• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What is valuable on this forum?

I have to tell that this forum is getting less valuable. I don't think I'm only one with this feeling. I remember time when missing one day resulted in 60+ unread posts, especially on weekend.

So what did you liked then or like now? We should bring back liked things and do them more.

This forum used to be way more fun. Even infamous Ukraine thread has good memories for me. Do you remember gopher termination section? Still bring laughter in my heart.

One reason is because threads usually never sticked to topic, so it was easier for somebody to write something funny. Additional reason are nuggets, some interesting info which enabled new avenues of exploration (off course, the reason for thread derailement).

Topics used to be more diverse. Current news and Internet findings were sources of much disscusion. How society finished in current situation had generated significant engagement. There was always way to learn something new.

Even fighting used to be better. Going against whole forum (like in 12 wives idea) and standing for what you consider right was interesting. I miss intelectual clashes and testing ideas on 2000+ Celsius.

Pure marriage simply doesn't generate enough value. Learning nuggets are rare, meetings are too far from me and can be better solved over email.

This forum used to be more fun, interesting and had possibility to learn something new. Now it's just visit, nothing happens.

And we need way to deal with political topics.

I do accept I could be part of problem. I have hard time accepting "losing idea conflict".

I have to tell that this forum is getting less valuable. I don't think I'm only one with this feeling. I remember time when missing one day resulted in 60+ unread posts, especially on weekend.

So what did you liked then or like now? We should bring back liked things and do them more.

This forum used to be way more fun. Even infamous Ukraine thread has good memories for me. Do you remember gopher termination section? Still bring laughter in my heart.

One reason is because threads usually never sticked to topic, so it was easier for somebody to write something funny. Additional reason are nuggets, some interesting info which enabled new avenues of exploration (off course, the reason for thread derailement).

Topics used to be more diverse. Current news and Internet findings were sources of much disscusion. How society finished in current situation had generated significant engagement. There was always way to learn something new.

Even fighting used to be better. Going against whole forum (like in 12 wives idea) and standing for what you consider right was interesting. I miss intelectual clashes and testing ideas on 2000+ Celsius.

Pure marriage simply doesn't generate enough value. Learning nuggets are rare, meetings are too far from me and can be better solved over email.

This forum used to be more fun, interesting and had possibility to learn something new. Now it's just visit, nothing happens.

I do accept I could be part of problem. I have hard time accepting "losing idea conflict"

There are many issues but the most important issues I'm seeing are, there are too many compartmentalized groups with their own greater goods and mindsets set in stone. This is a Christian ministry yet there are non Christians wanting to change it into something else. I'm not saying this group should bar or restrict people. One of the main points is to create and convert others into scripture based Christians.

We have Christians who mean well and have great ideas yet they are not as loud as the non Christian elements. I have no ill will towards any of the many groups that call biblical families home. However if they do not wish to convert or assimilate why are they here? Why do non Christians desire to be involved within a Christian ministry if they have no desire to convert or learn? Instead I see people trying to convert others into fear based mindsets or the Hebrew roots movement.

From my observations and time here at biblical families I've noticed we are compartmentalized into:

Christians desiring a community and church bond, wishing for a theocratic tribal/clan based mindset (which I'm in favor for). Patriarchal and plural minded. Hard core scripture based leaders. Alpha mindset. Those dreaming of being Builders of families and nations. Yet are not as loud as the non Christian elements.

Christians desiring to appease everyone with honeyed words , pascifists, borderline non Patriarchal and I would even go on to say they are desiring to be under a matriarchal system. Beta mindset. Those dreaming of the end goal of having more than one wife...when some don't even have one or have a string of divorces. Those who are louder than the Patriarchal Christian element. Some even trying to preach ideals based on pacifist and feminist mindsets. Ruled by their vices and addictions of the flesh.

