and that his life, death, burial, and resurrection provide salvation. They believe that after persons repent of their sins, they should be baptized in the name of Yahshua.

You don't mind using a nickname for him that has no Power that is up to you.

What I dislike about English translations is they translate iesous differently. Iseous is translated to Joshua not Jesus. The better English rendering of iseous is Joshua. English translators added their bias. Yeshua is Aramaic. Joshua would be English. Yahoshua hebrew.
why the sigma at the end of Ἰησοῦ?

Jesus is not a translation directly into english
Jesus is a translation directly into English - from the New Testament source documents, which are all in Greek (even if some were originally Hebrew, the ones we have are Greek). When those documents are directly translated into English, the name of the Son - written as Iesous in Greek - became Iesus in English (which is almost identical). That I was later switched to a J for completely unrelated reasons (typographical conventions changing).

Given Jesus was living in a culture where Greek was the dominant international trade language and a very common tongue of many people day-to-day, he probably spoke Greek fluently and was probably called both Yeshua and Iesous interchangeably depending on who was speaking to him.

And given the source documents we have, which all call him Iesous, we actually have far more evidence for his name being pronounced "Iesous" than we have for it being pronounced "Yeshua".

I grew up in Colombia, South America, though I was born in Atlanta, GA to American citizen parents that were English only speakers. My given (official) name, as on my birth certificate, the name my mama calls me is Peter.

Today, most people call me Pete, though ocassionally i'll be in a Spanish circle and I'll introduce myself as Pedro or Pedrito, the name I was called in SA.

I answer to all and I know when someone is calling on my name. Pronunciation or correct spelling is not significant unless someone is willfully trying to disparage me.

Just because someone has a lisp, speech impediment, language barrier, deaf, or mute does not disqualify them from my attention, help, or friendship. How much moreso is the Lord of all the earth who condescended until death willing to hear their cries?

SELAH!

Back