• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What if Adam and Eve never ate from The Tree of Life?

AbrahamSolomon

Real Person
Male
What if Adam and Eve never ate from The Tree of Life?
What if there was nothing to trick them into eating The fruit of Good and Evil?
Why was The Tree of Good and Evil in Eden?

If there was no Sin there would be no need of a Savior and no need for Our Hamashiach!
Our Creation was all Planned and Everything was Known before Time itself as Nothing is a mystery to Hashem.

The Book of Job. I believe if you want to know G-d this is a must read or watch.

G-d Does what He wants, when He wants and How He wants and because He is G-d it is Perfect in Every Way!

I'm not sure there would be a Bible for us/them, Adam and Eve only had kids after they fell.

In Genesis 1:27-28 God tells the people He created to 'be fruitful and multiply'. This was before they were ejected from the Garden of Eden so it stands to reason that Adam and Eve were going to have kids anyway.

In Genesis 1:27-28 God tells the people He created to 'be fruitful and multiply'. This was before they were ejected from the Garden of Eden so it stands to reason that Adam and Eve were going to have kids anyway.
I hear and I ask how can something age if it can't die?
If a baby is being made how does it form inside its mother?
Both Adam and Eve was has complete and could not age.
I know that verse has {be fruitful and multiply'} but was it possible till they fell?
I think its was planned and so they did as they had been meant to do.

Are you talking about the tree of knowledge of good and evil? Because we aren’t told they ate from the tree of life.

Are you talking about the tree of knowledge of good and evil? Because we aren’t told they ate from the tree of life.
You are correct, that was typo.

I know that verse has {be fruitful and multiply'} but was it possible till they fell?

God did not plan for Adam and Eve to disobey Him. Were this so then God was deceiving them by asserting that He expected their obedience and further that God designed them to fail.

Sorry, no. God is not a deceiver. Not ever.

I hear and I ask how can something age if it can't die?
If a baby is being made how does it form inside its mother?
Both Adam and Eve was has complete and could not age.
You are making false assumptions about biology and then jumping to wrong conclusions.

The process of "growth" and the process of "ageing" are completely different. Something can grow without ageing, and age without growing.

Growth is the multiplication of cells, the creation of new cells.
Ageing is the slowing down of the multiplication of cells, and the gradual decay of existing cells, until the system no longer functions. Essentially the opposite of growth.

These two processes are clearly separated in trees. A tree that can coppice will grow to a desired size, then be cut down, and regrow from the base. In this state it remains perpetually juvenile, and can live for many centuries - as far as we know, can live forever - without ever ageing. But leave the same tree uncut for a few hundred years and it will die of old age, through different processes.

So Adam and Eve's children could grow to a mature size - but never age.

The only problem, eventually, would be overpopulation. But that has many, many potential solutions both practical and miraculous, God would have had a plan for that.

God did not plan for Adam and Eve to disobey Him. Were this so then God was deceiving them by asserting that He expected their obedience and further that God designed them to fail.

So God was blind to possibility that Adam and Eve do sin? Is God suprised by our mistakes?

Or are they part of plan?

So God was blind to possibility that Adam and Eve do sin? Is God suprised by our mistakes?

Yes and yes.

God created Adam and Eve. He gave them free will. And He was both surprised and disappointed that they chose to sin.

He is still surprised and disappointed with our sins. Even after God sent us Jesus who died for our sins we still fall short.

Yes and yes.

God created Adam and Eve. He gave them free will. And He was both surprised and disappointed that they chose to sin.

He is still surprised and disappointed with our sins. Even after God sent us Jesus who died for our sins we still fall short.
He is zero suprised.

Free will means ability to choose sin (in this context). God can see all our options including sinful ones or He isn't all-knowing.

I would say G-d Knew they would disobey and that there was no other way forward.
The Problem lies with is G-d All-Knowing? If not then G-d was unaware of it then that would make sense.
There are verses that seem to say G-d did not Know or expect something to happen.

Do we have free will or is everything Known of G-d?
You can't have free will and G-d Knowing Everything.

I look forward to hear what people think.

You are making false assumptions about biology and then jumping to wrong conclusions.

The process of "growth" and the process of "ageing" are completely different. Something can grow without ageing, and age without growing.

Growth is the multiplication of cells, the creation of new cells.
Ageing is the slowing down of the multiplication of cells, and the gradual decay of existing cells, until the system no longer functions. Essentially the opposite of growth.

These two processes are clearly separated in trees. A tree that can coppice will grow to a desired size, then be cut down, and regrow from the base. In this state it remains perpetually juvenile, and can live for many centuries - as far as we know, can live forever - without ever ageing. But leave the same tree uncut for a few hundred years and it will die of old age, through different processes.

So Adam and Eve's children could grow to a mature size - but never age.

The only problem, eventually, would be overpopulation. But that has many, many potential solutions both practical and miraculous, God would have had a plan for that.
Yes we all have Assumptions on this topic, but your assumption are possible.
I have heard in Heaven we will be a Perfect Age or Maturity but that is also Assumptions and possible.

I enjoyed your reply.

Or are they part of plan?

This is my point, but I enjoy us talking about it.

Yes and yes.

That is the problem our All Knowing G-d was surprised and disappointed?
If G-d Knows everything nothing would surprised and disappointed Him as He was The Only Being to have place it in motion.

G-d Knows when we are to be born and when we will die, He Gives Life and Takes Life and even Knows where we will be after.

He is zero suprised.

Free will means ability to choose sin (in this context). God can see all our options including sinful ones or He isn't all-knowing.

Can a man be saved if G-d had not already Known it?
Can a man lose his salvation if G-d Believed him saved?

I Believe everything is exactly The Way G-d Designed it.

Last edited:
Start with what God tells us. It is written, Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure' (Isaiah 46:9-10).

And again, Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved (Eph. 1:3-6).

God knew Adam and Eve would sin. There cannot be surprises to God or 100% accurate prophecy would not be impossible.

Start with what God tells us. It is written, Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure' (Isaiah 46:9-10).

And again, Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved (Eph. 1:3-6).

God knew Adam and Eve would sin. There cannot be surprises to God or 100% accurate prophecy would not be impossible.

It is sometimes hard to understand why stuff happens, but we must be at peace and know it is G-ds Will.
I have had extremely hard times in my life and it was all in His Plan and even if I never know why I had to suffer I just know its All His Will.

I Bow before G-d and Beg for His Mercy and Grace on me and All of Humankind so we might be Saved.

Yes we all have Assumptions on this topic, but your assumption are possible.
When I talked about biology, I was not making assumptions, I was presenting scientific facts.
Do we have free will or is everything Known of G-d?
You can't have free will and G-d Knowing Everything.
Why would God knowing the result mean we didn't have free will?

If I put a cake on the table and tell my son "don't touch it", I know he won't touch it, because I know him. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have free will - it will be hard for him not to touch it, it will be a mental struggle. He at any moment could choose to touch the cake. I just know he'd win that struggle because I trained him.

Does the fact that I know the outcome mean he didn't have free will?

Back