The Hebrew roots umbrella with its many sects (who have that tribal/clan mindset). I've seen in the comments from Facebook to this forum some of those seem to look down on Christians and think their version of faith is better or more true...etc. there are even comments saying they will not marry Christian men nor convert to their husband's faith. I will admit I do enjoy alot of the discussions and debates. Alot of the Hebrew roots community puts out some interesting information. Yet, I go back to this is a Christian ministry. If the Hebrew roots goal is to convert more into their fold, is this a Christian ministry or a Hebrew roots ministry? the two will have a hard time existing together when both argue salvation and gospel messages and covenants and definitions of righteousness. One will always drown out the other and there would be too much competition for the souls and attention of men/women instead of striving to appease the almighty with unity and worship and building biblical families.
Multicultural organizations usually stangnat and lose their identity.

There also seems to be an agnostic borderline atheist, conspiracy theorist homesteader element. More geared towards the worship of the fear of big government/big pharma (Hey im on board with distrusting the great merchants. But without organization we are easily picked off). Those who are more anarchist minded than communal/tribal. Those who dislike the idea of order, unity and community. Lone wolf's waiting for the end times alone in there dens. Hating the idea of "church" yet yearn for it.

I do think this community should allow open discussions and dialog. I dislike censorship. However there needs to be order amongst the chaos. There needs to be a plan/goal strict bylaws and a culture. Not a collection of wandering tribes arguing theology in the desert. Competing for women and the attention of new members. I was attracted to this community for the idea of community, it is there it just needs to be called out dusted off and put on the mantel as an example and order.

If my words upset you just know, I dont care. I identity as a Crusader Christian. If you don't like what I have to say that's fine ill hear your words and even give you time to debate, but if your goals are to attack the Christian identity and movement and try to impede its growth... well don't be surprised if I draw my sword.

Last edited:

I do accept I could be part of problem. I have hard time accepting "losing idea conflict".

To answer the broad question, I like to talk about the mechanics and practical aspects of plural marriage with people who get it. Whether it is how we would like to design a house or some of the varying ideas on one roof vs multiple, how to go about avoiding friction, how to manage a large family etc etc.
I like to be able to ha e conversations where I am not having to correct asinine bloody assumptions about harems or being a sodding swinger or a hedonistic narcissistic douche etc. Basically not having to constantly retrace steps over and over again with people who will not get the point or advantages and who really don't give a damn but whatever just thinking "lol, what a weirdo" etc

There are many issues but the most important issues I'm seeing are, there are too many compartmentalized groups with their own greater goods and mindsets set in stone. This is a Christian ministry yet there are non Christians wanting to change it into something else. I'm not saying this group should bar or restrict people. One of the main points is to create and convert others into scripture based Christians.

We have Christians who mean well and have great ideas yet they are not as loud as the non Christian elements. I have no ill will towards any of the many groups that call biblical families home. However if they do not wish to convert or assimilate why are they here? Why do non Christians desire to be involved within a Christian ministry if they have no desire to convert or learn?

Not sure if I am one of those intended in this list or not. To the best of my knowledge, I am the only square peg.
At the same time i don't see myself fitting into any of the other categories you listed...especially that beta matriarch etc so not sure if I am on the block here or not.
Not really seeing much of trying to garner the attention of new members for enticing either. Different perspective perhaps but not seeing a bunch of romancing going on. Simply conversations.

Not sure if I am one of those intended in this list or not. To the best of my knowledge, I am the only square peg.
At the same time i don't see myself fitting into any of the other categories you listed...especially that beta matriarch etc so not sure if I am on the block here or not.
Not really seeing much of trying to garner the attention of new members for enticing either. Different perspective perhaps but not seeing a bunch of romancing going on. Simply conversations.
Not directed at anyone in particular just my observations. But you're cool man, a bit of a character but a loveable one. Plus you introduced me to this forum...so you'll get a pass.

Not directed at anyone in particular just my observations. But you're cool man, a bit of a character but a loveable one. Plus you introduced me to this forum...so you'll get a pass.

Bit of a character? Just a bit?
dougal-priest.gif

Glad you jumped in.
I generally try to push the ladies this direct but occasionally you get to chatting with a guy with his head on straight and may as well get then to join the party

The Hebrew roots umbrella with its many sects (who have that tribal/clan mindset). I've seen in the comments from Facebook to this forum some of those seem to look down on Christians and think their version of faith is better or more true...etc. there are even comments saying they will not marry Christian men nor convert to their husband's faith. I will admit I do enjoy alot of the discussions and debates. Alot of the Hebrew roots community puts out some interesting information. Yet, I go back to this is a Christian ministry. If the Hebrew roots goal is to convert more into their fold, is this a Christian ministry or a Hebrew roots ministry? the two will have a hard time existing together when both argue salvation and gospel messages and covenants and definitions of righteousness. One will always drown out the other and there would be too much competition for the souls and attention of men/women instead of striving to appease the almighty with unity and worship and building biblical families.
I agree that there are differences between those who are Hebrew roots and many mainstream/Protestant based Christians and that those discussions should have a time and place. But the implication that the Hebrew Roots are NOT Christian or Biblically (Both old and new testament) based is I believe a very unfair and incorrect accusation. There are other Christian denominations who believe their faith/practices are superior to other denominations.

Please see all the above discussion. Then you should readily be able to see what I am "going on about."
Well, I'm lost, I still have no idea what you're talking about.
If it's important you'll need to explain it more clearly if you want anything done about it, if it's unimportant and doesn't need anything done then you don't need to.

We have Christians who mean well and have great ideas yet they are not as loud as the non Christian elements. I have no ill will towards any of the many groups that call biblical families home. However if they do not wish to convert or assimilate why are they here? Why do non Christians desire to be involved within a Christian ministry if they have no desire to convert or learn? Instead I see people trying to convert others into fear based mindsets or the Hebrew roots movement.
Sorry my response will be somewhat rambling and go back in forth but I genuinely am a little confused. Any moderator may feel free to correct and clear some things up for me as I'm trying to figure out what is going on.

If you don't want those kinds of characters (Hebrew Roots movement, Catholic, LDS, etc.) say so from the get-go. Do not present yourself as being open to all characters or say it is for all people who believe the bible. Be specific and say all are welcome but be frank and give examples as to what you believe and who you consider to be "non-christian" or "non-bible-believers" in the intro.
Referring to the moderators as the ministry, is what first clued me in that this was not what I thought it was. I knew it was not supposed to be a platform where we all converted each other, but it seems I was partially wrong. Recently it feels like that rather than a place for anyone who believes that Christ is a Lord and Saviour and that polygany is a good thing to gather and support each other, it is a ministry for a certain sect of christianity (which feels more southern baptist based in values) that believe in polygany. I have come to this conclusion because I keep hearing whenever anyone from a different sect (LDS, Hebrew, have been the main ones lately) mentions a doctrine that not everyone agrees with or even just mentions that they are from one of those sects, they are told that this is not a forum for wrong doctrine to be preached but only doctrine that the ministry on this site considers to be true.
(But like what? There are so many sects of christianity with different beliefs. It is too confusing. How in the world am I supposed to know exactly what this particular sect considers true? Whether you believe in baptism or just view it as symbolic. Whether you believe in the gift of tongues and healings, etc. We vary so much and honestly need to be nicer to each other. I know you don't believe and many people here hate LDS characters and some of the doctrines they believe. But don't try to convince me that all christians believe the same thing, because that is an outright lie or you just view anyone with a different understanding of doctrine and interpretation as heathens.
I have mentioned before that if I had that understanding I would have joined this platform differently. Maybe viewed it more like a seminary of sorts. Where all are welcome to join and ask questions but can't really talk about their own religions and backgrounds. Which is not what I personally believe or like, but I'm not running the site.)

It has only been in recent years that I have run into christians that call themselves christians and denounce all other people who claim to believe the bible and believe in Christ. This was never the case when I was younger. I was friends with christians and non-christians alike. Where I lived, because I believe half of this issue is culture based, I had friends who were Catholic, Jehovah Witness, baptist, etc (I was the LDS friend) and we and all of our parents considered each other as christians. We were not offended and did not denounce each other.
Since I moved to NC (the first time I moved there was 7ish years ago, I've been in and out,) and when I lived in Gillingham UK, I ran into baptist sects of christians that claimed that I was not a christian since I was LDS and was therefore offended at me, to the point that 40 year old men were yelling at me in the street. This also happens in NC. It has not happened anywhere else I have lived. It's been similar on this forum too.

Now you ask why people here do not assimilate or those who you consider as non-christian come here and do not expect they are supposed to be converted to anything in particular? That is because it is completely unclear. I did not join this forum under the understanding that it was a specific ministry for any sort of specific christian group. It said for those who believe in the bible and in biblical marriage which I understood as meaning polygany and patriarchy. I did not realise that is denounced or segregated any specific group of people even if they consider themselves to believe in the bible.
I thought it was just a place where those who have christian roots and want to understand and learn more about polygany were allowed to come and be a comfort to each other and learn from each other. Not convert each other, but just comfort each other as most other christians do not even consider those who believe in polygany to be real christians from what I can perceive.

I agree that there are differences between those who are Hebrew roots and many mainstream/Protestant based Christians and that those discussions should have a time and place. But the implication that the Hebrew Roots are NOT Christian or Biblically (Both old and new testament) based is I believe a very unfair and incorrect accusation. There are other Christian denominations who believe their faith/practices are superior to other denominations.
My assumption is based on observations between people in this forum, on the Facebook group and in my many talks with other members. I do not have an opinion on the hebrew roots theology or other Christian denominations nor will I debate someone on it. I will also not argue scripture nor try to convert someone. I'm looking at the macro and micro interactions within the biblical families group. On the micro level what I've mentioned has happend and does happen on a regular basis. On the macro level the Hebrew roots is a movement and culture and like any other movement or culture they will strive to be on top as do Christians. Everyone does it and it's natural to want ones culture to dominate the hearts and minds.

I did not refer to Hebrew roots as anything other than their group identity. It is a culture with a tribal mindset. There is nothing wrong with that. I wish the same thing for the Christian side of biblical families. I will admit I do not even know much about the different factions or sub groups within its domain.

I refer back to what my post was about. This is a Christian ministry or so it claims to be. Yet other cultures are allowed to preach, convert, and want their own separate spaces. I never said they aren't biblical and I did not refer to them as Christians because I've never read a post where a follow refers to themselves as such.

My accusations are observations not my personal opinion. The unfairness does not matter. Life is not fair nor is death. Every culture is at war to keep itself relevant and to make way for its next generations. The Hebrew roots movement on the macro level is its own unique identity and if you don't agree with that then discard the identity of hebrew roots and call yourselves Christians. I look at things from the scope of a civilization and cultures. But time will tell and groups will consolidate and merge.

The main page to this forum states its a Christian ministry. Yet with all these different groups not just the HR, its more a social club.

Now...if the moderators and admins change the meaning and and statements on the main page of biblical family's to say "this is a kumbaya community where there is no main group theme or identity" then I would not need to say any of this. However that's not the case.

Last edited:
I refer back to what my post was about. This is a Christian ministry or so it claims to be. Yet other cultures are allowed to preach, convert, and want their own separate spaces. I never said they aren't biblical and I did not refer to them as Christians because I've never read a post where a follow refers to themselves as such.
It's a sect of christianity just as any other protestant, baptist, etc. Once you say christian, you include it, unless you specify otherwise.

My assumption is based on observations between people in this forum, on the Facebook group and in my many talks with other members. I do not have an opinion on the hebrew roots theology or other Christian denominations nor will I debate someone on it. I will also not argue scripture nor try to convert someone. I'm looking at the macro and micro interactions within the biblical families group. On the micro level what I've mentioned has happend and does happen on a regular basis. On the macro level the Hebrew roots is a movement and culture and like any other movement or culture they will strive to be on top as do Christians. Everyone does it and it's natural to want ones culture to dominate the hearts and minds.

I did not refer to Hebrew roots as anything other than their group identity. It is a culture with a tribal mindset. There is nothing wrong with that. I wish the same thing for the Christian side of biblical families. I will admit I do not even know much about the different factions or sub groups within its domain.

My accusations are observations not my personal opinion. The unfairness does not matter. Life is not fair nor is death. Every culture is at war to keep itself relevant and to make way for its next generations. The Hebrew roots movement on the macro level is its own unique identity and if you don't agree with that then discard the identity of hebrew roots and call yourselves Christians. I look at things from the scope of a civilization and cultures. But time will tell and groups will consolidate and merge.

The main page to this forum states its a Christian ministry. Yet with all these different groups not just the HR, its more a social club.

Now...if the moderators and admins change the meaning and and statements on the main page of biblical family's to say "this is a kumbaya community where there is no main group theme or identity" then I would not need to say any of this. However that's not the case.
Stating that Hebrew Roots/Torah keepers are not Christian is completely incorrect and derogatory towards an entire denomination. This is not a debate on theology but merely pointing out that you are WRONG to say that we are not Christian and are an entirely different culture that is somehow a separate entity from what you define as Christian, and thus have no place to be here on Biblical families. Denominations of Christians (Which Hebrew Roots/TK is a part of) have disagreements on many theological levels. Yes, my husband and I chose to keep more of the Torah than other Christians, that does NOT mean we are not Christian. We believe in Jesus as our Messiah and Redeemer and through his grace by faith in him we are saved. We believe in and read the same Bible, given by our God, for us to use as our guide in understanding Him, His son our Savior, and the rules and morality He would want us to live by. We hold to the belief that men need to be Patriarchs of their families and that the bible defines how to pursue and implement that system. How is that NOT a Biblical Christian???

My husband and I prefer the term First Century Christianity when referring to our belief system. Why? Because we value our Savior and believe that we are doing our best to follow the way he established and lived during his time on earth and passed along to his followers.

When you meet any Christian on the street and ask them what religion they are how do they answer? They often answer with a denominational affiliation, not just saying they are a Christian. You yourself qualified and defined yourself as a "Crusader Christian", which means that just calling yourself a Christian did not define your beliefs well enough. You should allow other people that same grace of defining their Christian beliefs/denominations.

Last edited:
Stating that Hebrew Roots/Torah keepers are not Christian is completely incorrect and derogatory towards an entire denomination. This is not a debate on theology but merely pointing out that you are WRONG to say that we are not Christian and are an entirely different culture that is somehow a separate entity from what you define as Christian, and thus have no place to be here on Biblical families. Denominations of Christians (Which Hebrew Roots/TK is a part of) have disagreements on many theological levels. Yes, my husband and I chose to keep more of the Torah than other Christians, that does NOT mean we are not Christian. We believe in Jesus as our Messiah and Redeemer and through his grace by faith in him we are saved. We believe in and read the same Bible, given by our God, for us to use as our guide in understanding Him, His son our Savior, and the rules and morality He would want us to live by. We hold to the belief that men need to be Patriarchs of their families and that the bible defines how to pursue and implement that system. How is that NOT a Biblical Christian???

My husband and I prefer the term First Century Christianity when referring to our belief system. Why? Because we value our Savior and believe that we are doing our best to follow the way he established and lived during his time on earth and passed along to his followers.

When you meet any Christian on the street and ask them what religion they are how do they answer? They often answer with a denominational affiliation, not just saying they are a Christian. You yourself qualified and defined yourself as a "Crusader Christian", which means that just calling yourself a Christian did not define your beliefs well enough. You should allow other people that same grace of defining their Christian beliefs/denominations.
Well said.

How dare I.

It's a sect of christianity just as any other protestant, baptist, etc. Once you say christian, you include it, unless you specify otherwise.
My apologies...I had no idea there were 45,001 Christian denominations. And here I thought there was only 45,000.

There are so many flavors, which should I choose. It's all so confusing. Hurry someone convert me to the correct path.

Sorry my response will be somewhat rambling and go back in forth but I genuinely am a little confused. Any moderator may feel free to correct and clear some things up for me as I'm trying to figure out what is going on.

If you don't want those kinds of characters (Hebrew Roots movement, Catholic, LDS, etc.) say so from the get-go. Do not present yourself as being open to all characters or say it is for all people who believe the bible. Be specific and say all are welcome but be frank and give examples as to what you believe and who you consider to be "non-christian" or "non-bible-believers" in the intro.
Referring to the moderators as the ministry, is what first clued me in that this was not what I thought it was. I knew it was not supposed to be a platform where we all converted each other, but it seems I was partially wrong. Recently it feels like that rather than a place for anyone who believes that Christ is a Lord and Saviour and that polygany is a good thing to gather and support each other, it is a ministry for a certain sect of christianity (which feels more southern baptist based in values) that believe in polygany. I have come to this conclusion because I keep hearing whenever anyone from a different sect (LDS, Hebrew, have been the main ones lately) mentions a doctrine that not everyone agrees with or even just mentions that they are from one of those sects, they are told that this is not a forum for wrong doctrine to be preached but only doctrine that the ministry on this site considers to be true.
(But like what? There are so many sects of christianity with different beliefs. It is too confusing. How in the world am I supposed to know exactly what this particular sect considers true? Whether you believe in baptism or just view it as symbolic. Whether you believe in the gift of tongues and healings, etc. We vary so much and honestly need to be nicer to each other. I know you don't believe and many people here hate LDS characters and some of the doctrines they believe. But don't try to convince me that all christians believe the same thing, because that is an outright lie or you just view anyone with a different understanding of doctrine and interpretation as heathens.
I have mentioned before that if I had that understanding I would have joined this platform differently. Maybe viewed it more like a seminary of sorts. Where all are welcome to join and ask questions but can't really talk about their own religions and backgrounds. Which is not what I personally believe or like, but I'm not running the site.)

It has only been in recent years that I have run into christians that call themselves christians and denounce all other people who claim to believe the bible and believe in Christ. This was never the case when I was younger. I was friends with christians and non-christians alike. Where I lived, because I believe half of this issue is culture based, I had friends who were Catholic, Jehovah Witness, baptist, etc (I was the LDS friend) and we and all of our parents considered each other as christians. We were not offended and did not denounce each other.
Since I moved to NC (the first time I moved there was 7ish years ago, I've been in and out,) and when I lived in Gillingham UK, I ran into baptist sects of christians that claimed that I was not a christian since I was LDS and was therefore offended at me, to the point that 40 year old men were yelling at me in the street. This also happens in NC. It has not happened anywhere else I have lived. It's been similar on this forum too.

Now you ask why people here do not assimilate or those who you consider as non-christian come here and do not expect they are supposed to be converted to anything in particular? That is because it is completely unclear. I did not join this forum under the understanding that it was a specific ministry for any sort of specific christian group. It said for those who believe in the bible and in biblical marriage which I understood as meaning polygany and patriarchy. I did not realise that is denounced or segregated any specific group of people even if they consider themselves to believe in the bible.

I thought it was just a place where those who have christian roots and want to understand and learn more about polygany were allowed to come and be a comfort to each other and learn from each other. Not convert each other, but just comfort each other as most other christians do not even consider those who believe in polygany to be real christians from what I can perceive.
From my early observations this was a Christian ministry . Made up of many different backgrounds.

When I joined the forum it seemed to be a place where non denominational Christians and others who were cast out or left their previous groups joined together to form a new ministry based on pure scripture, patriarchy and biblical marriage.

Then over the last couple years it started changing into this biblical social club.

You are correct how unclear it is yet.
I also agree with how confusing it is.

If everyone could just attend a retreat one time….

Unfortunately the forum (or FB) does not accurately reflect BF.
Speaking of the Facebook group not reflecting what BF is. What about on the individual level?

There was a person on there stating to marry a Christian man would be beneath them as they were an Israelite. Then compared christians not being able to marry a pagan as the same thing.

This type of attitude is what I'm referring to. No one jumped at that person's post or said how dare you...etc. Yet get butt hurt when I point out there is no direction to the group due to to many themes and arguments and no unity. There are no shepherds for this vast heard of bleating sheep.

Speaking of the Facebook group not reflecting what BF is. What about on the individual level?

There was a person on there stating to marry a Christian man would be beneath them as they were an Israelite. Then compared christians not being able to marry a pagan as the same thing.

This type of attitude is what I'm referring to. No one jumped at that person's post or said how dare you...etc. Yet get butt hurt when I point out there is no direction to the group due to to many themes and arguments and no unity. There are no shepherds for this vast heard of bleating sheep.
We have unity, we just don’t have the unity that you want.

Online interactions do not accurately (and cannot/should not) reflect real life relationships.

So what if some stranger on the internet wants to marry a certain flavor of man.

There is unity. At retreats. Every flavor imaginable.

Back